Sam Rosbottom (Media Guy) leaves

As well as Sam, Simon Wood has relinquished his role. He was pretty stridently critical in some tweets, though I  guess he has other interest too.
A new chef appointed today.

I make that17 in a month and a day, never mind the ones prior.

Very quick, as this is his last weekend, and it's only just advertised.

8 minutes ago, singe said:

As well as Sam, Simon Wood has relinquished his role. He was pretty stridently critical in some tweets, though I  guess he has other interest too.
A new chef appointed today.

I make that17 in a month and a day, never mind the ones prior.

Very quick, as this is his last weekend, and it's only just advertised.

Is the club chef/kitchen the same as the OEC? I thought they were different....?

54 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Shame. He's been excellent. Wish him all the best. I hope he's leaving on good terms and by his own volition.

I would think so as he has indicated that next Saturday will be his last match at BP, from the responses, he is working to the end of the month. (We only have one home game this month). 

Just now, rudemedic said:

I would think so as he has indicated that next Saturday will be his last match at BP, from the responses, he is working to the end of the month. (We only have one home game this month). 

Good. I therefore hope he’s leaving because of his career.... and not because he thinks it too batsh1t crazy to stay.

21 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

No, I’m serous. There is a kitchen in the main stand.... that’s where the players eat. The OEC has it own kitchen and Simon Wood only works/worked there on match days to feed paying customers? That was my understanding at least?

Thats my understanding. 

37 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

No, I’m serous. There is a kitchen in the main stand.... that’s where the players eat. The OEC has it own kitchen and Simon Wood only works/worked there on match days to feed paying customers? That was my understanding at least?

I do agree, but it was a closer relationshipbthat just sublet . And he's been scathing of AL, and would know more than most of us. 

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Just as an aside I do find unusual names and their origins fascinating. I don't know whether to be fascinated by Rosbottom, as I have never heard of it before, or to assume it's a traditional OWTB mis-spelling. 

I think it’s a portmanteau from when he got married. He was Roscoe. 

4 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

I think it’s a portmanteau from when he got married. He was Roscoe. 

You'd think they'd pick the first part of hers and the second part of his. 

What a world🤣

Shufflecoe? Wintercoe? Sidecoe? 

Edited by Dave_Og

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

I saw that they’ve built a new kitchen in the supporters bar too.