Lang back for the rest of the season

2 minutes ago, astottie said:

Ah sorry.  It was the thread title that threw me! 😊

You could be right though. Biggest experience of his career today. If we get a big draw Bournemouth might well want him to stay got that.

He's tweeted saying goodbye so scrap this!

16 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Didn’t you know, Ranieri is frequently on here.. don’t stop with the insight, it’s the best information provider we have. Thanks for the work 

That wasn’t my point obviously. 

“Work”.  😂

• 3 months later...
20 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Who'll admit to not liking / rating him at the start of the season....? I will..... 🖐️

Congrats. for your honesty. Must admit I was not over keen on him when played wide but since he's been moved inside his form's really took off.

Just goes to show the over the top initial reactions some of our "fans" have to loan/new signings are way too premature. Missalou, Maouche and to some extent (in my opinion) Sylla were dismissed as crap virtually immediately and two have proved adequate and the third looks to be a ready made replacement for Fane, like him or not !

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Congrats. for your honesty. Must admit I was not over keen on him when played wide but since he's been moved inside his form's really took off.

Just goes to show the over the top initial reactions some of our "fans" have to loan/new signings are way too premature. Missalou, Maouche and to some extent (in my opinion) Sylla were dismissed as crap virtually immediately and two have proved adequate and the third looks to be a ready made replacement for Fane, like him or not !

Why would we need a replacement for Fane ? He’s awful at football, we need an improvement on Fane, not Sylla

56 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Who'll admit to not liking / rating him at the start of the season....? I will..... 🖐️

I'm still not convinced :lol:

Talk from some of him playing in League One/Championship seems a bit rose tinted to me.

Can't argue with 12 league goals though with hopefully more to come. 

I've heard we can have him again next season. I'd be happy with that if we're still in this league but I think he'd need to kick on significantly "up" in League One... 

Which he might well do... 

34 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Why would we need a replacement for Fane ? He’s awful at football, we need an improvement on Fane, not Sylla

I'm not saying Fane's a good footballer but in this division I thought he'd come to the fore. However I do think Sylla has proved useful coming on late to shore up midfield and provide a bit more energy going forward which has given our defence a break.

We'd all like a team full of artists but in this league we need a mixture and if Sylla improves sufficiently I see him as a replacement for Missalou should the need arise.  

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

What I’ve seen of Sylla - admittedly not much - I haven’t liked...

....Maouche - for all his ability with the ball - is too powderpuff for me...

....don’t get me started on Branger...

....Missilou & Gevaro are the only 2 of the Lemsagam’s recruits that I think pass the test.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

What I’ve seen of Sylla - admittedly not much - I haven’t liked...

....Maouche - for all his ability with the ball - is too powderpuff for me...

....don’t get me started on Branger...

....Missilou & Gevaro are the only 2 of the Lemsagam’s recruits that I think pass the test.

Can't argue too much with your assessment but am trying to convince myself that Sylla could prove useful.

As for Branger he's a bit too "show-ponyish" for me - if he'd just beat his man a couple of times it would be an improvement !