Doncaster (A)

2 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

Must admit I was surprised at how many each person could buy. 

I'd hazard a guess the club have massively underestimated the demand. 

I wasn't going anyway but there will be regular matchgoers who miss out because people are greedy and take them for people who haven't been since the Bovis days.

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

The only exception for me would be you not getting one...FFS get a life😡

Oh shut up FFS, sick of people constantly chirping up just because someone has a different opinion on things.

If you don't like it then just don't reply or use the block button.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Oh shut up FFS, sick of people constantly chirping up just because someone has a different opinion on things.

If you don't like it then just don't reply or use the block button.

Perhaps if you stopped talking total arse gravy (trolling?), people would stop "constantly chirping up".

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I wasn't going anyway but there will be regular matchgoers who miss out because people are greedy and take them for people who haven't been since the Bovis days.

At the end of the day though we are a ticket office, we have to sell tickets. We can’t sell to customers based on how long they’ve supported the club for or how many games they have or haven’t been to this season

It’s swings and roundabouts. If you wanted a ticket that bad then make sure you’re first to the ticket office or first to buy online. Unfortunately we can’t please everybody

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, OAFCBilly said:

Hopefully doing my level 1 with PW next summer so 🤷🏻‍♂️ who knows! 😂 (obvs joking)

I'm currently doing mine at Lancaster fa brilliant course learning so much, gutted it wasn't Pete wild taking it but the tutor is brilliant all the same

3 minutes ago, OAFCBilly said:

At the end of the day though we are a ticket office, we have to sell tickets. We can’t sell to customers based on how long they’ve supported the club for or how many games they have or haven’t been to this season

It’s swings and roundabouts. If you wanted a ticket that bad then make sure you’re first to the ticket office or first to buy online. Unfortunately we can’t please everybody

He looks at the popular opinion  then goes against that for a reaction. Then you call him out or prove him wrong and he moves the goalposts and tries arguing that he meant something else. Used to be amusing. Boring now as it's expected constantly. 

1 minute ago, Magic Mikey said:

Perhaps if you stopped talking total arse gravy (trolling?), people would stop "constantly chirping up".

There's that phrase again, not just me but a few others can't contribute anything these days without being accused of it, maybe I should join them.

20 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

So really the attitude is we don't care who we sell them to as long as we sell them quickly.

Should be 2 per person maximum, no exceptions.

Anyone whose wanted one has had plenty of opportunities eyresy, give it a rest ffs your probably not even going.

4 minutes ago, OAFCBilly said:

Exactly, anyone who wanted one would have one by now. Most people are pretty reasonable about it, as I have said previously I won't know until Thursday if I can go or not, it is not the end of the world if there are none left. 

2 minutes ago, dazzman07 said:

I'm currently doing mine at Lancaster fa brilliant course learning so much, gutted it wasn't Pete wild taking it but the tutor is brilliant all the same

Yeah ive heard they’re class! Really looking forward to doing it. I was going to do it through Lancashire FA but then started at Latics so obvs makes sense to use that as my way in 😂

Just now, disjointed said:

Exactly, anyone who wanted one would have one by now. Most people are pretty reasonable about it, as I have said previously I won't know until Thursday if I can go or not, it is not the end of the world if there are none left. 

It would be good if we had a city style points system or something, but end of the day we aren’t big enough of a club or pull in a big enough crowd week in week out, nor feature in big enough games to warrant doing something like this just for the sake of the odd FA cup run

Hopefully we will get more tickets from donny, then we can go from there :) 

1 minute ago, OAFCBilly said:

Yeah ive heard they’re class! Really looking forward to doing it. I was going to do it through Lancashire FA but then started at Latics so obvs makes sense to use that as my way in 😂

All the Manchester fa courses were fully booked so the best other option was the Lancashire course. So will you be doing yours with the academy?

7 minutes ago, OAFCBilly said:

Didn't want a ticket on this occasion but that's beside the point, voucher systems have been done in the past.

2 minutes ago, dazzman07 said:

All the Manchester fa courses were fully booked so the best other option was the Lancashire course. So will you be doing yours with the academy?

Nah PW teaches them with the Manchester FA I think he said, just gonna do that first and then go from there :)

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Didn't want a ticket on this occasion but that's beside the point, voucher systems have been done in the past.

Voucher system was considered but then what about those that have attended games all season but couldn’t attend the Forest Green game? 

Or then we’re holding fans to ransom saying “come to this game for priority on the Doncaster game” which might have resulted in more complaints. Again, you can’t please everybody

I’d rather have a family of four be able to sit next to each other than do what you’re suggesting.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

If you're not a season ticket holder you've only had today in theory...

And there’s plenty of ways for people to purchase? We made the game available online to make life easier for fans (certainly doesn’t make life easier for us) as opposed to making fans queue up (like in the past for Liverpool x3 and Everton x2), where it would have been a lot easier for us to make fans queue up, but harder for fans who have to queue up in this freezing cold

Reminds me of a situation many years ago when I needed to buy a product but the supplier would not let me buy because if he did he would have sold out. 

FFS I you have a product to sell if there is a demand. We are now getting the best service from the ticket than we have ever had.

Let them get on with it

1 minute ago, another fan said:

Reminds me of a situation many years ago when I needed to buy a product but the supplier would not let me buy because if he did he would have sold out. 

FFS I you have a product to sell if there is a demand. We are now getting the best service from the ticket than we have ever had.

Let them get on with it

Thanks for the kind words

Deyresy seems genuine with his queries, so I’ll be genuine with my responses and try my best to explain to him why we’ve done what we’ve done, whether or not he takes my points on board is up to him

3 minutes ago, OAFCBilly said:

Voucher system was considered but then what about those that have attended games all season but couldn’t attend the Forest Green game? 

Or then we’re holding fans to ransom saying “come to this game for priority on the Doncaster game” which might have resulted in more complaints. Again, you can’t please everybody

I’d rather have a family of four be able to sit next to each other than do what you’re suggesting.

And there’s plenty of ways for people to purchase? We made the game available online to make life easier for fans (certainly doesn’t make life easier for us) as opposed to making fans queue up (like in the past for Liverpool x3 and Everton x2), where it would have been a lot easier for us to make fans queue up, but harder for fans who have to queue up in this freezing cold

Can't believe it would be that hard to add a code or summat on the voucher.

Appreciate you only have finite resources but there's a duty to look after all regular not just season ticket holders.

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Can't believe it would be that hard to add a code or summat on the voucher.

Appreciate you only have finite resources but there's a duty to look after all regular not just season ticket holders.

It wouldn’t be hard. I didn’t say it would be hard, I said it would be unfair on those who couldn’t attend the forest green game but have attended all games this season.

Please read my points properly otherwise I might as well be talking to a brick wall

weve looked after all regular by making the tickets available online and putting on 4 per customer. Which again, like I’ve said to you multiple times, and the point you consistently keep dodging - allows families of four to sit together :) 

Edited by OAFCBilly
  • Like 1