Doncaster (A)

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Not surprised when they letting you buy 4 at a time...

Okay next time we will just do one per customer, then if a couple want to go with their kids, they’ll have to get their kids to come to the Ticket office and purchase and then have seats not even close to their parents

Not very logical is it?

Edited by OAFCBilly

7 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Surely they'll give us more? Ground's to big for them anyway so you'd have thought they may as well just give us as many as we want. Another 1,000 would make sure there was no one in the home ends.

Gonna ask first thing tomorrow but it’s probably unlikely, they’ve already give us 25% of the grounds capacity which is 10% more than what we are entitled to (FA rules)

8 minutes ago, OAFCBilly said:

Gonna ask first thing tomorrow but it’s probably unlikely, they’ve already give us 25% of the grounds capacity which is 10% more than what we are entitled to (FA rules)

I guess the % matters less than if they actually have the demand ….glad you're asking for more, it'll be crazy if there are 1000 empty seats which could have been sold, pretty sure both clubs need the money!

12 minutes ago, OAFCBilly said:

Okay next time we will just do one per customer, then if a couple want to go with their kids, they’ll have to get their kids to come to the Ticket office and purchase and then have seats not even close to their parents

Not very logical is it?

Ignore him Billy. Most of us already do. 

The vast majority of fans recognise the tough job the ticket office do well for big games. 

Just now, Ritchierich said:

I guess the % matters less than if they actually have the demand ….glad you're asking for more, it'll be crazy if there are 1000 empty seats which could have been sold, pretty sure both clubs need the money!

Sometimes it’s down to safety/stewarding/policing reasons though. It costs clubs to open a section of the stand up or give a section of the home end to away fans as they need to pay for more stewards, more policing, and obviously take into account the safety aspect of things.

sometimes the cost of this isn’t worth it... plus we don’t know how well Doncaster are doing for home tickets, or how many they anticipate will POTD.

will enquire though and of course provide an update on the outcome 

1 minute ago, rudemedic said:

Ignore him Billy. Most of us already do. 

The vast majority of fans recognise the tough job the ticket office do well for big games. 

I genuinely don’t know if he’s being serious or not. Don’t mind either though. Don’t like ignoring trolls, better to just call them out and prove them wrong! 

If he’s not trolling then hope he realises now why we do four per customer

Yeah everyone works hard!

isn’t just me, Sue the woman I work with should be retired and should be working with us part time, at the moment she’s doing full time hours. Ashleigh the commercial assistant should be focusing on commercial but was a massive help today.

ive seen Sam get some slack on social media, I mean we all do, but sam’s a credit to the football club and he’s going to be a massive loss to us. Dom the media assistant started just before me and he’s still getting to grips with the role, like myself

our new club secretary mark Sheridan puts in a right shift and does a lot of late nights, he’s really hit the ground running taking over from Richard and he’s also a credit to the football club

they might not like me going on but they all deserve a pat on the back from the fans too. Not one person slacks off so it is nice when good things get said about us all!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, OAFCBilly said:

Not very logical is it?

So really the attitude is we don't care who we sell them to as long as we sell them quickly.

Should be 2 per person maximum, no exceptions.

I didn’t realise until now this was POTD for home fans, they’re bound to give us more tickets if only to avoid aggro in the home end surely? Reckon we could easily take best part of another 1000 to this if we had tickets, probably 4-500 of those would risk it in the home end. Could get lairy on Saturday? 

15 minutes ago, OAFCBilly said:

Sometimes it’s down to safety/stewarding/policing reasons though. It costs clubs to open a section of the stand up or give a section of the home end to away fans as they need to pay for more stewards, more policing, and obviously take into account the safety aspect of things.

sometimes the cost of this isn’t worth it... plus we don’t know how well Doncaster are doing for home tickets, or how many they anticipate will POTD.

will enquire though and of course provide an update on the outcome 

That's fair Billy, I think we all realise these things are a little more complicated than just selling out a theatre. Thanks again for your efforts mate

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

So really the attitude is we don't care who we sell them to as long as we sell them quickly.

We do care who we sell them to. Hence why we would sell 4 to a father of 3 who wants to go to the game with his 3 kids who are at school whilst he’s coming to the Ticket office to buy tickets before work

etc

etc

etc

We did 4 when on general sale for Fulham, why would we change that now?

everyone who wanted a ticket for Fulham got one

nobody knew that we would take this many to Doncaster. Even I couldn’t guess

two per person is stupid, especially when people work, are at school, and there’s no home game between now and the game. 

Nobody else has complained?

Edited by OAFCBilly
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The only exception for me would be you not getting one...FFS get a life😡

3 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

Must admit I was surprised at how many each person could buy. 

I'd hazard a guess the club have massively underestimated the demand. 

We did to be fair but I think everyone did

regardless, we still would have done 4 per customer for the reasons I detailed to deyres above