8 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

A special mention for Stott who acquitted himself well considering it was a big leap from Stockport.

It would be a big leap for some of ours at Stockport.

Edited by BP1960

Iverson

Hamer                                    Clarke                           Edmonson

Sylla

Dummingham                                          Missile                             Maouche                                         Nepo

Lang                 Baxter

Thats a solid team with a spine which would offer much more up top than we have been producing.

No point playing big lumps up top if they offer nothing.

Was at the game tonight and felt sorry for Hammer, George and Stott. 

They did nothing wrong really were solid and calm, and were at no fault for the 2 pens. 

We need to keep all 3 as they have the potential to be a decent core to our team for the next few years. 

Agree with most of the comments made on tonight's game. 

We looked decent at times in midfield and passed the ball about OK but the lack of movement from Vera and OG meant attacks stalled at critical times. 

Hopefully we can sign a striker with some pace before Friday otherwise we simply won't score enough goals. 

Maouche who I've criticised before was OK tonight and with someone like scholes coaching him i think could be a good asset as he would create more than anyone if our forwards were making the right runs. 

Branger just isn't a 90 mins player and is a luxury we just can't carry. 

Edited by Londonboy

5 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Iverson

Hamer                                    Clarke                           Edmonson

Sylla

Dummingham                                          Missile                             Maouche                                         Nepo

Lang                 Baxter

Thats a solid team with a spine which would offer much more up top than we have been producing.

No point playing big lumps up top if they offer nothing.

Baxter’s shown that he’s not fit enough , and couldn’t his a cows a..e with a banjo from 2 inches away

I would have thought it was patently obvious that Branger should have been subbed instead of Sylla, baffling but it does add credence to the theory that the owner is having a say in team selections. 

I'm getting a bit fed up with it all, it's getting to the point where I'm looking forward to having other things to do on a match day. 

Hmm interesting comment from Pete wild when asked that’s four games without a win, what’s gone wrong 

and he says (paraphrase) I have my own views on that which I will keep to myself !!!

what can he mean...???

2 minutes ago, rossy52 said:

Hmm interesting comment from Pete wild when asked that’s four games without a win, what’s gone wrong 

and he says (paraphrase) I have my own views on that which I will keep to myself !!!

what can he mean...???

Does that mean PW will be sacked now?

Lots of people have views what is going on behind the scenes with Al, some on here still seem to think everything is fine KTF.

4 minutes ago, rossy52 said:

what can he mean...???

Owner interfering probably 

2 hours ago, disjointed said:

I would have thought it was patently obvious that Branger should have been subbed instead of Sylla, baffling but it does add credence to the theory that the owner is having a say in team selections. 

I'm getting a bit fed up with it all, it's getting to the point where I'm looking forward to having other things to do on a match day. 

8 minutes ago, rossy52 said:

what can he mean...???

As a number of us have said, Pete Wild has done a reasonable job as interim manager but he is clearly not yet ready to take the role on permanently. The insight he has gained in running the first team will be invaluable if/when he returns to a role with the Academy.

We all have our views on whether AL is having a say in who plays come match day, but what is patently clear is a need for a strong individual to come in and take on the manager’s position. If that person is Paul Scholes then I hope that his demands are honoured by AL. 

Then we might have a go at the playoffs. Whatever happens, it has to be soon!

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

As a number of us have said, Pete Wild has done a reasonable job as interim manager but he is clearly not yet ready to take the role on permanently. The insight he has gained in running the first team will be invaluable if/when he returns to a role with the Academy.

We all have our views on whether AL is having a say in who plays come match day, but what is patently clear is a need for a strong individual to come in and take on the manager’s position. If that person is Paul Scholes then I hope that his demands are honoured by AL. 

Then we might have a go at the playoffs. Whatever happens, it has to be soon!

AL is having more than just a say. He is picking the team. No doubt in my mind. 

11 hours ago, trickyrickyholden said:

I feel for Pete wild after that interview. 

That's the first time I've seen / heard him like that.

I genuinely hope he has a job to go back to.

I normally need convinced with facts but after last night I'm coming round to the theory that certain players are in the team against the managers will.

If scholes comes in things have to change.

1 minute ago, welshgaz said:

I watched the match on Ifollow. You could see why Vera came off but Sylla was our best player and breaking up play really well. 

Could you see why he started, though?

I wonder if AL will sack himself for being a shit manager?

21 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Does that mean PW will be sacked now?

Lots of people have views what is going on behind the scenes with Al, some on here still seem to think everything is fine KTF.

If PW is sacked from all roles at the club  AL will face a massive fan backlash.

Edited by BP1960

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

People going on like we have a huge squad with loads of options, we don't.

Certainly sparse of quick strikers, if this is not addressed in the transfer window even Scholes won't make any difference.  

7 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Could you see why he started, though?

I wonder if AL will sack himself for being a shit manager?

Vera came into it slightly but was tired. I suppose he started due to limited other options or AL said he needs to. 

Don't really understand the second question, Joe.