Doncaster (A)

4 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

No. Sylla is worse than Fane (who isn’t very good either).....and Branger - short of an ineffective step over or two - offers no end product & no support to the LB. Nepo is loads better. I’m astounded you think he was very good. IMO he wasn’t....

If you are expecting our RW to protect our LB then you are expecting too much.

Sylla and Branger both played well today.

12 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

What the fuck is wrong with everyone??!!

we’ve all watched the replay 50 times but the ref and linesman had one view, in real time, and what they saw (Lino and the 4th official I believe) was Clarkey throwing a straight left punch at the ball (and George). Clarkey will be upset with himself tonight but there is no way I will blame him as he fought like the footballing warrior he is today and without him we’d have been 2 or 3 down long before he went all kamikaze on us at the end

its football, it’s drama. Our real problems are off the field

What the fuck is wrong with you? The penalty decision was a disgrace on two levels. Firstly he didn't fucking hand ball it. Two the referee and linesmen both changed there minds on what they "saw"  following protests from the Doncaster players. You somehow saw Clarkey "throw a straight left punch at the ball". Really?

16 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Well that’s a constructive argument

Yarddog73 had already explained it to you. I didn't really think it needed fully explaining as to why it was arse gravy. I have done anyway above but I'm still not convinced you'll understand.

You are properly sulking tonight Magic Mikey 😆 (down vote duly awaited)

IT WAS A FUCKING PENALTY AND WE ARE OUT OF THE FA CUP

Seriously mate, get over it , if a Donny player had done that we would have appealed, they saw Clarke’ arm high up towards the ball, I agree he didn’t make contact but in real time, depending on your angle, it easily looked like it could have....that’s what the other officials saw and that’s what they gave 

I played in the back four and if you put your arm up like that for no good reason then it usually doesn’t end well

33 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

What the fuck is wrong with everyone??!!

we’ve all watched the replay 50 times but the ref and linesman had one view, in real time, and what they saw (Lino and the 4th official I believe) was Clarkey throwing a straight left punch at the ball (and George). Clarkey will be upset with himself tonight but there is no way I will blame him as he fought like the footballing warrior he is today and without him we’d have been 2 or 3 down long before he went all kamikaze on us at the end

its football, it’s drama. Our real problems are off the field

Youre just simply wrong (what the fuck is wrong with you?)

The ref and the lino get one view of it and they both saw and gave a corner.

Just now, Monty Burns said:

Youre just simply wrong (what the fuck is wrong with you?)

The ref and the lino get one view of it and they both saw and gave a corner.

Have you actually watched it?

i am revising my position having just watched it again on MOTD ....Clarkey is a fuckin* idiot, he tries to punch the ball but just misses as George beats him to it with his head

honestly I am as biased as the rest of us when I want to be but that was just plain stupid by Clarkey which is a shame given how magnificent he was for the other 89 minutes

1 minute ago, Ritchierich said:

i am revising my position having just watched it again on MOTD ....Clarkey is a fuckin* idiot, he tries to punch the ball but just misses as George beats him to it with his head

honestly I am as biased as the rest of us when I want to be but that was just plain stupid by Clarkey which is a shame given how magnificent he was for the other 89 minutes

So you are now saying it wasn't a penalty and the first viewing where you clearly saw Clarkey punching the ball was wrong. You could have saved us all a lot of trouble if you'd watched the TV footage before posting. I didn't have a clue what was happening from the other side of the ground. Apart from seeing the ref and linesman both give a corner.

16 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Youve changed your argument, possibly because you were capable of digesting most of what l said, so l’ll have another go.

The ref and lino did not give a penalty.

Put your correct disappointment with how Clarke jumps to one side and just focus on the rules. The ref gave a corner and the lino did not flag for a penalty.

We have been done there.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

So you are now saying it wasn't a penalty and the first viewing where you clearly saw Clarkey punching the ball was wrong. You could have saved us all a lot of trouble if you'd watched the TV footage before posting. I didn't have a clue what was happening from the other side of the ground. Apart from seeing the ref and linesman both give a corner.

Yes and no 😃

it is a penalty because that’s what the officials concluded based on what they saw in a split second.....that is their job and in the absence of VAR they made a decision ...I was watching a dodgy live stream and my immediate reaction was well done George but what the fuck was Clarkey trying to do. I was massively relieved when the Ref gave a corner.

Of course when you watch a slow mo replay he doesn’t quite make contact but it was daft and we’re out because of it

The officials will also be disappointed in getting it wrong but I really can’t blame them. At Fulham the player blatantly dived and cheated us and I was really angry, in this case nobody cheated us, Clarke was bizarrely trying to punch the ball away and the Donny players had every right to shout for a pen

oh well, fuck it, goodnight.

11 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

The ref and the lino just confused the situation. If it was blown for or flagged for right away, then it might be easier to accept. 

Anways its done...there was no disgrace today. The lads did well against a team in a higher division that couldn't break us for a good 70mins.

4 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

As an aside the Poundshop Hooliganism on the way back to the industrial estate was cringe factor 10.

I've never thrown a punch at football in my life but almost felt a need to just to ease the embarrassment for all concerned. 

Millennials eh? 

I was on a bus where some Donny fan, who was probably a few sandwiches short of a picnic to begin with, was getting all het up about it. 

He was clearly blaming one of Donny's fans, who happened to be on the same bus, for starting it. 

Don't think either Donny fan knew just how many Oldham were on the bus. 

I think there was some bother last season and apparently our firm turned theirs over earlier in the day. 

It was probably kindergarten level compared with the Millwall - Everton bundle that's been doing the rounds. But unfortunately I couldn't see it. 

Let’s move on from the pen decision. Can’t change it now. 

Thought Clarke and Iversen played out of their absolute skins today and if it wasn’t for them we would have been about 2/3 down at half time.

I think we could have won that if the chairman hadn’t picked the team today and we still had Sam Surridge.

Branger looked alright on the ball but was too bothered about himself ultimately.

The season is now over so no rush from Abdallah now. If fast forwarding to August 2019 was an option...

Edited by Kusunga_Is_God

Just now, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Let’s move on from the pen decision. Can’t change it now. 

Thought Clarke and Iversen played out of their absolute skins today and if it wasn’t for them we would have been about 2/3 down at full time.

I think we could have won that if the chairman hadn’t picked the team today and we still had Sam Surridge.

Branger looked alright on the ball but was too bothered about himself ultimately.

The season is now over so no rush from Abdallah now. If fast forwarding to August 2019 was an option...

If the team think the season is over we might end up getting relegated, very unlikely though that is. I certainly think we can sneak playoffs as a minimum. 

54 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Yes and no 😃

it is a penalty because that’s what the officials concluded based on what they saw in a split second.....that is their job and in the absence of VAR they made a decision ...I was watching a dodgy live stream and my immediate reaction was well done George but what the fuck was Clarkey trying to do. I was massively relieved when the Ref gave a corner.

Of course when you watch a slow mo replay he doesn’t quite make contact but it was daft and we’re out because of it

The officials will also be disappointed in getting it wrong but I really can’t blame them. At Fulham the player blatantly dived and cheated us and I was really angry, in this case nobody cheated us, Clarke was bizarrely trying to punch the ball away and the Donny players had every right to shout for a pen

oh well, fuck it, goodnight.

I'm pretty much in agreement with your posts on it, but I think he tries to loop it out with his fingertips-quite a loose arm. I think if he intended to punch it, it would have gone into row Z the other way! 

Completely agree it's a moment if madness, and he's saved certain goals all over the place including Fulham. 

So just frustrating, and il be more mad if we get the manager appointment wrong.

My last word on the penalty. Lots of talk about Clarke's arm which was in the air. There was a melee of players, he was being knocked and I think Marquis pulling down on his right side makes his left arm go up. George heads the balk, shouldn't have been a penalty.

I can see why a referee could see that in real time and give a penalty, just as I don't blame Anthony Taylor for being conned by the Fulham dive in real time. What I am so angry about is that the referee didn't see it as a handball, neither did the linesman and they changed their minds on the say so of the Doncaster players. That's so much worse than any honest mistake.

Guest Stanley30
8 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Absolute bullshit. We lose we scapegoat our own players. If youre gona have a go at us then at least get it fuckin right.

🖕

Have u read any of the responses on here? How many blame the players and how many blame the ref? 

Deluded 

Sunday morning and the realisation is we're back to a league campaign that is going to fizzle out because the lads can't find anywhere near the sort of consistency to put together a good run of results. I'm not happy with Jose Baxter talking to the press about the sort of stuff that needs to be said in private, but there again he is correct in his assessment.

I thought we deserved a draw and we'll be bitter about that penalty for some time to come, but - and I hesitate to criticise because we've beaten Fulham and we pushed a very good Doncaster side to the very end - there were too many well off the boil; we were too soft in the centre and unfortunately Sylla has to be identified as crucial to Donny's ability to cut through us, nor did it help that he thought knocking the ball forward to the smallest lad on the field was sensible. 

To get the equaliser is another good memory.

Lastly - Donny had a few decent boozers, particular Tut and Shive which had some lovely drink on. I happened to witness one of the many bust-ups about the town too. It involved about 20 young crackerjacks - the sort you'd cherish meeting after watching the lads lose to a harsh last-minute penalty - from each side pathetically and limply clashing in the town centre at about two-ish only to get clattered by a fired-up local police force. Idiots.