Peter Clarke

27 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Salford are a small club with a huge budget. People do understand that right? They could (will) probably out pay and out bid most league 1 teams.  Players go to the money.  

So how does the FFP rules work then, I thought it was a only a certain % of turn over that can be spent on players wages.

Given their gates and other income from sponsorship etc I wouldn't think its that big!!!

4 minutes ago, losesome said:

So how does the FFP rules work then, I thought it was a only a certain % of turn over that can be spent on players wages.

Given their gates and other income from sponsorship etc I wouldn't think its that big!!!

2019 and folk are still asking about this...

8 minutes ago, losesome said:

You can get round these things.

But back to the main point regardless of the fact Salford are loaded we have clearly let Clarke go we didn't offer him a deal and barely acknowledged he left the football club which is another pathetic act from the owner.

2 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Conor Chaplin from Coventry according to my sources. When I say sources I mean my mate who used to support Man U but is now a Salford fan. 

Actually Richie Towell from Brighton!!! Must be big wages as he's been at Rotherham last 2 seasons. Maybe Chaplin to follow - we're more Charlie Chaplin :scarf001:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Salford are a small club with a huge budget.   

It's gonna be ludicrous them smashing teams bringing decent away followings while their 2 men and a dog watch on....

Will take a year or two though. Unlikely they'll go up again next season in my eyes.....

On 5/31/2019 at 4:48 PM, losesome said:

The financial regulations at our level are an absolute myth. SCMP rules state that owner donations and capital injections count as ‘income’.

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I see the Vlogger has tweeted the stat about Clarke seemingly being responsible for 37 goals last season...

He's only a kid,plenty more dickheads who should know better backing the  :clown: and his entourage.

I think Clarkey didn't let Preston have much of a sniff yesterday, could have just got lucky eh <_<

15 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I see the Vlogger has tweeted the stat about Clarke seemingly being responsible for 37 goals last season...

Shame really, someones feeding him the shit but he will soon get sick of watching this team get battered week in week out whilst Clarkes doing a fine job in League 1. Be better if he was impartial because if it all goes tits up he will end up with egg on his face.

26 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

He was probably responsible for saving 37 goals last season though.....

..... organising the team, coaching the youngsters (on the back of which the club received a decent transfer fee), harmonizing the group, behaving impeccabley, putting his team mates before himself, scored one less than Nepo the same as Branger and one more than Maouche (apparently our main scoring threats this season) and generally kept a steady ship whenever a shit show raised its head. 

What he offered was immeasurable and to replace him with a smacked arse like Mohammed Maouche is laughable, a captain he ain't.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

He’s deleted the tweet after receiving a vociferous backlash

I like Rhys and his Vlogs (think I bigged him up on here when he started them) just don't feel he needs to take sides particularly as he's only a teenager and doesn't need the shit, could get toxic this season unfortunately. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I like Rhys and his Vlogs (think I bigged him up on here when he started them) just don't feel he needs to take sides particularly as he's only a teenager and doesn't need the shit, could get toxic this season unfortunately. 

Yes seems like a nice lad - his dad's always with him on the blogs - time for dad to pass on his wisdom. Stick to the impartial fan reporting - stay well clear of anything controversial because things are going to get pretty nasty me thinks. 

• Like 1

Peter Clarke despite maybe coming to the tail end of his career is a big loss not having been offered a deal. He played a big part in Edmundsons development and is still better than the centre back options currently available at the club. I find it staggering he wasn’t given a one year deal. The thought of Sefil being a regular sends a shudder through my spine and Stott and Iacovitti still have so much to learn. Clarke might have helped their development had he been offered a deal. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Paul said:

Peter Clarke despite maybe coming to the tail end of his career is a big loss not having been offered a deal. He played a big part in Edmundsons development and is still better than the centre back options currently available at the club. I find it staggering he wasn’t given a one year deal. The thought of Sefil being a regular sends a shudder through my spine and Stott and Iacovitti still have so much to learn. Clarke might have helped their development had he been offered a deal. 

He didn't want one.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

He didn't want one.

If that’s true I guess he was desperate to get out which tells a story in itself 

This time of the year should be excitement and hope about the new season, instead, it’s fear and dread 

On 7/27/2019 at 4:32 PM, Lee Sinnott said:

Where has he even plucked that from? I’m genuinely interested...

24 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Where has he even plucked that from? I’m genuinely interested...

One of Abdallah's disciples Mike Halliwell mentioned it on their cult-like facebook group to help downplay concerns after his departure.

I'm becoming really concerned that there's a lot of borderline propaganda coming out of various social media channels and a lot of new accounts are also popping up on the #oafc asking very specific questions. All a bit Russian. Bit too much for a 4th division football club FFS!

Edited by Kusunga_Is_God
  • Like 1