• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Jimbooth said:

Got tickets left for him by Llorente too. Connected that lad! 

Funny you write that, I just came on this thread to post look at Llorente. 

Labelled a carthorse all season by many and scores one of the most important goals of Tottenham's season.

Urko Vera against Tranmere on the Friday night it's coming ....

4 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Funny you write that, I just came on this thread to post look at Llorente. 

Labelled a carthorse all season by many and scores one of the most important goals of Tottenham's season.

...which should have been disallowed for handball.

4 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I've just spent 20 minutes or so watching them train. Urko Vera looks like he's a fan who has based to join in.

Both Lemsagam brothers were casting a keen eye over proceedings too...

Was he that bad?

Any interfering, or just watching?

9 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I've just spent 20 minutes or so watching them train. Urko Vera looks like he's a fan who has paid to join in.

Both Lemsagam brothers were casting a keen eye over proceedings too...

Probably deciding which donkeys they'll be telling PW who/who not to play tomorrow.

33 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

No forearm but the rest is bang on.

1 hour ago, Stevie_J said:

Forearm, hip, goal.  Not much of an argument for him not being a carthorse.

I'd agree with Stevie_J on this matter. If it had been hip - arm then the goal would have been disallowed. The fact that the last body part to touch the ball was Llorente's hip and it was definitely more a case of ball to arm, with the arm being down the player's side, meant the original decision was always going to stand. 

VAR is designed to stop the clearly wrong decisions, not alter minor judgement calls. I think it did that last night. 

I was under the impression that a goal could be scored with an arm so long as it wasn't intentionally ?

It''ll be a lot simpler next season when if it strikes a hand or arm it's automatically an offence. It won't affect us though because we don't get penalties as opposed to the team the Refs hate ? (manure) who've got 14 this season and counting.

8 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

I'd agree with Stevie_J on this matter. If it had been hip - arm then the goal would have been disallowed. The fact that the last body part to touch the ball was Llorente's hip and it was definitely more a case of ball to arm, with the arm being down the player's side, meant the original decision was always going to stand. 

VAR is designed to stop the clearly wrong decisions, not alter minor judgement calls. I think it did that last night. 

Just looked at this again on You Tube and at the point of impact, Llorente had his forearm across his stomach. The only person who's arm affected the goal was Laporte's.

But you are right, VAR worked well last night.

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I was under the impression that a goal could be scored with an arm so long as it wasn't intentionally ?

It''ll be a lot simpler next season when if it strikes a hand or arm it's automatically an offence. It won't affect us though because we don't get penalties as opposed to the team the Refs hate ? (manure) who've got 14 this season and counting.

1 hour ago, mikejh45 said:

Just looked at this again on You Tube and at the point of impact, Llorente had his forearm across his stomach. The only person who's arm affected the goal was Laporte's.

But you are right, VAR worked well last night.

:lol:

• 2 months later...

Archived