3 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Does anyone know if Mo was a flat cap wearer before he came to area, or has he adopted this attire since? If the latter, has he also bought a whippet and started drinking mild?

Dubai can be be a chilly 18oC at this time of year.... 😊

20 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Tenants or not, I wouldn’t invite my landlord to my wedding and I certainly wouldn’t ask him to enter my room when I was about to consummate so what the hell was he doing on the pitch is my question? 

Let's say you had very particular land/property rental needs.... such that there weren't many other properties/land similar that you could easily rent. You were about to get married and wanted stability in your first year of two of marriage, so you and your partner could focus on other things, like starting a family or your careers. The last thing you would need right now is a landlord who doesn't owe you any favours, might put your rent up or make it difficult for you to make beneficial changes to your home. One might proffer the suggestion in such an instance that your landlord had you by the short and curlies. In order to keep the peace, would you invite your landlord to your wedding to keep him/her sweet until such a time you could devise a back up Plan? Would you also recognise that you needed a Plan and get the f*ck on with it?

Edited by lookersstandandy

1 minute ago, Dick_Valentine said:

I might invite him to the night do, but sat with his dick in his hand at the end of the marital bed...no thanks! 

If he was say on the end of the bed you’d need a mirror or he wouldn’t see the action ... I’d personally let him drill the pilot hole for decent terms. 

He needs to keep AL on side..without AL and the football side of things he could suffer. AL is in a good place to negotiate a good price to buy the stand and get the lot in his own ownership. That stand could really flourish with a little investment and passion to make it work! 

Edited by super_blue

13 minutes ago, super_blue said:

He needs to keep AL on side..without AL and the football side of things he could suffer. AL is in a good place to negotiate a good price to buy the stand and get the lot in his own ownership. That stand could really flourish with a little investment and passion to make it work! 

Not really.......really, really hypothetical now as a fan

Al owns the club in name, he is a tennant at the ground. If Al decides to up sticks and build a club elsewhere, then he could, Blitz then could continue the house build over BP

Football would be played elsewhere..

Reality check now.....the mainstand is on its last legs and the chaddy end is not so far behind it.....I am really, really shooting wildly now and risking one helluva backlash but would a new home be a better option for us?...(puts tin hat on and crouches in the trenches)

16 minutes ago, underdog said:

Al owns the club in name, he is a tennant at the ground. If Al decides to up sticks and build a club elsewhere, then he could, Blitz then could continue the house build over BP

Reality check now.....the mainstand is on its last legs and the chaddy end is not so far behind it.....I am really, really shooting wildly now and risking one helluva backlash but would a new home be a better option for us?...(puts tin hat on and crouches in the trenches)

Probably, yes.  But it’s a very, very emotive issue. 

9 minutes ago, underdog said:

It might. I was staying a comparable distance away from Fulham on Saturday night. I found it 10x easier to get to the ground than I do to get to BP on public transport. 

BP has excellent road links but public transport isn't great, not helped by poor public transport in my area too. 

It might be more advantageous to move to an area better served by public transport. However recently announced public infrastructure proposals might not make that necessarily. 

It might be cheaper to build new stands than develop the ones that need work (Chaddy and Main Stand). 

*Dons tin hat*

17 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

It might. I was staying a comparable distance away from Fulham on Saturday night. I found it 10x easier to get to the ground than I do to get to BP on public transport. 

BP has excellent road links but public transport isn't great, not helped by poor public transport in my area too. 

It might be more advantageous to move to an area better served by public transport. However recently announced public infrastructure proposals might not make that necessarily. 

It might be cheaper to build new stands than develop the ones that need work (Chaddy and Main Stand). 

*Dons tin hat*

welcome to my trench..ooeerr...

Reality is the mainstand is a goner, chaddy end is in re-suss...its going to take oodles of money to put them right.  I have no idea what the current rent is for two clapped out stands, one decentish one. (Frizzel), little wembley...can it be much?

....might be better to flatten the lot cut the losses with the frizzell/Royle stand and upsticks. 

Landlord has the land to develop new housing.....owner has OAFC in name and land elsewhere

we start afresh.....yes BP is our home but are we to emotionally attached to see it in business terms that its loss making, should we let it go and move on?

Edited by underdog

16 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

So is the flip side to underdog comments that as a landlord he has some responsibility to maintaining a fit and proper structure?

OR

He can decide it is beyond repair and simply bulldoze the whole ground and develop it. We have no home?

Mr. Lemsagam owns the 3 old stands - and their upkeep. He rents only the land from Blitz. Blitz owns the new stand, the one that currently requires less upkeep & the only one that can make money on non match days, albeit he doesn’t seem that bothered about maximising it currently, by pricing out anyone with interest in renting space.

The club had a 30 year (?) lease on the land that started about 10 (?) years ago. If Mr. Blitz doesn’t want to renew it, he can kick us out and bolldoze it then, or earlier if he and Mr. Lemsagam come to an agreement for us to leave earlier.

Edited by lookersstandandy

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

Eh? How do you conclude that...?

There is a reason that the new supporters bar has opened up again and a new kitchen installed. Open things away from the OEC and fans will come and spend money there rather than in the OEC. Also the corporate catering can be taken away from that side etc. The confusion of what money goes where over the years means some fans will always go with an alternative as they will know 100% the money is going to the club not a 3rd party. The more AL takes away the more that stand is just used for sitting in and renting a space to the gym.