Doncaster (A)

7 minutes ago, astottie said:

Yep agree

But the 4th official obviously had a better view.

Clarke's hand is not even in the air when Edmundson heads the ball. He must have lifted it as Edmundson collided with him.
It's easy for us to dissect the events with the aid of replay and pictures. Maybe not so easy in the heat of the moment.

**EDIT** It is going up in the air.

Edited by Wardie

1 minute ago, underdog said:

its a bloody shame but I have to say what was Clarkey doing with his arm raised that high up?....does cast a doubt....but if there is any doubt in an officials capacity then it should have been a corner like he gave....then to wait for protests and run over to a linesman who was further away and did not seem to give anythig initially...does stink a bit.

Anyways Iverson and clarke kepts us in it  and the longer it went on I thought we might have squeezed out a replay.

The lads played well and that's all we can ask.

Looks like the collision with Edmundson may have resulted in his arm going up.

9 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Clarke's hand is not even in the air when Edmundson heads the ball. He must have lifted it as Edmundson collided with him.
It's easy for us to dissect the events with the aid of replay and pictures. Maybe not so easy in the heat of the moment.

I think you are bang on with the heat of the moment theory.

Ref- I saw nothing. What did you see? 

Liner - nothing. 

Ref- lots of shouting going on though. Liner- yep and the fourthy is waving at me. And we're in front of the home end.

Ref- yep that's it then deffo pen.

Edited by astottie

Watching the stream I did see both Baxter and Clarke grabbing and pointing at branger and others alot during the second half.

At one point when lang won the free kick on the edge of the box Clarke looked as if he had to force Branger away as he wanted to take it and looked to be sulking a bit.

Wonder if that has anything to do with Baxters "comments".

Either way thought we were unlucky but just hoping we don't sleepwalk to the end of the season now.

11 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

If anything from that photo its Marquis giving Clarke a shove towards it, anyways whats done is done and we move on..A lot to look forward to this week , A new manager?? New players?? Do the current players get paid on time?? 

Was there an offside in all this?

I’m afraid we can moan all we like but as a defender if you lead with your arm high in the air then you can’t be too surprised when a penalty is given....with NFL style rules and reviews they may have seen that Clarkey didn’t touch it first or even at all but we have enjoyed football for over a century relying on the officials view.......today Clarkey didn’t help himself or them for both the penalty or the second yellow 

Much as it’s easier to blame the officials there is no conspiracy here, just a couple of poor decisions by Clarke who was fantastic all game but I think was trying almost too hard at the end...literally challenging George in the air to give away the penalty

Overall I thought we were excellent second half and deserved a replay against a really good Doncaster side 

MK is a must win for me otherwise I fear the season is close to being over.

• Like 1

Guest Stanley30

U know the rules. We lose and we blame the ref or Their team or their speccies. Never our fault and no accountability 

Edited by Stanley30

2 hours ago, losesome said:

Dont think he was ranting & raving, he asked the ref to clarify what the pen was for , which he is perfectly entitled to do.

Whilst the ref is perfectly entitled to refuse , it says it all.

But gets you what and where unfortunately it’s futile.

1.  Not a penalty.

2. Clarke did not elbow goalkeeper - he had his elbow out and goalkeeper jumped into it and down like he was mortally wounded only to take the following goal kick.

3.  We were robbed but are we innocent?  We are behind and make one substitution an out of form Baxter (he is getting better) replaced by an out of form/fitness Vera.  It was crying out for Branger to go.  We are behind and we put Clarke up front.  Why not replace Hamer with Benteke and let him use his pace, something they have not contended with all game, and have three wiser heads at the back.  Put Hunt on.  Wild either made bad calls or has his hand firmly held up his back.

An opportunity lost not simply by a stupid referee but mainly by an owner.  Season is now over but at least this year we should not be relegated from the football league.

9 minutes ago, Hands on said:

1.  Not a penalty.

2. Clarke did not elbow goalkeeper - he had his elbow out and goalkeeper jumped into it and down like he was mortally wounded only to take the following goal kick.

3.  We were robbed but are we innocent?  We are behind and make one substitution an out of form Baxter (he is getting better) replaced by an out of form/fitness Vera.  It was crying out for Branger to go.  We are behind and we put Clarke up front.  Why not replace Hamer with Benteke and let him use his pace, something they have not contended with all game, and have three wiser heads at the back.  Put Hunt on.  Wild either made bad calls or has his hand firmly held up his back.

An opportunity lost not simply by a stupid referee but mainly by an owner.  Season is now over but at least this year we should not be relegated from the football league.

First 2 points are just wrong, penalty, second yellow, stupid by Clarkey.....he’ll know himself

we weren’t robbed and our tactics almost worked, same as they did at Fulham, and Donny were a better side than them on the day!

but your final point I agree with, season is probably over and we have absolutely no idea what the plan is with our glorious football agent owner and his brother...what I do  know is that he scares me more than Chris Moore 

Football is a cruel and twisted sport! I pitty the many like me that entered the unfortunately miserable world of oldham athletic! Mere pups taking part, whils riding the wave and depression of the premier league. The pinch me years is the opposite for me! I almost wish I could be awakened from this never ending nightmare! Both larger teams and friends celebrating premier league success whilst I face season after season of misery and religation.i  remember listing to the winner takes it all by ABBA, Instantly transported  to 1994 where the beginning of the end essentially started mark Hughes destroying a uo uprising ! What could have been is gone and now we are left with a Moroccan football agent who essentially prob doesn’t give a shit and is living out his dream of making a football team ! Sad sad daus! I beg u listen to every word of the song, so ironic so poignant, so hard to listen too!

9 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

First 2 points are just wrong, penalty, second yellow, stupid by Clarkey.....he’ll know himself

No he's not wrong it wasn't a penalty, you can't give a pen on the basis his arm is in the air, Edmondson clearly heads the ball, as for the second point granted Clarke brushed his arm across the keepers back but the keepers embarrassed himself there getting another player sent off, is it a booking? You'd have a dozen bookings a game for every elbow in someone's back.

As for the referee, rather than making decisions on what he's seen he has reacted to the Donny players dramatics, plain and simple.

3 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Try and find a radio clip (5live or TalkSport) of John Coleman speaking after Accrington's game where he describes to a tee exactly what we seem to suffer week in, week out. 

Although he was completely wrong on all the points he made. 

19 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

we weren’t robbed and our tactics almost worked, same as they did at Fulham, and Donny were a better side than them on the day!

but your final point I agree with, season is probably over and we have absolutely no idea what the plan is with our glorious football agent owner and his brother...what I do  know is that he scares me more than Chris Moore 

Arse gravy.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

No he's not wrong it wasn't a penalty, you can't give a pen on the basis his arm is in the air, Edmondson clearly heads the ball, as for the second point granted Clarke brushed his arm across the keepers back but the keepers embarrassed himself there getting another player sent off, is it a booking? You'd have a dozen bookings a game for every elbow in someone's back.

As for the referee, rather than making decisions on what he's seen he has reacted to the Donny players dramatics, plain and simple.

Can’t really complain about the second booking. He shouldn’t have stuck his arm into the keeper. But the keeper’s writhing around on the ground was an embarrassment. 

Plenty to moan about for the pen. Doesn’t matter how many times I watch it, I still can’t convince myself Clarke touched it. And, the other thing is that the ref and linesmen clearly gave it in reaction to the Doncaster players’ appeals. 

1 hour ago, Stevie_J said:

Can’t really complain about the second booking. He shouldn’t have stuck his arm into the keeper. But the keeper’s writhing around on the ground was an embarrassment. 

Plenty to moan about for the pen. Doesn’t matter how many times I watch it, I still can’t convince myself Clarke touched it. And, the other thing is that the ref and linesmen clearly gave it in reaction to the Doncaster players’ appeals. 

Which shows they are not fit to officiate. 

They can only give what they are 100% certain of what they have seen!!

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

What the fuck is wrong with everyone??!!

we’ve all watched the replay 50 times but the ref and linesman had one view, in real time, and what they saw (Lino and the 4th official I believe) was Clarkey throwing a straight left punch at the ball (and George). Clarkey will be upset with himself tonight but there is no way I will blame him as he fought like the footballing warrior he is today and without him we’d have been 2 or 3 down long before he went all kamikaze on us at the end

its football, it’s drama. Our real problems are off the field