Sam Rosbottom (Media Guy) leaves

4 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Sam got a very good job with Betfair as the PR man. Career progression so can’t complain if they go on to bigger things.

Good Luck Sam. 

From lower league football to Betfair :applause1:

7 hours ago, Nohairdontcare said:

What if they're told they'll be sacked if they ask uncomfortable questions?

Then if you’re serious about a job in media and doing a half decent job, you get your CV out and look forward to handing in your notice as soon as possible. After all, it’s what you’ve studied for. 

Abdallah doesn’t strike me as the sort to dislike his media guy asking an underperforming manager tough questions. Might save him the job of having to go in the changing room himself 😀

Edited by boundaryblue80

17 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Nonsense. If it's deliberate then maybe but Roy (to my knowledge when listening) has never deliberately done that and you're out of order for suggesting it.

I've mixed up some of our white players before now. Guess that makes me one too 🙄

Theres no malice in it, its just a weekly occurence. For what its worth, it doesnt bother me in the slightest, old eyes dont work so well.

19 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Needed someone new in. Club really needs to step up it's branding and media presence. Two borderline propaganda interviews per week isn't enough for a professional football club. 

If you expect the clubs media staff to have challenging interviews with other club officials then you are deluded.

Not a club in the land does that. Not one. 

23 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

If you expect the clubs media staff to have challenging interviews with other club officials then you are deluded.

Not a club in the land does that. Not one. 

Didn't Roy Keane do it on MUTV?

On 1/9/2019 at 10:54 PM, boundaryblue80 said:

Then if you’re serious about a job in media and doing a half decent job, you get your CV out and look forward to handing in your notice as soon as possible. After all, it’s what you’ve studied for. 

Isn't that (seemingly) exactly what he's done?

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Wrong again 🙄

Again? 

Anyhow... he was part of the media staff asking questions was he?  Which was what the original point was.

Someone here expects a relatively low paid member of staff to ask searching and difficult questions to the manager and owner. Never going to happen. 

On 1/14/2019 at 9:46 AM, kowenicki said:

Again? 

Anyhow... he was part of the media staff asking questions was he?  Which was what the original point was.

Someone here expects a relatively low paid member of staff to ask searching and difficult questions to the manager and owner. Never going to happen. 

No. He was a player giving an interview, you massive, never wrong, genius 🙄

On 1/9/2019 at 3:50 PM, boundaryblue80 said:

Nonsense. If it's deliberate then maybe but Roy (to my knowledge when listening) has never deliberately done that and you're out of order for suggesting it.

I've mixed up some of our white players before now. Guess that makes me one too 🙄

Somebody mixed up Missilou and Lang on Saturday at Macc. I genuinely am not making that up.