Just got back from a curry, when I saw the line up I knew we would lose! Must be the worst oldham team to ever enter the field of play. Very very sad times, playing bragner ahead of hunt with nepo further forward is unforgivable. If Scholes doesn’t get the job and be given funds, I won’t be returning for a long while. If the owner is happy for this season to fizzle out, I won’t be paying to watch it happen! 

2 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Well this season was only ever going to end one way with AL in charge. I've been concerned all along that he will take us to the National League or worse. 

The Fulham game and the fact that league 2 is dreadful this season has papered over the cracks but I have never been more concerned for our future. 

The back 4 did well and some pretty (but mostly pointless) passing in midfield but zero down the flanks or up front and if our Football Agent and his Brother are influencing team selection as is being suggested then we are beyond screwed. 

Very sad times

Well, AL is what we have got, so unless some billionaire comes along, there isn't much we can do. I don't think Latics will get relegated and if AL and his brother are influencing team selections, then Scholes will not be making an appearance, in my opinion. 

defence keeper and midfield ok certainly for this division , we need two strikers without a doubt. Lang now trying to do too much to make up the slack after Surridge has gone  , don't like slagging off our players but Branger  is a poor mans Nepo and Vera !! well

As others have said its a piss poor league if MK Dons are a  top 3 team  the difference is their front two , hope Scholes knows some good young strikers

Agree on Branger, works hard but has absolutely zero end product. Vera won very little and is way too slow, the only way to get anything from him will be to fire crosses to the penalty spot, cos that’s about as far as his legs carry him. O’Grady a slightly better version of Vera. Overall though, I thought we played pretty well despite the result and probably created more.

6 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

2 good players off being a force in this division.

Fine margins, consistency and confidence along with scholes to teach them basic football.

It's nearer 3 or 4 and a manager who is allowed to pick the best team then we might do something it's crap this league and their are 4 teams who can get promoted. It's not a difficult league to get out of.

Edited by GlossopLatic

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

It's nearer 3 or 4 and a manager who is allowed to pick the best team then we might do something it's crap this league and their are 4 teams who can get promoted. It's not a difficult league to get out of.

I respect your opinion but I disagree.

2 new decent forwards and players in their best positions would see a massive change in fortunes. The squad has some decent players for this level they just need to be played in a way that makes us a threat going forward.

I think going forward is our main area of concern, goalkeeper is fine, defence is fine, midfield is fine also, up top we have nothing.

27 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

He’s tidy on the ball Alf, I’ll agree with that.... but he doesn’t threaten a great deal, it’s all in front of the opposition.

Bit hard to find a cutting pass with zero movement ahead of you. Our best footballer by a distance. 

Baxter should be ashamed after his rant.

We pass the ball well but our passes are hit far too softly and we lose all momentum by the time we get around the penalty area.

The trouble is half the teams first touch is abysmal. Why it is that two experienced strikers like Vera and O’Grady can’t finish or control a bloody football is beyond belief.

Thank the lord their contracts are up in June as another season watching those two would seriously finish me off!