Doncaster (A)

1 hour ago, mikejh45 said:

I thought Branger had one of his best games for us. When he went out on the right, I thought he caused enough mischief to tie up two defenders with a third hanging back. Lang showed less on the left hence Nepo overlapping

For me Branger’s had his moments in the last two FA Cup games, such as doing a good job of keeping possession and running the clock down against Fulham, but I think his decision making is poor and his delivery from set pieces is truly awful. I have no idea why he’s taking them. 

4 hours ago, rudemedic said:

He threw the ball at him. The same way he throws the ball towards one of our players. 

He probably did exactly the right thing to discourage the fan from approaching him. 

If he had gotten a red card for that the FA might as well ban all fans from grounds. 

He entered the pitch, he could have had a knife. He had every right to throw a ball or tackle him to the ground if he wanted.

1 hour ago, Stevie_J said:

For me Branger’s had his moments in the last two FA Cup games, such as doing a good job of keeping possession and running the clock down against Fulham, but I think his decision making is poor and his delivery from set pieces is truly awful. I have no idea why he’s taking them. 

57 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....I’ll hazard a guess....

Hang on.....Maoche takes our set pieces and he was absent for one bloody game not the whole season.....get some perspective!!! 

2 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

He put a peach of a cross in for Clarke to stick home against Notts county... 

All our set pieces are shit... not just branger... 

nepo, Gardner, Maouche, Baxter 

All been guilty of not beating first man. 

So to pick him out is strange.

21 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

This bit especially applies to one of our idiots I saw walking back to the car park next to the athletic track...……...

Unbelievable support on Saturday. The Just Cant Get Enough was superb...I was wondering how it must of sounded in the other parts of the ground.

I'm expecting some pelters here but....We do have a very, very small amount of idiots who do their best to spoil it all. Two incidents in particular. The idiots, and one in particular, on the train on way down. At the top of his voice describing how he took his wife up the chuffer the night before and constantly efin and calling his mates efin c**ts every minute. All at top of his voice. Why make sure all the train can hear? Some women, and the lady who sat next to me where very uncomfortable, can I use the word intimidated, and two said they were going to complain to the rail people. The second was the idiot who sat in one blokes seat in the ground and when he pointed it out he in no uncertain terms asked him what the ef was he going to do about it. The bloke must have been nearly 60. He chose just to find another seat. The allocated seat thing causes problems I know but threatening a fellow Latics fan...nah not good.

3 minutes ago, Witty said:

Unbelievable support on Saturday. The Just Cant Get Enough was superb...I was wondering how it must of sounded in the other parts of the ground.

I'm expecting some pelters here but....We do have a very, very small amount of idiots who do their best to spoil it all. Two incidents in particular. The idiots, and one in particular, on the train on way down. At the top of his voice describing how he took his wife up the chuffer the night before and constantly efin and calling his mates efin c**ts every minute. All at top of his voice. Why make sure all the train can hear? Some women, and the lady who sat next to me where very uncomfortable, can I use the word intimidated, and two said they were going to complain to the rail people. The second was the idiot who sat in one blokes seat in the ground and when he pointed it out he in no uncertain terms asked him what the ef was he going to do about it. The bloke must have been nearly 60. He chose just to find another seat. The allocated seat thing causes problems I know but threatening a fellow Latics fan...nah not good.

it's not a latics fan thing but society in general, there is no respect shown to women, ones elders, the police,hospital staff and on and on.therefore the moronic element can act in a disgraceful manner in the knowledge that nobody will challenge them and if that did happen there would be no form of repercussion to this behaviour.

This country has become a soft touch from Government down to local authorities.We are a weak society that certain individuals will take advantage of.

Absolutely totally bloody sad.

17 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

I thought Branger had one of his best games for us. When he went out on the right, I thought he caused enough mischief to tie up two defenders with a third hanging back. Lang showed less on the left hence Nepo overlapping

And thats Brangers problem. His best game, and he was 5 out of 10.

3 hours ago, archiecat said:

it's not a latics fan thing but society in general, there is no respect shown to women, ones elders, the police,hospital staff and on and on.therefore the moronic element can act in a disgraceful manner in the knowledge that nobody will challenge them and if that did happen there would be no form of repercussion to this behaviour.

This country has become a soft touch from Government down to local authorities.We are a weak society that certain individuals will take advantage of.

Absolutely totally bloody sad.

Fuck da police.

51 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

The Donny fans I spoke to were impressed with Sylla, make of that what you will.

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

So was i

I thought he looked terrible in the 1st half. Out of position / wrong side of his oppo on numerous occasions & a foot like a 50p controlling the ball and attempting passes.....

7 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I thought he looked terrible in the 1st half. Out of position / wrong side of his oppo on numerous occasions & a foot like a 50p controlling the ball and attempting passes.....

We'll have to agree to differ Andy. I saw him play a number of very well directed angled headers and he made a few good surges forward. Very much doubt he's the second coming but thought he did ok

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

We'll have to agree to differ Andy. I saw him play a number of very well directed angled headers and he made a few good surges forward. Very much doubt he's the second coming but thought he did ok

Looks to be struggling at times, but perhaps understandable having been thrown into the deep end of a foreign whirlpool without a life jacket,  I'll reserve my judgement until he had a few more games.

Edited by BP1960

2 hours ago, leeslover said:

I said elsewhere, Lyden showed less in his first games than Sylla has done

Lyden couldn't have shown less than Sylla's performance at Macc, he was dreadful, granted so were the others. 

I will reserve judgement until the mandatory 10 game cut off.