Forest Green (h)

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It's a mess and needs sorting out, it really is as simple as that, same as last January fucking about and losing all momentum picking up about a point up in the League, now I understand why the eternal optimists amongst our fan base are happy for a repeat performance but I'm not and he needs to sort it out sharpish. Manager/coaching staff and players all need putting in place as the situation currently is bordering on farcical. 

Agree almost all that. But being happy with that result it is important to be be in context. You can be happy with a result in it's own right, but far from happy with the situation as a whole. Being pleased for a manager does not automatically make you happy with everything. The world is not black or white. Right or wrong, Rich or poor. Good or evil. Brilliant or shit.

It was never going to be easy today (yes, ok, I predicted a 2-1 win; more in hope than expectation). Losing Surridge and Lyden [plus O'Grady at half time] was always going to kick us up the arse. PW had no choice but to work with what he had, and what he had was down to the bare bones with only 6 subs and two of them were yoofs.

Any manager would struggle with a scenario like that. What did you expect him to do (not aimed at anyone in particular) in those circumstances? Throw caution to the wind and go all gung-ho? Make no mistake, whether you like it or not, FGR have some decent players and can afford to pay for better than we have at the moment.

Just because the only signing we've made is Sylla doesn't mean we're not bothering, or fucking about as some would have it. How do we know how many players/agents/managers we've spoken to with a view to get new blood in? We don't. There's no denying we need bodies in sooner rather than later and, if there's no movement in that direction over the next week, I'll be worried too.

In the meantime, just be grateful we didn't lose today. FGR have turned over some decent teams in this division. They've won at Exeter, they've beaten Tranmere, won at Carlisle, won at Newport. They're no mugs.

Let's see what happens over the next 7 to 10 days, eh? Then we'll start getting all narky.

45 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Wild isn’t ready that’s for sure. Lucky to come away with something today. Manager and players needed quick if want to get into the play-offs.

That's a little unfair. Forest Green outplayed us for the first half hour and Wild altered it at half-time and we improved considerably. It is also the first time this season Rovers have not scored away from home in the league. They're a good side and I'm happy with a point.

That said, we desperately missed Surridge today. We need to bring in a striker as we seldom had anybody in the box today and we unable to get in behind their defence.

Bloody freezing today.

The performance was absolutely dreadful but some people are just seemingly let this slide.

There was absolutely no structure or plan apart from holding on for dear life. They breached us many times and for the life of me I have no idea how they didn’t end up scoring.

We got a point, but we didn’t deserve it. We showed them far too much respect because when we actually shifted up a gear they weren’t as good as the staff had first feared.

Still think many on here have beer goggles from Fulham.

2 minutes ago, UpTheLatics said:

That's a little unfair. Forest Green outplayed us for the first half hour and Wild altered it at half-time and we improved considerably. It is also the first time this season Rovers have not scored away from home in the league. They're a good side and I'm happy with a point.

That said, we desperately missed Surridge today. We need to bring in a striker as we seldom had anybody in the box today and we unable to get in behind their defence.

Bloody freezing today.

We let them out play us. There was no plan apart from sitting back. 

If people are happy with medicoraity so be it. No wonder Corney got a free pass for so long until it eventually transpired he was a crook.

23 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It's a mess and needs sorting out, it really is as simple as that, same as last January fucking about and losing all momentum picking up about a point up in the League, now I understand why the eternal optimists amongst our fan base are happy for a repeat performance but I'm not and he needs to sort it out sharpish. Manager/coaching staff and players all need putting in place as the situation currently is bordering on farcical. 

Certain members of this board would be delighted with a 16th placed finish with today’s reactions in mind. Staggering. 

1 minute ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

We let them out play us. There was no plan apart from sitting back. 

If people are happy with medicoraity so be it. No wonder Corney got a free pass for so long until it eventually transpired he was a crook.

They're a good side mate; sometimes that has to be admitted. The performance was far from perfect and without doubt we needed to get stuck in from the first minute. We got better and could have nicked it but Rovers can pass and there is a clear focus on fitness (intense closing down) demonstrated by the unusual half-time fitness session their subs went through. There wasn't a ball in sight until the last few minutes.

On the Corney front, I plead not guilty. I was against him for years before he left and this clown we have I've retained doubts about since he first appeared on the scene. You need to split the fiasco that is the management of the club and the playing field. If we beat Macclesfield, it'll be 10 points from a possible 12. That is play-off form.

8 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

The performance was absolutely dreadful but some people are just seemingly let this slide.

There was absolutely no structure or plan apart from holding on for dear life. They breached us many times and for the life of me I have no idea how they didn’t end up scoring.

We got a point, but we didn’t deserve it. We showed them far too much respect because when we actually shifted up a gear they weren’t as good as the staff had first feared.

Your second paragraph is slightly contradicted by your third. 

Are you confused? 

We changed it in the second half as O'Grady was clearly out of sorts or injured.  

The ball kept coming back.  Maouche seriously  lost it with O'Grady twice because O’Grady kept just bouncing forward balls back even further behind where the ball had originally come from. O’Grady was killing any creativity and at the same time constantly putting us under pressure. PW saw this and changed it. He did exactly what I and most others there would have done. 

Second half we we were the better side which after the first was some achievement.

Baxter missed a sitter.  

We could easily have won and we didn’t lose.  

You are a drama queen. 

Try calmly analysing what is in front of you for a change rather than just overreacting hysterically like a small child. 

Edited by kowenicki

8 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

It was never going to be easy today (yes, ok, I predicted a 2-1 win; more in hope than expectation). Losing Surridge and Lyden [plus O'Grady at half time] was always going to kick us up the arse. PW had no choice but to work with what he had, and what he had was down to the bare bones with only 6 subs and two of them were yoofs.

Any manager would struggle with a scenario like that. What did you expect him to do (not aimed at anyone in particular) in those circumstances? Throw caution to the wind and go all gung-ho? Make no mistake, whether you like it or not, FGR have some decent players and can afford to pay for better than we have at the moment.

Just because the only signing we've made is Sylla doesn't mean we're not bothering, or fucking about as some would have it. How do we know how many players/agents/managers we've spoken to with a view to get new blood in? We don't. There's no denying we need bodies in sooner rather than later and, if there's no movement in that direction over the next week, I'll be worried too.

In the meantime, just be grateful we didn't lose today. FGR have turned over some decent teams in this division. They've won at Exeter, they've beaten Tranmere, won at Carlisle, won at Newport. They're no mugs.

Let's see what happens over the next 7 to 10 days, eh? Then we'll start getting all narky.

Yes did well to come away with a draw against FG.I am sure that a lot of work is going on behind the scenes and things should look a lot brighter at the end of Jan for our promotion push. 

KIG is pretty close to the mark. We require players sharpish, today we were lucky how they didn't score 1st half I don't know. They pressed better than us, passed better than us, and had a better game plan than us. I can attribute some of that to the cup hangover, but unless we get a couple of strikers in and a centre half we ain't going to finish higher than 12th.

We also need a manager, PW is a rookie there is no one really to help him apart from Clarke, AL needs to sort it and quick. 

As an aside I thought Sylla did well considering that was his 1st taste of English football. 

16 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

You talk utter shite.

It was quite a similar game to the game at their place. They dominated the first half with some lovely crisp possession, attacking down our right, as Hamer was getting turned inside out by Mills. 

Second half we made what is on paper a very defensive substitution, full-back on for a striker, but it was the right sub. Hunt and Nepomuceno did well down their flank and Branger helped Hamer a bit more defensively than Lang did. Lang put himself about all game, again, there was some nice interplay between Missilou, Maouche and Sylla at times. We could have snatched a winner at the end, but if we had done it'd have been a travesty based on the first half alone. 

Sylla did more in possession in that 90 minutes than Fane has done in 2 years, despite them being very similar players. 

Think Prozac posted something on Twitter that our record after cup shocks (win) was P3 D1 L2. It's now P4 D2 L2. 

That Forest Green side, despite being Non-league for ages are well backed. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a bigger wage bill than us, especially when you factor in the Doidge fiasco. 

If you'd have said at the start of the season that I'd be happy with 2 draws against Forest Green I'd have laughed my head off. They were the better side today and justifying of their place in the table. 

21 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Your second paragraph is slightly contradicted by your third. 

Are you confused? 

We changed it in the second half as O'Grady was clearly out of sorts or injured.  

The ball kept coming back.  Maouche seriously  lost it with O'Grady twice because O’Grady kept just bouncing forward balls back even further behind where the ball had originally come from. O’Grady was killing any creativity and at the same time constantly putting us under pressure. PW saw this and changed it. He did exactly what I and most others there would have done. 

Second half we we were the better side which after the first was some achievement.

Baxter missed a sitter.  

We could easily have won and we didn’t lose.  

You are a drama queen. 

Try calmly analysing what is in front of you for a change rather than just overreacting hysterically like a small child. 

I’m comparing and contrasting the second half. If you can’t grasp that then you really are a Grade A nobsworth. 

First half we played too deep.looked like we were under instructions not to press until half way line but that afforded too much space in centre midfield and they were able to pass around us.

After 20 minutes we changed it so at last started to press them in final 3rd which meant their keeper had to play long which we then at last won the ball.

They were not as comfortable in the driving rain and wind!

Second half switch to put Nepo further forward and a mobile Lang we pressed from first minute . More chances in second half especially Baxter sitter he skied onto Chaddy roof. 

Defo need additional strikers .

Cylla grew into game and put him self around the pitch.

Onward and upward with more bodies to come in and a permanent appointment as manager and coach.

1 minute ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I’m comparing and contrasting the second half. If you can’t grasp that then you really are a Grade A nobsworth. 

Are you? It isn’t clear you are contrasting the 1st and 2nd.  Not at all.  All you say is we “stepped it up”.  What we actually did was change tactics and personnel in the second half. 

Watch your mouth you utter child. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Are you? It isn’t clear you are contrasting the 1st and 2nd.  Not at all.  All you say is we “stepped it up”.  What we actually did was change tactics and personnel in the second half. 

Watch your mouth you utter child. 

Why do you feel the need to refer to anyone with a different view from yourself as a child, that's a bit weird in itself.