• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

He could be very good with a full pre-season under his belt and a run of games. 

Let's not forget he played most of his career at a much higher level before his abortive few months with us.... 

As did Giles Coke, Ricardo Fuller and countless other donkeys we’ve had on our books 

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

Stop trolling, Shuck. Vera is Sunday League. 

Maybe whoever is in charge of the club should stop trolling!

Hit a new low tonight being bottom of the football league, maybe we should just be grateful we’re still in it ........ for now.

9 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Urko Vera baby 💚

I was one of those who was hoping we hadn't seen the "real" Vera, for whatever reason, last season. I thought "surely if the owner has given him a 2 year contract, there's a real player in there?" etc. etc.

He looks absolutely awful.

What does that say about the wisdom of our owner giving hima 2 year contract? (having witnessed how awful he was last year too!)

43 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I was one of those who was hoping we hadn't seen the "real" Vera, for whatever reason, last season. I thought "surely if the owner has given him a 2 year contract, there's a real player in there?" etc. etc.

He looks absolutely awful.

What does that say about the wisdom of our owner giving hima 2 year contract? (having witnessed how awful he was last year too!)

One year deal according to the official site...

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/july/05072019-urko-vera-resigns/

1 minute ago, rosa said:

His part in the build up to our goal yesterday was hilarious. He couldn't trap a bag of cement. First touch like a drunk goat. 

I saw enough in the shooting drill during the warm up at Macc to know he wasn't a footballer. To continue with the similes, he had all the accuracy of Shuck at two o'clock on a Sunday morning. 

13 minutes ago, rosa said:

I might bring a drunk goat to the next home game in protest. 

11 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

That's all we need, a fine via the RSPCA 😂

1 minute ago, rosa said:

And Barry Owen will accuse the FLG of getting the goat drunk in the fans bar. 

Inflatable drunk goats. Anyone got the number for the yardog supplier? 

That header in the first half had the main stand upper in stitches I looked down at where the players sit some of them were actually laughing at him.

Another example was when the ball came to him all he had to do was lay off a 5 yard pass to free up Wilson and he picked out the 2nd row or the main stand paddock.

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

That header in the first half had the main stand upper in stitches I looked down at where the players sit some of them were actually laughing at him.

Another example was when the ball came to him all he had to do was lay off a 5 yard pass to free up Wilson and he picked out the 2nd row or the main stand paddock.

What’s the story of this infamous header for those of us that didn’t/couldn’t bother ? 

15 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

The bloke is beyond useless, we’ve had some poor players in the last decade or so but this guy takes the biscuit, utter 🤡 

He started as well as the rest of them those first 15 minutes. Some nice link up play, started the move for the goal and was then as poor as the rest of them were for the rest of the match.

Why single him out? 

16 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

He started as well as the rest of them those first 15 minutes. Some nice link up play, started the move for the goal and was then as poor as the rest of them were for the rest of the match.

Why single him out? 

Well said,

I would sooner have Vera in my starting 11 than some of the other wasters on show.

Archived