2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Bit hard to find a cutting pass with zero movement ahead of you. Our best footballer by a distance. 

Baxter should be ashamed after his rant.

I’d have Baxter over Maouche any day. I’d start Baxter every week and play him into form. I don’t get why it’s ok to allow Sylla to be played into form, but not Jose. The less said about Branger the better. How anyone can defend his selection is beyond me. Vera looks like an absolute cart horse from his early showings. All 3 of our Academy boys in the back 4 contributed more. Of AL’s signings, only Gevaro & Missilou are good enough.

15 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

I respect your opinion but I disagree.

2 new decent forwards and players in their best positions would see a massive change in fortunes. The squad has some decent players for this level they just need to be played in a way that makes us a threat going forward.

I think going forward is our main area of concern, goalkeeper is fine, defence is fine, midfield is fine also, up top we have nothing.

I don't think we are that far apart in what we think here I do believe we have a half decent side yes 2 forwards would go along way to improving us but also 1 or 2 others maybe aswell and I think this league would be there for taking. Frustrating really because had we got this month right the play offs would be a very realistic possibility. We may now be leaving Scholes with too much to do to get it this season.

Edited by GlossopLatic

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

I don't think we are that far apart in what we think here I do believe we have a half decent side yes 2 forwards would go along 1 or 2 others maybe aswell and I think this league would be there for taking. Frustrating really because had we got this month right the play offs would be a very realistic possibility. We may now be leaving Scholes with too much to do to get it this season.

3 or 4 players may be a big ask, 2 forwards in could mean we really push for that play off spot.

Season is far from over, loads to play for yet.

I think most of this lot are treading water until the new manager is installed.

If as anticipated it is Scholes then I think Baxter and Maouche who are technically our two best players will be the first names on the teamsheet and I also think that he will make them much better players.

At their best they should be capable of well and truly ripping up this division!

5 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I’d have Baxter over Maouche any day. I’d start Baxter every week and play him into form. I don’t get why it’s ok to allow Sylla to be played into form, but not Jose. The less said about Branger the better. How anyone can defend his selection is beyond me. Vera looks like an absolute cart horse from his early showings. All 3 of our Academy boys in the back 4 contributed more. Of AL’s signings, only Gevaro & Missilou are good enough.

Jose is stealing a living right now.  Hopefully he will look up to Scholes as a player he is not fit to lace the boots of and start actually trying. He’s unfit, overweight and lazy.   Lack of ability is one thing. Lack of effort is unforgivable. 

Your view of Maouche is simple blind bias. 

Edited by kowenicki

Gave myself half an hour to reflect on  a game we should have won.

Substitutions baffled me.....Scylla was controlling central midfield with Missilou and helping to move the ball forward comfortably which all turned to sh*t when Baxter came on.

There was a lot of criticism of Vera and his lack of mobility but that went  downhill when O'Grady came on.....the only time he ran was after the final whistle. Vera got himself into position for 3 half-chances...….he is horrendously unfit and I get the impression he is struggling to see how he can fit into this team.

As for the final substitution, We should have brought Hunt on at LB for Lang and moved Branger to RW and Nepo to LW.

Oh, and the officials were useless.

6 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Have to disagree here.....he is less than half the player he once was and I don't see the determination to change that.

Maouche rarely lost or gave the ball away cheaply...….you could play Baxter in every game between now and the end of the season and he still wouldn't, in my opinion, influence the game even if you could get more than 60 mins. out of him which is highly unlikely.

1 minute ago, mikejh45 said:

Have to disagree here.....he is less than half the player he once was and I don't see the determination to change that.

Maouche rarely lost or gave the ball away cheaply...….you could play Baxter in every game between now and the end of the season and he still wouldn't, in my opinion, influence the game even if you could get more than 60 mins. out of him which is highly unlikely.

Very fair points but I also struggle to see how Maouche influences games, for me neither can grab hold of a game and it's a position where I think we need to strengthen, as was the case in pre season we still need two quality strikers, Surridge was class whilst it lasted but unless he is replaced sharpish we could end up finishing bottom half which would be hugely disappointing. 

Just now, Dave_Og said:

Branger on the right wing? He may as well not have a right foot! 

Bit like playing Lang on the left but on Saturday against Doncaster Branger tied up 2, sometimes 3 defenders.

Many managers play lefties on the right and vice-versa.

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Very fair points but I also struggle to see how Maouche influences games, for me neither can grab hold of a game and it's a position where I think we need to strengthen, as was the case in pre season we still need two quality strikers, Surridge was class whilst it lasted but unless he is replaced sharpish we could end up finishing bottom half which would be hugely disappointing. 

Not sure you can blame Maouche for the lack of movement in front of him. All that's left is to go sideways.

6 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Bit like playing Lang on the left but on Saturday against Doncaster Branger tied up 2, sometimes 3 defenders.

Many managers play lefties on the right and vice-versa.

Yep, and he produced absolutely zip all on Saturday 

2 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

I wonder if Scholes would see Baxter as a a bit of a deep lying playmaker - like himself for a lot of his own career?

I'd see him lying deep, back in the dressing room. His rant in Saturday was a disgrace coming from a player who has spent the vast majority of his career letting people down. 

3 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

According to transfermarket, 18/19

Branger 26 apps, 2 goals, 4 assists

Gevaro 29 apps (at least half a dozen at full back), 3 goals, 7 assists

Lang 32 apps, 8 goals, 1 assist

Maybe we should have started Lang up front tonight.