Sporting Director

7 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Bit worried personally, with Surridge, Lang, Lyden potentially leaving and being replaced with Ranger and players not tested in this league. If we want to go up then we need to sign appropriate players not gamble on unknown players. 

Edited by sjk2008

Hiring a sporting director isn't as much a licence to interfere as it is to delegate the recruitment away from the head coach.

I'm not against us bringing in players from the French lower leagues I just don't think we have had enough value for money out of these signings. They are usually players that could hold their own in league 2 but won't take us much further and as they are all usually in their mid 20' unlikely to either get much better or command much of a fee in the transfer market.

We still need to fine tune the recruitment policy imo.

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Hiring a sporting director isn't as much a licence to interfere as it is to delegate the recruitment away from the head coach.

I'm not against us bringing in players from the French lower leagues I just don't think we have had enough value for money out of these signings. They are usually players that could hold their own in league 2 but won't take us much further and as they are all usually in their mid 20' unlikely to either get much better or command much of a fee in the transfer market.

We still need to fine tune the recruitment policy imo.

Depending what happens with Brexit, this could well be the last (or one of the last) transfer windows where players from the French lower leagues will be able to sign for us.  After Brexit, overseas players will need work permits and the calibre of player that we are in the market for would be unlikely to get one.

1 minute ago, Sparkleking said:

Depending what happens with Brexit, this could well be the last (or one of the last) transfer windows where players from the French lower leagues will be able to sign for us.  After Brexit, overseas players will need work permits and the calibre of player that we are in the market for would be unlikely to get one.

Thats another factor to bear in mind but 1 knowone knows about least of all our elected politicians

Ofcourse we could all wake up and realise Brexit is a massive waste of everyones time and it could be cancelled who knows.

46 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Bit worried personally, with Surridge, Lang, Lyden potentially leaving and being replaced with Ranger and players not tested in this league. If we want to go up then we need to sign appropriate players not gamble on unknown players. 

Ranger ? Where’s this from ? Hasn’t he signed about 5 or 6 times previously already?

38 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Is Pete Wild unique in holding the titles of Caretaker Manager and Interim Academy manager simultaenously?!

We have more Ground and Maintenance staff than Professional and Academy.

Perhaps the tea lady could dual role?

Edited by BP1960

The Lemsagam family are clearly going to be very “hands on” so it will up to the Manager/coaches and other staff to either accept their style or go elsewhere.......I reckon we have a 50-50 chance of being in the Northern Premier League or the Championship in the next few years !!! What I don’t think will happen is we languish in mid table in League 2! 

14 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

We have more Ground and Maintenance staff than Professional and Academy.

Perhaps the tea lady could dual role?

Maybe she has already..?!
15 roles will have changed in a month by the time the new Mgr & Asst are appointed.

24 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

The Lemsagam family are clearly going to be very “hands on” so it will up to the Manager/coaches and other staff to either accept their style or go elsewhere.......I reckon we have a 50-50 chance of being in the Northern Premier League or the Championship in the next few years !!! What I don’t think will happen is we languish in mid table in League 2! 

Aye.

It does feel like that. Let’s hope it’s the latter. 

1 hour ago, singe said:

Maybe she has already..?!
15 roles will have changed in a month by the time the new Mgr & Asst are appointed.

Is that a bad thing? 

Looks like it’s revolution not evolution.  Time will tell if it works.  Certainly wasn’t working before though, that’s undeniable.