3 realistic choices as manager, Who?

3 Realistic choices as manager, but who?   

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your preferred choice?

• Paul Scholes
    • Pete Wild
    • John Askey

31 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

Wild’s a top bloke but I wouldn’t want him to get it for his sake. His day for a big job will come. Possibly elsewhere. 

Will it? He's been the Academy boss for a short period of time and whilst an away win at Fulham is going to look good on his CV, I'm not sure that will get him a manager's job anywhere in league football.

He seems like a top bloke and it was genuinely heartwarming to have a fellow blue celebrating with the players on the pitch at Craven Cottage. I'm sure he's good at what he does but I'd have thought this was his best chance if he was going to get offered a job.

I hope he's rewarded with a long-term contract and looks after the youths (which I'm guessing he enjoys)

35 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

I predict that sooner rather than later he’ll leave. Pete will step in again as caretaker. Our owner will admit mistakes were made. Some will hope or presume he’ll learn from  them but he won’t. League two pergatory becomes the new League one pergatory. We have a bit of FA Cup success in five years time. And continue to sign players whose names I struggle to pronounce. 

My thought exactly when I looked at the league table on way home on Saturday. Who knows though? This is Latics.

1 hour ago, Nohairdontcare said:

Wild’s a top bloke but I wouldn’t want him to get it for his sake. His day for a big job will come. Possibly elsewhere. 

If he does want to be a manager (I don't know if he does) surely this is his only opportunity to get into it.....?

I'm up for it being Scholes but only for the nobble it's going to be. 

The media exposure will be fun and I can't for the life of me see any point in doing this if he's not going to attract additional investment and/or a higher standard of player. 

I don't see him as a manager and don't see him lasting 5 minutes either as a result of me being right about that or as a result of him clashing with Abdallah very early on. 

Or as a result of Abdallah carrying on his hiring and firing. 

If he's bringing Butt with him as rumoured that might give us a better chance of success as he seems a bit less highly strung. 

Butt (or someone like him) doing most of the nitty gritty and Scholes being more of an old fashioned, hands off morivator/tactician might work. 

I'll be ecstatic if I'm wrong and he's a revelation.