7 minutes ago, super_blue said:

There is a reason that the new supporters bar has opened up again and a new kitchen installed. Open things away from the OEC and fans will come and spend money there rather than in the OEC. Also the corporate catering can be taken away from that side etc. The confusion of what money goes where over the years means some fans will always go with an alternative as they will know 100% the money is going to the club not a 3rd party. The more AL takes away the more that stand is just used for sitting in and renting a space to the gym.

Yeah.... but that’s not enough to seriously hurt Mr. Blitz.... and he can just put the rent up..... and in any case, he doesn’t care, cos he’s got the land and that’s what will earn him his money come what may. Mr. Blitz has got Mr. Lemsagam (and us) over a barrel.

Edited by lookersstandandy

2 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Don't we have a community order or something on the ground? Wouldn't that be a spanner to any house building plans? (or does that only apply if we don't move out?)

I think it gives the Trust first refusal. So no deal can't be made without the say of the Trust and the Trust has a bit longer to match the price and automatically wins if there is more than one bid that matches the asking price. 

I'm sure one of the current / former senior trust members will clarify, if needed. 

Nice. So he jacks up the rent to unreasonable levels. We move out to Curzon. He then tries to sell the land to housing developers and a hotel chain (to add onto the North Stand). We get 6 months to burn down the stand, find and hurt him and his family object in strenuous terms to the council.

9 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Nice. So he jacks up the rent to unreasonable levels. We move out to Curzon. He then tries to sell the land to housing developers and a hotel chain (to add onto the North Stand). We get 6 months to burn down the stand, find and hurt him and his family object in strenuous terms to the council.

That's the worst case scenario and probably the least likely.

30 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Thanks deyres42 for posting this as I logged out for a bit

Yes there is an ACV on the stadium and pockets of land surrounding BP (little wembley). It means we have to be notified by the landlord if there are any changes with regards to the purposes of the land or if land becomes available for sale. 

It means the Trust has a 6 month period to tailor a bid together. It does not mean the bid will be accepted but it gives us time.

45 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

I think it gives the Trust first refusal. So no deal can't be made without the say of the Trust and the Trust has a bit longer to match the price and automatically wins if there is more than one bid that matches the asking price. 

I'm sure one of the current / former senior trust members will clarify, if needed. 

almost....it gives us time, 6 months from notification to tailor a bid. it does not mean the bid will be accepted but it means BP cannot be sold out  from us without us being notified first.

cheers

Fuck it, can’t be arsed with a tin hat but I’d fully support AL if he opted to move the club to a new location.  Granted a smaller stadium but with four decent stands, better facilities etc.

AL would then own the club, the stadium, the land and facilities.  Choose the right area and we could retain most or all the existing ST base but potentially entice more from a new area based on affordable pricing and a better match day experience.

I’d love to stay at BP but two of the four stands need bulldozing.  I was even thinking if it was possible to partner with a cinema complex or similar to build around BP with restaurants, pubs etc.  In return BP is rebuilt on existing site and became a leisure area with sport facilities.  A lot of clubs have done this and those leisure facilities would benefit from match day footfall plus non-match day from surrounding housing.  If that’s no possible then replicate this, in partnership with a leisure company, in another area but on a smaller scale and a brand new stadium for OAFC

BPs our home but we need to evolve

Edited by Midsblue

2 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

Can’t Blitz just speak to AL about all this over the phone rather than turning up to games home and away?

Who says they are not? or about any joint interest around and about BP? Maybe they are becoming friends or maybe its like the old addage

you keep your friends close but your enemies closer...or business partners/ventures

My take is that Lemsagam could be tapping Blitz up, attempting to rekindle his interest and gain financial help.

Was it not mentioned here some time ago that He was looking for investment,if that is the case then someone who already has a vested interest could be more willing to put money in as opposed to taking out.

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

:lol:

Unless Abdallah has tens of millions squirrelled away and he’s been blagging us all along, or he sells us to someone who has, there’s only one way this is going and that’s playing football away from Boundary Park.

Either the council present us/him with cheap land and he directs a proportion of our annual budget toward paying off a loan (assuming we could get one) for it - ultimately lengthening the time in which we would struggle to compete on the pitch and/or we & the council (taxpayer) jointly build a community stadium.

Blitz spent some money on us between 2004 & 2008 primarily, afterwhich - post credit crunch when liquidity dried up - he walked with the land as his compensation, leaving us fu(ked.

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

He is or was looking at putting a hotel on the Broadway side anyway. I'd like to think he would have a very long wait to turn a profit from completely shafting the club to build on the ground 

1 hour ago, Midsblue said:

Fuck it, can’t be arsed with a tin hat but I’d fully support AL if he opted to move the club to a new location.  Granted a smaller stadium but with four decent stands, better facilities etc.

AL would then own the club, the stadium, the land and facilities.  Choose the right area and we could retain most or all the existing ST base but potentially entice more from a new area based on affordable pricing and a better match day experience.

Is there a realistic alternative site within the Oldham borough boundaries? In the past Latics have been linked with moves to Clayton Playing Fields, Ferney Field Farm,  and Failsworth! These sites are no longer available.

Edited by LaticMark

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Or maybe he still has a link ie he owns a stand and fancied popping in on a big game. I think people are seriously over thinking this ....

He hasn't been for a decade almost, why fly over now?

Also, he went to home games in December. Nothing for 8 years then home and way in month. 

I'd expect it when AL took over, but that was a year ago. 

Could be nothing, but is odd. 

Just now, singe said:

He hasn't been for a decade almost, why fly over now?

Also, he went to home games in December. Nothing for 8 years then home and way in month. 

I'd expect it when AL took over, but that was a year ago. 

Could be nothing, but is odd. 

....he’s been to BP since he gave up his interest in the club and prior to AL taking over.

Don;t know how many houses have already been built on the land around  BP but guess the land for each is worth 55k to the sellers,ask ryder and dutton they may know!! My guess is based on a very conserative estimate.

Edited by pk200

5 minutes ago, singe said:

Do we know how often Andy? Obviously if its fairly regularly then 22 does have a point. 

Not very.... because - it appeared - his relationship with SC became strained.... I believe he turned up on a handful of occasions on non match days, presumably to see how the new stand / OEC, house building was going....!?!

6 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Not very.... because - it appeared - his relationship with SC became strained.... I believe he turned up on a handful of occasions on non match days, presumably to see how the new stand / OEC, house building was going....!?!

Cheers.