Looking forward to this. A rare Tuesday away which isn't that bad to get to. Been here a few times over the years on a Tuesday, including the 96th minute defeat a couple of years ago.

Looking back further we've never actually won at Stadium MK. Our only win away against MK was the 1-0 win at the Hockey Stadium just after Xmas when Luke banged in the winner. Thingy ran on the pitch and was then arrested for an hour 😂

Had some horror shows over the years down there and not just the one. A 6-2 defeat saw the sacking of Sheridan when we were firmly placed for a play-off push. A 7-0 drubbing just before Christmas. Don't forget the 5-0 defeat we suffered as well. As mentioned above a 96th minute 1-0 defeat on a Tuesday night. Another two drab 0-0's both on Tuesday night's in back to back seasons. An opening away game 2-0 defeat. In 2014 we were 1-0 up only to go and lose 2-1 to yet again a 90th minute winner. Even last season under Wellens when we'd hit a bit of form and looked irresistible we chucked a 3-1 and 4-2 lead away to draw 4-4 in the 89th minute. I knew we had a poor record down there but looking back I didn't realise it was this horrendous. 

Overall record Played 9 Won 0 Drawn 3 Lost 6. Scored 7 Conceded 27. Before last season that was just 3 goals in 8 visits. 

Would be decent to get something here, after this (dependent on our cup exploits) our next four read Yeovil (H) Morecambe (H) Crawley (A) Crewe (H) which gives us a little run to hopefully enter that top 7.

Thought Mike Keegan had been relegated, didn't realise we played him this year 😂

In all seriousness I see this fixture and take it as a defeat even at the start of the season. Even the win at the hockey stadium was the biggest smash and grab I've ever seen. Worst I've ever seen us play and still come away with a win.

I don't know what it is they have over us there but we just can't muster a win. 

It'd take a lot for me to ever muster the enthusiasm to go back there after that pre-Christmas battering a few years ago. Given the number of 'big' aways we've had recently (coupled with the fact it's a Tuesday and MK), anyone who travels to this is full on hardcore.

3 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Looking forward to this. A rare Tuesday away which isn't that bad to get to. Been here a few times over the years on a Tuesday, including the 96th minute defeat a couple of years ago.

Looking back further we've never actually won at Stadium MK. Our only win away against MK was the 1-0 win at the Hockey Stadium just after Xmas when Luke banged in the winner. Thingy ran on the pitch and was then arrested for an hour 😂

Had some horror shows over the years down there and not just the one. A 6-2 defeat saw the sacking of Sheridan when we were firmly placed for a play-off push. A 7-0 drubbing just before Christmas. Don't forget the 5-0 defeat we suffered as well. As mentioned above a 96th minute 1-0 defeat on a Tuesday night. Another two drab 0-0's both on Tuesday night's in back to back seasons. An opening away game 2-0 defeat. In 2014 we were 1-0 up only to go and lose 2-1 to yet again a 90th minute winner. Even last season under Wellens when we'd hit a bit of form and looked irresistible we chucked a 3-1 and 4-2 lead away to draw 4-4 in the 89th minute. I knew we had a poor record down there but looking back I didn't realise it was this horrendous. 

Overall record Played 9 Won 0 Drawn 3 Lost 6. Scored 7 Conceded 27. Before last season that was just 3 goals in 8 visits. 

Would be decent to get something here, after this (dependent on our cup exploits) our next four read Yeovil (H) Morecambe (H) Crawley (A) Crewe (H) which gives us a little run to hopefully enter that top 7.

You start by saying your looking forward to it, then give shitloads of reasons you shouldn’t be. Due a win aren’t we ? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Terrible record made worse for me as my brother and nephew are MK season ticket holders. Only good thing was we all went to game at hockey stadium when Luke Beckett nearly broke the net!

That 4-4 last season was so frustrating. Queensy Menig actually lived up to expectations and they couldn’t handle him. He went off and so did our attack. If the game has gone on any longer they would have won. 

First goal was incredible. 

Edited by Kusunga_Is_God

2 hours ago, petera1 said:

Terrible record made worse for me as my brother and nephew are MK season ticket holders. Only good thing was we all went to game at hockey stadium when Luke Beckett nearly broke the net!

And that was the only shot we had all game. One shot, one on target, win 1-0. Madness.

On 1/23/2019 at 5:03 AM, oafcshuck said:

I was thinking of going until I saw this. Thanks!

9 hours ago, oldhamoafc said:

Our annual drubbing is due then.

No Clarke, no manager, no players...

Lets just forfeit and take a 3-0 loss and save travelling.

We’ve already had our a drubbing , and hopefully by Tuesday we’ll have a (new) manager who’ll play the players in their correct positions 

20 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Be interesting how many of us will be there on Tuesday. 

I'm going with a mate but if we take 300 we will do well I think.... Plus its gonna be brass monkeys!! 

Really need 3 points to keep us in the mix. Decent time to play them... They have lost their last 3😊

Hard to tell what our attendance will be.  The time I went in the Penney season we apparently took 110 people on a Tuesday night.  However the ground was a 5th full at best...yet apparently the crowd was read out as 8k!

It was 0-0 and we were the more attacking team.  Which in that season says a lot about MK and why Paul Ince got the sack days later.

Suicide inducing performance on the cards. French lads seeing their arse with Baxter, no Clarke, O'Grady knackered, Vera as fit as Broady after an all inclusive in Benidorm, Wildy seeing out his last game and on the hangover from getting knocked out.

Mk Dons 0 - 1 Oldham (Vera, Pen 87)

2 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Suicide inducing performance on the cards. French lads seeing their arse with Baxter, no Clarke, O'Grady knackered, Vera as fit as Broady after an all inclusive in Benidorm, Wildy seeing out his last game and on the hangover from getting knocked out.

Mk Dons 0 - 1 Oldham (Vera, Pen 87)

Maouche back though and possibly Stott in for Clarke?