Forest Green (h)

Just can't for the life of me understand how some think we should have won !

We were very very fortunate to get a point from that game, only one mom candidate and that is Iversen. 

FGR are not all that,yet we stood off them for 45 minutes allowing them chance after chance.

Better in the second half but we could easily have lost by 3 or 4 goals.

i would have taken a draw before the match, by half time I thought they were really unlucky as we should have been 3 nil down. Don't think we got in their half much in the first half

It was certainly a game of two good goalkeepers, Iverson man of the match for me.

There bloody left winger with the girlie man bun in his hair whipped some bloody accurate crosses in for them that just needed a whisker of a touch to go in...phew they didn't

Its a point..

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Anyhow... aside from all the hysterical overreactions above...

Syllla did ok I thought. 

Our Cilla (as in black)...his new name on our row.

Reminded me very much like Fane

Really confusing when they said he was to be subbed then he wasn't...did think maybe the subboard didn't go upto shirt number 42...haha

2 minutes ago, underdog said:

i would have taken a draw before the match, by half time I thought they were really unlucky as we should have been 3 nil down. Don't think we got in their half much in the first half

It was certainly a game of two good goalkeepers, Iverson man of the match for me.

There bloody left winger with the girlie man bun in his hair whipped some bloody accurate crosses in for them that just needed a whisker of a touch to go in...phew they didn't

Its a point..

That bloody left winger was Joseph Mills

I think how we set up against a league 2 team at home should be different to how we set up for away from home to a PL team. We started too deep if you are going to play 4-2-3-1 then you need to make sure the 1 upfront doesn't become isolated and we did that with O'Grady in the 1st half  and it invited pressure. 

We got further up the pitch 2nd half but we didn't force too many saves from the keeper and didnt really create alot.

Goes without saying we need atleast 1 new striker plus a few others. I also think we need to make an imminent decision regarding the manager too.

Wasn't good today at all but wasn't a disaster either.

Onwards

1 minute ago, laticsmarra said:

That bloody left winger was Joseph Mills

thought that bugger was in Australia?....oh I thought I'd recognised that in swing.... thank chuff they couldn't get a toe on any of them....now our Roger Palmer would have done

1 minute ago, underdog said:

Really confusing when they said he was to be subbed then he wasn't...did think maybe the subboard didn't go upto shirt number 42...haha

The sub board said 42, and it did when the 4th official flashed it up, as they are prone to do before the substitution. 

I think Wild changed his mind (or the 4th official misread 22 as 42).

1 minute ago, underdog said:

thought that bugger was in Australia?....oh I thought I'd recognised that in swing.... thank chuff they couldn't get a toe on any of them....now our Roger Palmer would have done

Yeh he Was out there for a couple of years. Came back in 2018 and signed for FGR. 

3 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

The sub board said 42, and it did when the 4th official flashed it up, as they are prone to do before the substitution. 

I think Wild changed his mind (or the 4th official misread 22 as 42).

Clarke was waving his hands like a madman  and over ruled the substitution  from what I saw  just wondering who is in charge of team affairs  after seeing that

23 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Enlighten me. Did we watch a different game?

I'm happy to have a reasonable discussion with anyone. However you have your own negative agenda  which you attempt to justify by selecting and twisting some facts whilst conveniently ignoring others. I don't see any point, indeed you're not worthy of, entering into a discussion with.

4 minutes ago, Handsy said:

Clarke was waving his hands like a madman  and over ruled the substitution  from what I saw  just wondering who is in charge of team affairs  after seeing that

I assumed he knew something on the pitch that the bench didn't. Maybe Branger had an injury.

25 minutes ago, underdog said:

The funny thing about that was that as he was walking off the pitch it was clarke who signalled to the bench telling them not to do it. Now I don't know what that says about who is making the subs but it appeared he didn't go off on Clarke's instructions.

Edit: I see Handsy has beaten me to making that point.

Im guessing our Sylla is a fan of YaYa Toure. bearing in mind he wears his number and tries to play like him.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Well that was a shit game, how we wasnt at least two down at half time is beyond me..Winchester played with the freedom of the park, always had 10 yards of space..

The weather ensured the second half was just as shocking to watch..

We are down to our bare bones and desperately need another 3/4 players in especially as this is the time of year when injuries and suspensions start racking up..

On a different note, i hope the two blokes who took a tumble on the mudslide coming out of the North Stand at the chaddy side are ok..So dangerous and i cant believe this has never been addressed by anybody at the club before..

16 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

I'm happy to have a reasonable discussion with anyone. However you have your own negative agenda  which you attempt to justify by selecting and twisting some facts whilst conveniently ignoring others. I don't see any point, indeed you're not worthy of, entering into a discussion with.

I'm with you on the negative agenda (at times) but today all his points were perfectly valid, it seems that certain posters have an agenda with Kusunga and fail to read what he has posted. The resulting posts the spiral into bickering and childish remarks.

Debate not berate. 

5 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I'm with you on the negative agenda (at times) but today all his points were perfectly valid, it seems that certain posters have an agenda with Kusunga and fail to read what he has posted. The resulting posts the spiral into bickering and childish remarks.

Debate not berate. 

It's hard to debate with someone who contradicts themselves within their own posts.

24 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Well that was a shit game, how we wasnt at least two down at half time is beyond me..Winchester played with the freedom of the park, always had 10 yards of space..

The weather ensured the second half was just as shocking to watch..

We are down to our bare bones and desperately need another 3/4 players in especially as this is the time of year when injuries and suspensions start racking up..

On a different note, i hope the two blokes who took a tumble on the mudslide coming out of the North Stand at the chaddy side are ok..So dangerous and i cant believe this has never been addressed by anybody at the club before..

I think there might have been a third because I was coming out and a bloke of about 60 was being helped back into the ground and looked in serious discomfort - overheard the coppers saying he'd hit his head, although it looked like he'd knackered his back. I didn't see the fall so could have been one of the two you're talking about.

It needs raising. I might call on Monday and ask why basic steps haven't been fitted. 

• Like 1