Forest Green (h)

Today too many players weren't at the races, Nepo didn't beat a man all game, Missilou was a shadow of the player at Fulham, Branger looked lost, only players for me to come out with any credit were Hunt, Edmundson, and Iversen. 

Big chance to get back on it next week, large vocal away following and Topoff back amongst us. 

6 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Today too many players weren't at the races, Nepo didn't beat a man all game, Missilou was a shadow of the player at Fulham, Branger looked lost, only players for me to come out with any credit were Hunt, Edmundson, and Iversen. 

Big chance to get back on it next week, large vocal away following and Topoff back amongst us. 

What's the George thing? I saw him there today.

5 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Topoff is now Topon 

1 hour ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Well that was a shit game, how we wasnt at least two down at half time is beyond me..Winchester played with the freedom of the park, always had 10 yards of space..

The weather ensured the second half was just as shocking to watch..

We are down to our bare bones and desperately need another 3/4 players in especially as this is the time of year when injuries and suspensions start racking up..

On a different note, i hope the two blokes who took a tumble on the mudslide coming out of the North Stand at the chaddy side are ok..So dangerous and i cant believe this has never been addressed by anybody at the club before..

its the same on the opposite side when you come out of the Frizzell stand onto the car park. I have to watch my footing most wet match days..Hope they are okay

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

The sub board said 42, and it did when the 4th official flashed it up, as they are prone to do before the substitution. 

I think Wild changed his mind (or the 4th official misread 22 as 42).

2 hours ago, Handsy said:

Clarke was waving his hands like a madman  and over ruled the substitution  from what I saw  just wondering who is in charge of team affairs  after seeing that

2 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

I assumed he knew something on the pitch that the bench didn't. Maybe Branger had an injury.

I wasn't there, so I didn't see any of this. But is it possible that it was always going to be Branger substituted, but 42 went up instead, which Clarkey spotted and drew attention to it before the wrong substitution was made? Just a thought.

3 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I wasn't there, so I didn't see any of this. But is it possible that it was always going to be Branger substituted, but 42 went up instead, which Clarkey spotted and drew attention to it before the wrong substitution was made? Just a thought.

It was exactly that. Clarke came to the bench before the change and he chatted to the manager ref the substitution. (I sit in main stand lower so close to them)  Simple as mistaking number 42 for 22. 

Although the conspiracy theories are more interesting....😉😆

1 minute ago, Bristolatic said:

Nah, I had the perfect view of it all and it was definitely Clarke making a call to change the sub. Pete Wild has spoken on his open approach to how things operate and how important Clarke is to that. Clarke clearly doesn't want the job but I suspect he's more than happy to dip his toes in the water by being something much more than a senior pro.

They are all just thoughts  Bristol  it never entered my head that someone else might of been. Injured. But it was only the 2ndsub   Also  how would clarke know   That they put the wrong number up he was on the pitch  so he wouldn’t  be party  to the decision  made on the touch line I still think  it looked like he pulled rank  and changed  the decision  for the benefit of the team  because  we needed Sylla  more than Branger engine  at that stage 

3 minutes ago, super_blue said:

It was exactly that. Clarke came to the bench before the change and he chatted to the manager ref the substitution. (I sit in main stand lower so close to them)  Simple as mistaking number 42 for 22. 

Clarke was on the other side of the pitch when the board went up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, super_blue said:

I stand corrected in that case  as you were mr wild carry on 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Twisbrogan said:

Clarke was on the other side of the pitch when the board went up.

Yeh he was at the time but a few mins prior they had a chat ref the change over by the bench as they have done in previous matches. No dought the manager values his input though but is was a case of wrong number from what I saw/heard. 

Edited by super_blue

First half was shocking. Could and should have been 3 down minimum. Edmundson headed one onto bar and over, great defending, their lad hit one down Iverson's throat when it was easier to score and how that shot hit both posts and didn't go in I'll never know.

I didn't like the way we sat back and I don't like playing 2 CDMs at home. On the other hand our choices for starting 11 are very minimal so feel for PW in that respect.

2nd half much brighter and he admitted in his interview we sat off them and gave them too much respect in 1st half.

We didn't deserve a point, I wouldn't have been happy with a point before the game but after watching it I'll snatch your hand off for a draw. 

Need a few strikers please. 

Firstly it’s  pointless talking about where we used to be in the football pyramid and where FGR used to be, it’s about the here and now and simply put FGR are above us in the table and backed by a rich businessman and we are not!

When you consider how FGR were able to bring on Doidge, who has been playing championship football and McCoulsky who they bought yet we only had 6 subs, two of whom were Youth players it tells you what PW had at his disposal compared to Mark Cooper.

Off the back of two good wins in the league and the brilliant FA Cup win, games where the players put a right old shift in added to their position and run in the league and our lack of players I’d say PW actually did a good job and it’s a good point!

Its clear for all to see we need a new striker, if not two in my opinion and a replacement for Lyden (Sylla did okay but still think we need someone in the Lyden mould, energy, legs/workrate)

Positive performances IMO from Iversen, Edmundson, Hunt when he came on but most of the French players were off it today, even Missilou who was outstanding against Fulham.

Onwards and upwards and the trip to Macclesfield and hopefully put one over their mad manager!

Yes we were disappointed not to get 3 points.

Yes we were lucky to get one point

However I left the ground today feeling that we had a team of battlers especially after thinking that we were going to buried

Hopefully new signings and I will look forward to the rest of the season

Edited by another fan

4 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Well you being a prime example haven't managed to come up with a realistic solution yet.

Solution to what? It's plain to see what's required, my fear is we will make the same mistakes as last season and spend January watching everyone around us strengthen, rookie manager, no coaching team and about a dozen (if that) fit outfield players isn't a situation I really want to get positive about especially on the back of a fortunate point at home to Forest Green but each to their own.

41 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Solution to what? It's plain to see what's required, my fear is we will make the same mistakes as last season and spend January watching everyone around us strengthen...

After last Jan, hopefully AL and his brother have been sussing out new players for weeks/months.

Was always going to be a tricky game that after what happened Sunday always difficult to come back to normality after the high the players had against Fulham. Forest Green best away side in the division decent manager and play good football, yes we got lucky they tore us apart first half but we were showing glimpses that we were still dangerous on the counter. They didn’t take there chances and at HT Pete Wild changed the system with O Grady coming off for Hunt and it worked as we were the better side second half, we created some good chances with some nice play, but the final ball was wrong option every time. Edmunson was our best player I think clubs will be definitely looking at him now. Sylla seemed to settle into the game as it progressed, early days for him yet with it being his first game in English football. Baxter had a golden chance at the end to win it but lacked the composure to finish it. All in all a decent point IF we beat Macc next week, hopefully another decent following will spur us on to win, but won’t be easy Campbell has made them tough to beat. We bought ourselves another week with this result to hopefully get a couple in a striker is priority as we lacked any threat up there yesterday, and defiantly need a CB as no cover unless they recall Stott who’s doing well at Stockport. Also hopefully some more clarity on the manager situation we need to make the right decision as there is still a good chance of sneaking a playoff place.