Frustrating that we don't actually play a left back. But, and it's a big but, that's not our issue. Our issue is up front. Vera wasn't good enough. Change him and put surridge in last night we get at least a point.

He brought Sylla off because he's defensive. It was supposed to be an attacking sub. Nobody but Baxter's fault he was an idiot with that penalty. 

20 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

Vera came into it slightly but was tired. I suppose he started due to limited other options or AL said he needs to. 

Don't really understand the second question, Joe. 

How could he be tired after doing no running for 45 minutes?

50 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Could you see why he started, though?

I wonder if AL will sack himself for being a shit manager?

This is the bit I don't get though... Why would AL force a manager to pick shite players and play others out of position to the detriment of the team? Surely it's in his interests for the team to do well?

Unless it's some fiddle to get money in through the club in some form of appearance bonuses or something like that?

6 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

This is the bit I don't get though... Why would AL force a manager to pick shite players and play others out of position to the detriment of the team? Surely it's in his interests for the team to do well?

Unless it's some fiddle to get money in through the club in some form of appearance bonuses or something like that?

Because players like Hunt have upset him. Therefore we have to play Nepo at lb. The new lad will slot in and Nepo will push further forward. 

1 hour ago, welshgaz said:

I watched the match on Ifollow. You could see why Vera came off but Sylla was our best player and breaking up play really well. 

I was just wondering if there maybe something to be read into that they were both subbed close to the hour mark? Like "you play them for at least an hour,".

Devils advocate. 

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Any of them going to massively improve the side? Not convinced myself.

Massively ? No.

I'd say  the bigger effect is on our attacking potency by using one of our most creative players as a makeshift full back  and replacing him on the wing with someone who is clearly less effective.

2 minutes ago, bozman said:

Massively ? No.

I'd say  the bigger effect is on our attacking potency by using one of our most creative players as a makeshift full back  and replacing him on the wing with someone who is clearly less effective.

Tis a funny one but nobody will convince me that the owner is insisting that he plays at left back.

9 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Tis a funny one but nobody will convince me that the owner is insisting that he plays at left back.

Maybe it’s more a case of the owner - or his brother - insisting that Branger plays, therefore in order to accommodate Nepo (who’s definitely worth his place in the team IMO) then he has to play Nepo at left-back and push Branger further forward.

Personally I’d much prefer it if we played a proper left-back and had Nepo on the left wing and Branger on the bench. Nepo is our best crosser of a ball and he’s wasted at full back.

3 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Maybe it’s more a case of the owner - or his brother - insisting that Branger plays, therefore in order to accommodate Nepo (who’s definitely worth his place in the team IMO) then he has to play Nepo at left-back and push Branger further forward.

Personally I’d much prefer it if we played a proper left-back and had Nepo on the left wing and Branger on the bench. Nepo is our best crosser of a ball and he’s wasted at full back.

We could play Lang at striker. Branger on the right, nepo in the left. That also means either cog or Vera have someone to support them...

51 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

A theory could be that Latics are being used as a showcase for certain players (so a youtube video of their best bits can be made, etc..) and then sold on for a fee, some of which might go to Latics.  A player that's played in the fourth division here is more impressive and gets more coverage than playing in the fourth division in France.  The success of the team could be irrelevant if these certain players do well individually.

Seems like a more straightforward way of making money than having to invest in the team in the vein hope that the team might be successful and therefore profitable later on.

22 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

We could play Lang at striker. Branger on the right, nepo in the left. That also means either cog or Vera have someone to support them...

I’d rather give Harry Robinson a run in the team than start Branger. 

Edited by lookersstandandy

36 minutes ago, JoeP said:

A theory could be that Latics are being used as a showcase for certain players (so a youtube video of their best bits can be made, etc..) and then sold on for a fee, some of which might go to Latics.  A player that's played in the fourth division here is more impressive and gets more coverage than playing in the fourth division in France.  The success of the team could be irrelevant if these certain players do well individually.

Seems like a more straightforward way of making money than having to invest in the team in the vein hope that the team might be successful and therefore profitable later on.

AL's more than a year in though and he hasn't sold a single player... 

25 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

AL's more than a year in though and he hasn't sold a single player... 

....therefore, either his primary motive - for a buying a failing League One football club that doesn’t own land or the only stand that has potential to make non match income, in a cold/wet part of Northern Europe - is failing, or his primary motive is something else? I can only see stupid or nefarious possible answers...

Edited by lookersstandandy

1 hour ago, welshgaz said:

Because players like Hunt are on too much money and AL wants him off the wage bill. Therefore we have to play Nepo at lb. The new lad will slot in and Nepo will push further forward and Branger will somehow still find his name in the starting 11 if AL and ML continue to pick the team.

FTFY

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

I'd like to see the video highlights of Omrami's Latics career.

Edited by BP1960