MOTM Fulham (FA Cup 3rd Round - A)

MOTM Fulham (FA Cup 3rd Round - A)  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your Man of the Match for the away victory at Premier League Fulham?

• Iversen
    • Hamer
    • Clarke
    • Edmundson
    • Nepomuceno
    • Lang
    • Lyden
    • Missilou
    • Branger-Engone
    • Maouche
    • O'Grady
    • Surridge

Missilou definitely, Clarke heroic, and as others have said Branger was really good as well today, the ball seemed to be glued to his boots at times in the last 10 minutes.

Watching from the Riverside Stand I didn't think Fulham should have had a penalty, having watched the highlights just now on MOTD it was never a penalty in a million years.

Well done Anthony Taylor though for our penalty, so often the all-in wrestling at corners goes unpunished.

5 minutes ago, singe said:

Such an amazing game that Daniel iverson, with the 1on 1 block and a penalty save to stop it being 3-1 doesn't even get a mention! 

True. All played well and a few played especially well - Clarke, Iversen, Branger-Engone, Lang, Nepomuceno but Missilou was just magnificent today.  Still buzzin’ 😀

Edited by TheBigDog

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

True. All played well and a few played especially well - Clarke, Iversen, Branger-Engone, Lang, Nepomuceno but Missilou was just magnificent today.  Still buzzin’ 😀

Definitely a need for an All of the Above option today. 

15 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

If Missilou played like that every week he wiould be a prem player, outstanding and its a long time since ive witnessed a Latics midfielder covering every blade of grass, driving forward and tackling everything in sight..excellent performance

Folks were saying this after the Crewe game, but this was obviously against a better class of opposition.

11 hours ago, fleetwood Blue said:

If Missilou played like that every week he wiould be a prem player, outstanding and its a long time since ive witnessed a Latics midfielder covering every blade of grass, driving forward and tackling everything in sight..excellent performance

I don't get to see us much, so have no idea who he is as a player.  But, if he can put shifts like that in every week you'd have to assume he's got Championship football in him at the very least.  An astonishing performance.

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

Thought also that our 2 young lads Hamer and Edmundson didn't look out of place. Solid defending. 

You can see why people are talking about Edmundson already, can't you. He's got Tarky 2.0 written all over him.

OLDHAM - BY MIKE KEEGAN

Oldham's backroom staff (who insisted on anonymity!) give their guide to the League Two underdogs…

Daniel Iversen

• On-loan Leicester keeper comes from Denmark. Can't stop swearing in interviews. His first went like this. Reporter: 'You made some great saves today.' Daniel: 'Yes, some f****** great saves.'

Tom Hamer

• Young local lad. Always in front of the mirror. Trots out, 'This is a proud moment for my family', every time he speaks to the Press.

Peter Clarke

• Tough Scouser known as 'Skip' and veteran of 700 league games. His parents go to every game. Could start a fight in an empty room.

George Edmundson

• Defender who came through the youth system. His shoulders don't match his body — they're too big. He looks like he's wearing Debbie Harry's shoulder pads.

Gevaro Nepomuceno

• Charmer who never stops smiling and flashing his gold tooth. Has the award for best-smelling Oldham player and 36 caps for Curacao.

Callum Lang

• Another Scouser. When not scoring goals, he's next to Tom Hamer in front of a mirror.

Jordan Lyden

• Hard-tackling Aussie midfielder on loan from Villa. He's the first to ask the club photographer for snaps of himself to put on social media.

Chris Missilou

• French-born Congo midfielder. He takes English lessons twice a week and has a different handshake for each of his team-mates and staff.

Johan Branger-Engone

• Humble and friendly with odd dress sense. He wears one trouser leg up and one down. We ask if his cat died but don't think he gets it.

Mohamed Maouche

• Mighty Moosh. Hardly played last season and joked that he was hired as a translator for one year (for all the other French-speakers) and a player for the next.

Chris O'Grady

• Most elegantly-spoken footballer ever. Lovely man. Dropped to the bench recently and his response was, 'However disappointed I am, this move makes total sense.' Great bloke.

Sam Surridge (substitute)

• Remember that song for Red Nose Day — All About You. He'll never make a NASA scientist, but he is an unbelievable finisher.

Pete Wild (caretaker manager)

• Raised above pubs across Oldham (his dad was a landlord). For his stag do, hosted a half-pint challenge in all the locals in his district. Meant to be in London with his pals and they had told him he would have to pay for his ticket if we lost. That won't happen now.

Source - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6563259/Meet-Barnet-Oldham-FA-Cup-heroes.html

Edited by Ackey
Formatted it a little easier to read

21 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I'd love to know what his brief was when he penned that..... 

Same as every journo's brief. Write something that the target audience wants to read. The more we can keep doing positive things the less interested papers will be in hunting down bad news 

21 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Missile stunning performance 

Clarkey warrior

Mighty Maouche classy

The rest superb

The Fans unbelievable 

I'm loathe to say anything negative about yesterday's game but I thought Maouche was crap.  Missilou played a massive part in getting us to HT at 0-0 and was MotM for me.  Iversen, Clarke and Lang put in great performances too.

47 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

I'm loathe to say anything negative about yesterday's game but I thought Maouche was crap.  Missilou played a massive part in getting us to HT at 0-0 and was MotM for me.  Iversen, Clarke and Lang put in great performances too.

It’s a funny one, I reckon if you had stopped the game after 30 mins or so and asked the Fulham fans to pick one Oldham player to switch sides I reckon they would have said Maouche 

The game is played a little differently the higher up you go and Maouche is one of the few players we have who could cope with the technical element at a higher level.....of course you need more than that as Fulham demonstrated, lots of pretty sidewise passing and possession but no end product 

1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

It’s a funny one, I reckon if you had stopped the game after 30 mins or so and asked the Fulham fans to pick one Oldham player to switch sides I reckon they would have said Maouche 

The game is played a little differently the higher up you go and Maouche is one of the few players we have who could cope with the technical element at a higher level.....of course you need more than that as Fulham demonstrated, lots of pretty sidewise passing and possession but no end product 

A couple of Fulham fans tweeted that they thought Maouche was our best player, followed by Missile and Nepo. 

Which I don’t agree with by the way. 

Edited by kowenicki

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

A couple of Fulham fans tweeted that they thought Maouche was our best player, followed by Missile and Nepo. 

Which I don’t agree with by the way. 

Exactly my point! They’re used to that type of player 

I reckon you need a bit of everything and we had that yesterday 

30 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Not going to get into a slagging match after yesterdays performance but he does seem to fade in the last 20 mins or so of the game. Done it with Exeter, Crewe, Port Vale and again yesterday. How anybody could pick him over Missilou yesterday escapes me.

That might be due to warming the bench (infrequently at that) for 12 months. 

Maouche has something about him, I can't quite put my finger on, but I can see both why he didn't play much last season, but wouldn't look out of place in the Championship.