Confused.Com - slightly

Apologies if l've missed something / or even lots  -  but if  three of the loan players have gone back to their parent clubs this week, and bearing in mind that it is Thursday evening with no official news remotely relating thereto, does this not leave us with a bit of a hole to fill before Sunday, or whatever the cut off date/time to play at Fulham happens to be ?

OK, so let's look at it sensibly, yes, yes l known that doesn't normally apply to our club, but let's give it a go.

Lang   -  if not back, l assume the double barrelled named French lad fills in

Strikers  -  Surridge maybe there, maybe not -  if he is lined up to go to another club after Sunday, would said club be happy ( bearing in mind his ability to become injured at the drop of the hat ) for him to be playing for us. CO'G may very well be injured, Miller gone, Lang might be back might not.

Defensive midfield  -  Lyden gone. At the moment no obvious natural replacement available on the books. 

Thin, sounds like a definition of obesity in these circumstances.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Surridge was telling people he would be available for Fulham, expected to leave afterwards.

Lang and Lyden were half season loans so have gone and won't feature unless they re-sign.

Has this been confirmed on the official? That all does leave a pretty big hole for Sunday

Rumour has it we’ve signed Sylla from some French 3rd division side, who on the balance is a Fane/Lyden replacement. Surridge, as above, is supposedly available. 

Lang is the worry for me- with Nepomuceno playing full-back we might be short of wide players, and forwards given Miler leaving and Surridge not being very reliable. We may end up starting some of the kids who have been on the bench of late. 

I think we may have an advantage in the transfer market compared to everyone else in League 2. I can’t see the likes of Carlisle recruiting from France. But that advantage is unlikely to be used prior to Friday (when the deadline for Sunday is likely to be).

1 minute ago, rudemedic said:

Rumour has it we’ve signed Sylla from some French 3rd division side, who on the balance is a Fane/Lyden replacement. Surridge, as above, is supposedly available. 

Lang is the worry for me- with Nepomuceno playing full-back we might be short of wide players, and forwards given Miler leaving and Surridge not being very reliable. We may end up starting some of the kids who have been on the bench of late. 

I think we may have an advantage in the transfer market compared to everyone else in League 2. I can’t see the likes of Carlisle recruiting from France. But that advantage is unlikely to be used prior to Friday (when the deadline for Sunday is likely to be).

Will be an interesting team selection for sure. Could be a baptism of fire for some.  At least Fulham will be in the dark too. If they’ve been watching us then that may have been a waste of time for them. 

3 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Can't see Gevaro at full back, Lang or not. Didn't Wild say Hunt was just rested?

Anyway it's great. 2008 all over again.

Just now, deyres42 said:

It hasn't been uncommon for us to be under embargo at this time of year and that could explain why they haven't re-signed or a new manager been appointed yet...

Sorry. Just run that by me again. You saying we are under an embargo? Or that players haven’t re-signed because they expected us to be under an embargo?  

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Sorry. Just run that by me again. You saying we are under an embargo? Or that players haven’t re-signed because they expected us to be under an embargo?  

Saying it is not improbable that we are under some sort of embargo. Other clubs have sorted extended loan deals out already and you'd have thought we'd have been desperate to have the two lads involved on Sunday.

27 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

Can't see Gevaro at full back, Lang or not. Didn't Wild say Hunt was just rested?

Anyway it's great. 2008 all over again.

That was what I was thinking as I wrote it. Fairly certain we made 6 changes that day.