Lang back for the rest of the season

16 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Top news!

Is Surridge signing off after Fulham? watch him bag a brace 😉

I doubt he would have given his shirt and boots away if he was staying. He's supposed to be on a season long loan.

1 minute ago, latics22 said:

I may be in the minority here and I bet we need to have our best 11, but why should Surridge, half way out the door have a place above a Robinson etc

Because you always want to field your best 11, especially against a Premier League (reserves) side. Gives you a slightly better chance of creating an upset. 

Apart from that, it's more than likely that Bournemouth want him back to go on loan to a club in a higher division to gain more experience.

Other than that, I have no idea why he should be playing on Sunday.

13 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Because you always want to field your best 11, especially against a Premier League (reserves) side. Gives you a slightly better chance of creating an upset. 

Apart from that, it's more than likely that Bournemouth want him back to go on loan to a club in a higher division to gain more experience.

Other than that, I have no idea why he should be playing on Sunday.

But is it right? Just seems so unfair?

26 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I may be in the minority here and I bet we need to have our best 11, but why should Surridge, half way out the door have a place above a Robinson etc

It's a cup match, and you said it yourself.
What should the club do, cut it's nose off to spite its face?

3 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Well said exactly! I’m all for someone contributing over a season, but stealing a place of anyone fully employed to me seems unfair!

So if he scores and we win you’ll sit on your hands and boycott the next round? 

You are overthinking this. 

He is allowed under FA rules to play, so of course he should play unless we have someone else better. 

Edited by kowenicki

2 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Just a question not a demand

Nobody is judging you, as you are entitled to your opinion and the freedom to express it. My question to you still remains...would you say the same if he wins or contributes to Latics winning the game?

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Speak for yourself Wardie. I AM judging cos he’s talking bollox. 👍👍

A bit harsh, it's all about different perspectives. There is, I suppose, a case to be heard for both sides of the argument but I am coming down on the side that Surridge should be used if he is available. The final say rests with Wild, though.