Forest Green (h)

37 minutes ago, another fan said:

Many of us have had a quiet word with him and at times is a genuinely pleasant  young person His enthusiasm is admirable 

Then for some reason he lets himself and the Club down

A major concern should be that his actions at times may tarnish the Club's reputation

We did need the younger generation to help take the Club forward but it should be done with respect for himself and others

Sincere apologies as  I get off my soapbox

Add alcohol to his system and that is what changes him from the pleasant young man to the one that lets himself down! 

What exactly has the lad done? On the basis of that letter, he has been fined £50 for wiping wet paint on a wall. It is bizarre.

if we're going to damn the lad for giving aggro to opposition supporters, then are we going to be brave when the older lot do it or cower off? Are we going to have quiet words with them? We have some right pillocks and they're all ages; the mob who organise around the tunnel come the final whistle embarrass themselves on a weekly basis. I've been in pubs all over the place with the idiot element and often heard and witnessed some really stupid behaviour. A lot of these lads have 20+ year marriages and kids. 

Personally, I think the whole ultra stuff is bollocks and I'd praise him - and a lot of these lads deserve some recognition for their loyalty to the club and in assisting in our away support getting the nod it often does - if he come up with some original stuff, but he's a young'un who will hopefully mature and a few on the forum are getting a little but chewy over nowt.

From the FGR forum

“Oldham's officials and Directors were a reaffirming contrast to what the Club has experienced from Bolton's Chair. A real pleasure to meet and talk to including their guest 'legend' Roger Palmer

In particular, Oldham's Chair gave a warm welcoming speech to all from FGR then turned to Dale. He congratulated Dale on the innovation introduced at FGR and went on to mention the photovoltaic panels and the Mowbot. Afterwards he sought Dale's advice on eco measures. Respect and good old fashioned virtues that did the home club great credit

Sadly some of our number let us down. Despite being a Northern outcast from Bury, Pitchfork turned up in Chinos and summer wear along with a couple of others. Our hosts provided blankets. Well really!

I have lost count of the number of time opposition supporters have warmly congratulated us on the quality of football FGR plays. Oldham was no exception.”

12 minutes ago, UpTheLatics said:

What exactly has the lad done? On the basis of that letter, he has been fined £50 for wiping wet paint on a wall. It is bizarre.

if we're going to damn the lad for giving aggro to opposition supporters, then are we going to be brave when the older lot do it or cower off? Are we going to have quiet words with them? We have some right pillocks and they're all ages; the mob who organise around the tunnel come the final whistle embarrass themselves on a weekly basis. I've been in pubs all over the place with the idiot element and often heard and witnessed some really stupid behaviour. A lot of these lads have 20+ year marriages and kids. 

Personally, I think the whole ultra stuff is bollocks and I'd praise him - and a lot of these lads deserve some recognition for their loyalty to the club and in assisting in our away support getting the nod it often does - if he come up with some original stuff, but he's a young'un who will hopefully mature and a few on the forum are getting a little but chewy over nowt.

What's bizarre is someone wiping wet paint off their shoes onto a wall. There are plenty of people who are moaning about the lack of funds in the club and then this idiot wastes valuable resources by sheer stupidity.

Regarding his behaviour, he is the one who opposition want to target not the ones by the tunnel who, I agree with you should be ashamed of themselves.

I don't understand why you want to praise him. 

9 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

What's bizarre is someone wiping wet paint off their shoes onto a wall. There are plenty of people who are moaning about the lack of funds in the club and then this idiot wastes valuable resources by sheer stupidity.

Regarding his behaviour, he is the one who opposition want to target not the ones by the tunnel who, I agree with you should be ashamed of themselves.

I don't understand why you want to praise him. 

I'm not disputing it, but what I'm driving at is the strangeness of the situation. There aren't many scenarios I can think of whereby somebody gets paint on to their trainers. the two I can think of (at a football ground) are:

a) a banner his crew has created or

b) paint from some work done at Boundary Park

Either way, it's a silly situation to have developed. If he's in the wrong, he should be a man, admit it and pay his penalty.  I'm not praising him as such. I'm saying he and his lot have done a good job energising our excellent away support. His problem is that he makes himself recognisable because of his odd fondness for taking off his top therefore he's painted a target on his back, and, yes, I'd prefer it if he just acted normally. That said, he's trying summit different and he's a kid and he should be allowed to do that.

Our away support was fantastic before that group of his. 

Our away support is fantastic now.

Our away support will be fantastic long after them lot have stopped going. 

Sorry, not buying it, that the group with a drum add anything that wouldn’t have been there anyway, certainly at away games where our support has always tended to be brilliant.

6 hours ago, MAC0AFC said:

Sorry, not buying it, that the group with a drum add anything that wouldn’t have been there anyway, certainly at away games where our support has always tended to be brilliant.

I don't think that group and George get on. 

7 hours ago, MAC0AFC said:

I remember a time that our away support has been shit both in numbers and vocally and that was on a regular basis and I applaud anyone who travels the length and breadth particularly this younger generation who've had very little to cheer, always gets me how some of our fans get all precious about how someone else is behaving or are perceived as an attention seeker, live and let live is my motto. 

If a camera followed me round on some of my away trips as a teenager I've no doubt I looked like a bit of a balloon at times but it's part of life and there's not one person on here playing judge and jury who've not done anything they regret, young lads full of alcohol acting like dicks shocker.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

There was a new Topoff there on Saturday. Must have been a bit cold though cos he quickly became Topon.

Hang on...if we don't put a stop to this straightaway, it's a slippery slope to anarchy, sedition, mob rule....who knows where it will end!!!

There is only one Topoff/Topon, anyone else is in imposter.....besides, I need clarity when I give out my abuse.