Lang back for the rest of the season

10 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Good post.

I’m afraid Surridge appears typical of so many young footballers these days, it’s all about the money and the next move. As you say, much better to see Lang’s attitude which is for the team and the joy of playing football for your job!! In the long term I hope that attitude serves Lang better than Surridge’ approach

What's he actually done to make you think this of him?

He's banged in a load of goals here and is still playing for us. He might move on, he might not. It might be Bournemouth's decision, it might not. 

I dont get it.

7 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

He's banged in a load of goals here and is still playing for us. He might move on, he might not. It might be Bournemouth's decision, it might not. 

I dont get it.

I'm with you on this. I've been impressed with Surridge  and can't understand why he's been getting a slagging off from some quarters on here. He's a kid trying to make his way and he's doing OK as far as I can tell. Not quite sure where the 'he hasn't settled oop north ' view has come from.

29 minutes ago, astottie said:

I'm with you on this. I've been impressed with Surridge  and can't understand why he's been getting a slagging off from some quarters on here. He's a kid trying to make his way and he's doing OK as far as I can tell. Not quite sure where the 'he hasn't settled oop north ' view has come from.

Agreed.  There seems to be an unevidenced assumption that he picks and chooses his games, feigns injury to say at home and generally wimp out.  Mistifying unless someone actually knows these things?

Surridge is a young kid who’s come onloan and done a very good job for us, he isnt our player and we was used to provide him with valuable experience playing lower league professional football in a move that suited both us and Bournemouth..As he is there player they now have every right to take him from us and see if he can play at the next level, if he does well in league one he will then probably get loaned to a championship club next season..Surridge,Lang,Lydon and Iverson have all done well for us and will go back to their clubs either this week or at the end of the season better players for the experience..

The good thing to come from these loans is other top clubs will look at sending us their players in the future as they will see we give them regular game time to help there development..

Edited by fleetwood Blue

9 hours ago, jsslatic said:

I dont get it.

Spot on. Whatever happens he should get our thanks. 

17 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

One minute loan players are blocking the development of our own players, the next minute they are heroes...

Think you’re getting your Sams mixed up. 

Theres some justification in questioning a 17 year old loanee taking a back up place in the squad from one of our young defenders. But I don’t think anyone has said that any of the 3 core loanees are blocking anyone’s development. 

45 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Think you’re getting your Sams mixed up. 

Theres some justification in questioning a 17 year old loanee taking a back up place in the squad from one of our young defenders. But I don’t think anyone has said that any of the 3 core loanees are blocking anyone’s development. 

By the very nature of being there they are taking 'one of our owns' place but that seems to be conveniently forgotten if they do well...

So far this season I'd say the loanees have been the most successful for quite some years. Graham no, but the others have all been positives and we have had some absolute duds over the years. No point moaning about the system and I'd rather it was as it is now than the revolving door that it turned into under the old rules. 

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

So far this season I'd say the loanees have been the most successful for quite some years. Graham no, but the others have all been positives and we have had some absolute duds over the years. No point moaning about the system and I'd rather it was as it is now than the revolving door that it turned into under the old rules. 

I would add that the loan system by and large has worked for us over the last couple of years.

The club has learned from last season in  moving quicly to secure Lang for the rest of the season.

Iversen is here for the season and whilst Surridge has been very good, we havent missed him since the demise of FB. Baxter is also close to returning.

Lydon on the other hand will for me be the biggest loss. In that respect, we have also moved quickly to sign "the shield" on a year and a half deal; and whilst he is unproven, it shows intent from the club.

Glass half full from me. 

14 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

I would add that the loan system by and large has worked for us over the last couple of years.

The club has learned from last season in  moving quicly to secure Lang for the rest of the season.

Iversen is here for the season and whilst Surridge has been very good, we havent missed him since the demise of FB. Baxter is also close to returning.

Lydon on the other hand will for me be the biggest loss. In that respect, we have also moved quickly to sign "the shield" on a year and a half deal; and whilst he is unproven, it shows intent from the club.

Glass half full from me. 

If Lyden plays today won't that mean we've resigned him for the rest of the season? 

24 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

No. Think his and Surridge's deal run out on the 8th?

I thought all half season deals expired on the first. Surridge is a full season loan but Bournemouth can recall him at any time during the transfer window.

At least I think that's the case.....

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

By the very nature of being there they are taking 'one of our owns' place but that seems to be conveniently forgotten if they do well...

I think it’s perfectly acceptable to hold a view that if they’re strengthening an area of the squad that is light then that can be a positive. 

But if they’re just taking up a place on the bench ahead of our own players of a similar age that are capable of playing at this level, then that’s not using the system well. 

Doesnt have to be all or nothing!