Doncaster (A)

43 minutes ago, losesome said:

The refs refusal to explain to Wild what the pen was for sums up the situation.

IF the linesman was 100% sure it was handball why didn't he put his flag up.

IF the ref asked him he should have said, yes I saw a hand go up but cant be 100% sure it hit the ball!!!!!

So why didn't the ref ask the linesman why he hadn't flagged !!!!

Answer, I wasn't sure.

I get his frustration and it’s easy to say, but you can rant and rave at who ever you want, it doesn’t make any difference 

So an extremely poor decision by a linesman has cost us potentially £500k and got Peter Clarke sent off!!!!!

I think he's thought, well I did see a hand go up and given the Doncaster appeals he must have handled it!!!

If that's the case which I suspect it is then he should resign because he has broken the ultimate rule. IF not 100% sure then don't give it !!!!

21 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I get his frustration and it’s easy to say, but you can rant and rave at who ever you want, it doesn’t make any difference 

Dont think he was ranting & raving, he asked the ref to clarify what the pen was for , which he is perfectly entitled to do.

Whilst the ref is perfectly entitled to refuse , it says it all.

Not really sure that was a penalty

Thought the team showed good heart

Iversen/Clarke MOM

Support superb

Owner picking the team 100%

We desperately need Nepo back playing left hand side attacking, he is a real threat and has a host of assists. 

Wont have a new manager before the transfer window closes, not a chance, owner won’t do it, will let things drift, won’t want to bring in new signings that a manager might want.

Worried about Tuesday,  yes MK are not in the best of form but with Clarke suspended, lack of goals I am worried

Took my young niece and nephew today to their first away game.  We were sat in front of a family group whose vocabulary consisted of f..k and c..t.  Total scum and we had to move seats.  We then saw someone nearby throw a drinks bottle at a steward just missing him and then witnessed similar when someone threw something at one of the executive areas narrowly missing a women with young children.  On the way back to the car witnessed an Oldham fan proceed to kick off wing mirrors of several cars outside the ground before threatening opposition fans.  Total scum bag and deserves locking up.  

Today should have been a special day for young fans at their first away game.  Instead it will be remembered for all the wrong reasons.  Ashamed.

Having watched it over again I'm convinced the lino has concluded that he saw a hand go up & given the reaction of their players he's told the ref it's a pen.

The ref should have asked him why he didn't flag for it but then again some refs dont need to be asked twice to give a pen against us.

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Thought Sylla did okay,  Branger is running out of chances tbh and the fact he's playing where Nepo is ten times more effective is annoying. 

Sylla was decent today. Branger was really good... but that’s not true, branger should be right wing and nepo left wing and Lang should be central, proved that once again today. And then wide players where playing there when we had decent form at start of season.

2 minutes ago, oldhamoafc said:

Sylla was decent today. Branger was really good... but that’s not true, branger should be right wing and nepo left wing and Lang should be central, proved that once again today. And then wide players where playing there when we had decent form at start of season.

Did we have decent form at the start of this season?

22 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Baxter hasn't turned up all season hes lucky we even took him on after wasting his talent like he has done. If he carries on like he has done this season he will be released at the end of the season then where does he go?

Now if something like that was coming from Clarke, Edmondson, missilou or Lang, that's fine aslong as it's kept in the changing room. Because these lads have been performing regularly all season he's just looked unfit and out of sorts. 

Stop whinging and get your head down and start grafting Jose.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

Branger played well second half? Must have been watching a different game. Yes he had loads of possession but what chances did he create barring his own shot? Nothing. End product so poor and he is so weak. Not been one to slate him but today was shocking in my opinion. 

Edited by adamoafc

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

I thought we put in a gargantuan effort today against a clearly much better side who've been doing very well a league higher. 

Iversen Man of the Match by a country mile. 

Tactics were clearly to contain them for the first half then have a go to whatever extent we could second half and it nearly worked.

Actually it did work until the officials did their thing. 

I thought the ref gave a lot of bizarre decisions in OUR favour aswell as theirs first half.

Just largely clueless from the off - something seriously has to be done. 

Try and find a radio clip (5live or TalkSport) of John Coleman speaking after Accrington's game where he describes to a tee exactly what we seem to suffer week in, week out. 

Clarke's clearance off the line (which had more than a hint of offside) was a defending equivalent of Gordon Banks's save from Pele in 1970.

Truly unbelievable, especially from someone knocking on as much as he now is. 

He was clearly hurt and for him to soldier on, get the equaliser and then get sent off for nothing more than letting their keeper "know he was there" was all quite incredible. 

He's right up there with Gregan, Eyres & others on the list of greats who never actually won anything with us after today, if he wasn't already.   

Sylla looked much more like the player it looked like we might have signed after his first game. 

Assuming he's not that fit/sharp yet he could be very good over the coming months. 

Branger arguably had his best game for us so far (I appreciate the sample size is small :grin: ) especially in the second half when he was involved in everything. 

Baxter was much better which bodes very well. Strange comments though as I did't think anybody shirked anything. 

Nepo was quality again, even at left back - did WIld push him forward second half or did he just think "fuck this"? 

All in all it was absolutely gutting to lose in the way we did but I thought we were excellent and Wildy got it as right as he possibly could given what he had at his disposable.

2 or 3 signings this week and I still think we can go up. 

As an aside the Poundshop Hooliganism on the way back to the industrial estate was cringe factor 10.

I've never thrown a punch at football in my life but almost felt a need to just to ease the embarrassment for all concerned. 

Millennials eh? 

Agree with the summary / we did well and got fleeced at the end.

didnt see any shenanigans at the end and disappointing if do - not needed.

just sat here cuddling a glass of red feeling a total sense of injustice.

25 minutes ago, Whitts said:

Took my young niece and nephew today to their first away game.  We were sat in front of a family group whose vocabulary consisted of f..k and c..t.  Total scum and we had to move seats.  We then saw someone nearby throw a drinks bottle at a steward just missing him and then witnessed similar when someone threw something at one of the executive areas narrowly missing a women with young children.  On the way back to the car witnessed an Oldham fan proceed to kick off wing mirrors of several cars outside the ground before threatening opposition fans.  Total scum bag and deserves locking up.  

Today should have been a special day for young fans at their first away game.  Instead it will be remembered for all the wrong reasons.  Ashamed.

I saw the lad hitting some wing mirrors after the game, absolute bell end, and just no need for it, also witnessed someone throw a coin in the refs direction just after Clarke had been sent off. It’s a shame as for large parts our fans are superb away from home.

I’m not going to turn around and say its right but I must admit my language sometimes at football is a bit over the top, I just think its kind of accepted that at football you hear some choice language, especially in a game like today where there was some controversy. 

Lang was close to tears when he was applauding us at the end, looked absolutely gutted..At least they are showing they care and the fight was evident, need to put some kind of a run together in the league now to push for the play offs. Massively important games coming up, if we can get something at MK franchise, we then have Morecambe, Crawley, Yeovil and Crewe which are all very winnable..

3 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Definitive for me -  hand is in the air but Edmundson heads it away - not a penalty.

However... he definitely elbows their keeper so a yellow card is correct. Ref shows a yellow followed by a red but not sure when Clarke got the first one 🤔 

11 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I think it's obvious from the pic that the ball has gone straight up from Edmundson's head.

If Clarke had handled it, it would be going to the left.

Untitled-1.jpg

its a bloody shame but I have to say what was Clarkey doing with his arm raised that high up?....does cast a doubt....but if there is any doubt in an officials capacity then it should have been a corner like he gave....then to wait for protests and run over to a linesman who was further away and did not seem to give anythig initially...does stink a bit.

Anyways Iverson and clarke kepts us in it  and the longer it went on I thought we might have squeezed out a replay.

The lads played well and that's all we can ask...I am now going to watch it again on MOTD just for the fun of it..aagghh

Edited by underdog