Forest Green (h)

having 2 defensive mids last two games has give them the option to play nepo at left back as we have cover if he bombs forward. he put the cross in for langs goal didnt he from touchline in 88th min?? i thinks he's done well there and works well with branger so would look to replace lydon in mid and keep him there. Dont think FGR get the credit as they are a tiny club but will be difficult game, no need to change shape for me just stay 4-5-1 even though we are at home and push full backs on more. 

32 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

having 2 defensive mids last two games has give them the option to play nepo at left back as we have cover if he bombs forward. he put the cross in for langs goal didnt he from touchline in 88th min?? i thinks he's done well there and works well with branger so would look to replace lydon in mid and keep him there. Dont think FGR get the credit as they are a tiny club but will be difficult game, no need to change shape for me just stay 4-5-1 even though we are at home and push full backs on more. 

Fair comment about Nepo at left back, he might not be the best defensive player (not the worst either) but he can certainly offer an attacking threat from there in the 4-2-3-1 formation.  I'd only play him on one of the flanks (and Branger on the other) because of our lack of other options there and other options at left back (albeit Taylor who's been in pretty poor form).  I'm guessing that Sylla isn't ready to come into the team yet?  If he is then he could be our 2nd holding midfielder and we could keep the 4-2-3-1 formation, otherwise I'd revert to 4-4-2.

FGR are small in terms of fanbase but I'd be surprised if they haven't got one of the biggest budgets in the league.  They weren't amazing against us last time (a good team would've taken us apart that day) but they've got a good squad at this level and with Doidge returning they've got an extra threat back.  Will be a very good win if we get it.

Anyone think the Bolton-Doidge debacle might unsettle the players?

Mark Cooper is a good manager and his Swindon side was one of the best League One sides I've seen at Boundary Park (Feb 2015 - we won 2-1 but they dominated from start to finish).

EDIT: Funny how things develop: We were 5th following that win; ominously, Chesterfield were 7th. 

Edited by UpTheLatics

14 minutes ago, UpTheLatics said:

Mark Cooper is a good manager and his Swindon side was one of the best League One sides I've seen at Boundary Park (Feb 2015 - we won 2-1 but they dominated from start to finish).

EDIT: Funny how things develop: We were 5th following that win; ominously, Chesterfield were 7th. 

Can't see why it would unsettle FGR players they have effevtively a new signing and a good one at that it should give the players a lift.

9 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Nixon saying that Doidge going to Yeovil so he may not be playing against us on Saturday. 

BOLTON. Here’s the real sad stuff. Doidge been back up today to get his gear and head back for YEOVIL. Shabby.

He meant back to Forest Green.

Just had a look at the FGR website; there’s the expected match/transfer/Doidge back from Bolton articles but the one that caught my eye was the the recipe for ‘Sweet and Sour Quorn Stir Fry’ 😮

I hope to see our official site post the recipe for a local Oldham delicacy in time for saturday’s game...

32 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Just had a look at the FGR website; there’s the expected match/transfer/Doidge back from Bolton articles but the one that caught my eye was the the recipe for ‘Sweet and Sour Quorn Stir Fry’ 😮

I hope to see our official site post the recipe for a local Oldham delicacy in time for saturday’s game...

Aldi frozen pizza

31 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Vieux jambon

Once again I translate ....vieux (old).....jambon  (ham) there you have it oldham.   p.s where did you learn your frenchBP?

Edited by pk200

22 hours ago, UpTheLatics said:

That's not quite true is it? We scored early, then scored right from kick off and also hit the post and had a Forte header disallowed all within the first 20 minutes. Game could have been out of sight!

They did however take full control after that. They had some fantastic players. Yaser Kasim and Massimo Luongo in the heart of midfield were excellent! Toffolo at left back was solid as well! Seemed to have a disagreement with the ball boy if I remember correctly

6 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Duck a muffin 

3 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

That's not quite true is it? We scored early, then scored right from kick off and also hit the post and had a Forte header disallowed all within the first 20 minutes. Game could have been out of sight!

They did however take full control after that. They had some fantastic players. Yaser Kasim and Massimo Luongo in the heart of midfield were excellent! Toffolo at left back was solid as well! Seemed to have a disagreement with the ball boy if I remember correctly

No doubting we made an electric start.

• Like 1

Just on a side note there is a bucket collection outside the ground  tomorrow for a group of local scouts who have all been selected to take part in the world scout jamboree in West Virginia in July each scout has to raise £4000   So please  let’s support them 

Think we may see our new man Monsieur Sylla tomorrow!

Not too many options available to us at the moment so most of the team picks itself which isn't a bad thing sometimes.

If he plays like he says he does, then he should hopefully make us more solid in the middle against a very solid FGR who have the best away record in the division

Pts
1 Forest Green 13 7 4 2 27 16 +11 25
2 Lincoln 12 7 2 3 20 10 +10 23
3 Carlisle Utd 13 7 2 4 21 15 +6 23
4 Mansfield 13 4 8 1 19 13 +6 20
5 Exeter 13 5 5 3 16 13 +3 20
6 Swindon Town 14 5 4 5 15 16 -1 19
7 Oldham 13 4 6 3 16 14 +2 18
8 Milton Keynes 12 4 5 3 18 14 +4 17
9 Bury 14 4 4 6 18 19 -1 16

Iversen

Hamer  Clarke  Edmundson  Nepo

Lang   Missilou   Sylla   Branger

Maouche

O’Grady

Hope he starts as it will a be a good indication if he's good enough.

3 minutes ago, Handsy said:

Just on a side note there is a bucket collection outside the ground  tomorrow for a group of local scouts who have all been selected to take part in the world scout jamboree in West Virginia in July each scout has to raise £4000   So please  let’s support them 

Someone's making a butty out of that, £4000 each :sign0068: