• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why, but I get the impression that this guy will be a real handful for the opposition. It's probably the attitude he shows in the interview. Seems to be no nonsense. If he has the technical abilities of other Spanish players he will bag quite a few goals for us. He has friends down the road as well (probably City), so that should help him settle in. 

41 minutes ago, al_bro said:

He has friends down the road as well (probably City), so that should help him settle in. 

Are all Spaniards friends with all other Spaniards?  Doubt he'll be able to afford to mingle with the City Spaniards in the restaurants they probably frequent!

Binned of by Eibar after playing 31 games in their promotion season, harsh. We saw them at Barca the year after, they looked the most English Spanish team I've seen, lots of big lads, banks of 3/4, strong in the air. I'm going to leap to the conclusion that we've signed Nat Lofthouse 

7 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Are all Spaniards friends with all other Spaniards?  Doubt he'll be able to afford to mingle with the City Spaniards in the restaurants they probably frequent!

Sam says in the interview that he believes that he has a friend at a certain club down the road, and will he be using him to learn English. He replies that yes he has friends in England, and intends to be able to do an interview in English by the end of the season.

12 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Binned of by Eibar after playing 31 games in their promotion season, harsh. We saw them at Barca the year after, they looked the most English Spanish team I've seen, lots of big lads, banks of 3/4, strong in the air. I'm going to leap to the conclusion that we've signed Nat Lofthouse 

Don't they play rugby up that way too?

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Don't they play rugby up that way too?

Yep. The Basques are very into Rugby. The French Basques played some of their big games in Spain (San Sebastian). Think it’s mainly Union but I wouldn’t be surprised if they played League as well.

Archived