Sporting Director

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Is that a bad thing? 

Looks like it’s revolution not evolution.  Time will tell if it works.  Certainly wasn’t working before though, that’s undeniable. 

Hard to think the majroity  of the jobs had much bearing on our success or lack of it. Or that the previous incumbents were not doing a terrible job.  Of course, they are needed  to run the operation, I'm not denying their need.

We can only guess. I don't think we know about AL enough currently to give him care blanche without questioning.

Jobs that have changed:

Impactful on success.

Sporting Director. Find out soon enough.

GK Coach. Well documented.

Academy Manager. TP. Maybe we will never know.

1st team coach. Again Well documented, cannot argue upturn in form, and backs your assertion

Head Groundsman. Meteorric promotion. Albeit I think does a good job. Things seem to have improved since the discovery of the blocked drain.

Club Secretary. Again rapid rise. Previous person left though. maybe never know if he was unhappy. Only know if makes a mistake.
Analyst. Who knows, hard to imagine a huge impact of success of club.

Youth Dev Phase. Is PW, so he again had a promotion. But been there 12 years, so works against your argument of past failures.

Head of Coaching. Not sure we know the difference between Academy Mgr and Youth Development.

Senior Therapist has been vacant for some time

Administrator. Who knows, but not a critical position to success of club

Football Administrator. Not critical to success

Club Photographer. Not effect.

1 less laundry person. no effect on club success surely?

2 minutes ago, singe said:

Hard to think the majroity  of the jobs had much bearing on our success or lack of it. Or that the previous incumbents were not doing a terrible job.  Of course, they are needed  to run the operation, I'm not denying their need.

We can only guess. I don't think we know about AL enough currently to give him care blanche without questioning.

Jobs that have changed:

Impactful on success.

Sporting Director. Find out soon enough.

GK Coach. Well documented.

Academy Manager. TP. Maybe we will never know.

1st team coach. Again Well documented, cannot argue upturn in form, and backs your assertion

Head Groundsman. Meteorric promotion. Albeit I think does a good job. Things seem to have improved since the discovery of the blocked drain.

Club Secretary. Again rapid rise. Previous person left though. maybe never know if he was unhappy. Only know if makes a mistake.
Analyst. Who knows, hard to imagine a huge impact of success of club.

Youth Dev Phase. Is PW, so he again had a promotion. But been there 12 years, so works against your argument of past failures.

Head of Coaching. Not sure we know the difference between Academy Mgr and Youth Development.

Senior Therapist has been vacant for some time

Administrator. Who knows, but not a critical position to success of club

Football Administrator. Not critical to success

Club Photographer. Not effect.

1 less laundry person. no effect on club success surely?

We got rid of the laundry person when we had banks on the books, his shirt never got dirty

2 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

The Lemsagam family are clearly going to be very “hands on” so it will up to the Manager/coaches and other staff to either accept their style or go elsewhere.......

Further limiting the pool of people we can pick from..

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Is that a bad thing? 

Looks like it’s revolution not evolution.  Time will tell if it works.  Certainly wasn’t working before though, that’s undeniable. 

This for me. It’s as if people have short memories. Or is it just convenient to forget how shite things were in SC era  ? I personally feel like (and hope) that AL is trying to set higher standards. He’s new to football club ownership and has done,and will do, make mistakes. Towards the end SC had seemingly just given up on the footballing side especially. AL interence to me (however wrong it is) atleast shows he does give a stuff. He’s got my support. For now anyway. 

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

5 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

This for me. It’s as if people have short memories. Or is it just convenient to forget how shite things were in SC era  ? I personally feel like (and hope) that AL is trying to set higher standards. He’s new to football club ownership and has done,and will do, make mistakes. Towards the end SC had seemingly just given up on the footballing side especially. AL interence to me (however wrong it is) atleast shows he does give a stuff. He’s got my support. For now anyway. 

Fucking hated Corney but even he didn't get us relegated, I really can't share the sentiment that he somehow has set higher standards because the situation we find ourselves in (in League 2) is largely down to his bad decisions, I know I'm cynical by nature but the sacking of Bunn now becomes clearer with the announcement of the Sporting Director and the flurry of new arrivals at the training ground, let's hope it doesn't undermine the good work Frankie did restoring team spirit and a feel good factor around the place, I know some won't share that view but this could quite easily go to rat shit especially if a renowned failure like Pressley is given the gig.

9 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Corneys inadequacies should not be seen as a way of excusing interference of the current owner.

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Fucking hated Corney but even he didn't get us relegated, I really can't share the sentiment that he somehow has set higher standards because the situation we find ourselves in (in League 2) is largely down to his bad decisions, I know I'm cynical by nature but the sacking of Bunn now becomes clearer with the announcement of the Sporting Director and the flurry of new arrivals at the training ground, let's hope it doesn't undermine the good work Frankie did restoring team spirit and a feel good factor around the place, I know some won't share that view but this could quite easily go to rat shit especially if a renowned failure like Pressley is given the gig.

Wellens got us relegated. Should never have happened.  I refuse to accept anything else.  He’s a crap manager as he will prove once again in time, because I doubt such an arrogant man can learn. 

Edited by kowenicki
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

The comment about Pressley is spot on. I would rather we gave it to Wild(which would be a mistake IMO). Not that I have anything against Wild I don't think it is the right time at the moment. Askey or Heckingbottom for me. 

Edited by disjointed

8 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Wellens got us relegated. Should never have happened.  I refuse to accept anything else.  He’s a crap manager as he will prove once again in time, because I doubt such an arrogant man can learn. 

AL, Wellens, Shez all culpable and you can throw a few others in their as well, but AL unlike SC couldn't see we were going down  until it was too late.

19 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

AL, Wellens, Shez all culpable and you can throw a few others in their as well, but AL unlike SC couldn't see we were going down  until it was too late.

Bluddy hell.....there's no margin for error regarding AL with you, is there? AL owned the club for 4 months but you are comparing his 4 months to SC in charge under whose tenure the club deteriorated year on year. I have no doubt the way Sheridan stuck his head in the sand, we would have been relegated far earlier.

Edited by mikejh45

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Should imagine this was always the plan and they've been waiting for a good time to bury it.

Probably explains why Clarke wanted no part of it and neither will any manager worth their salt...

I didn't know you were sorting the shortlist of manager interviews!!!

17 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Should imagine this was always the plan and they've been waiting for a good time to bury it.

Probably explains why Clarke wanted no part of it and neither will any manager worth their salt...

Oh give it a rest. Talk about negative Nancy. It’s non stop with you.  

9 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Says the guy who tells us how it was all Wellens' fault. Every day.

It was. But how is that at all the same?

I said you are negative. I’m positive, almost always, I just think Wellens was crap. You are almost always negative,  cynical and miserable.  Cheer up, it’s just footy. 

Edited by kowenicki

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Sheridan, Corney, Abdallah and the players all bear some responsibility too...

It was a team effort to get that lot relegated.

3 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Sheridan, Corney, Abdallah and the players all bear some responsibility too...

It was a team effort to get that lot relegated.

Shez, Wellens and the players I’ll give you. That squad was good enough to stay up, as it proved from time to time through the season.