My Charity Appeal

This may not be the best ever timing given the recent Salford City statement, but I need to do this asap.

Whilst we are in limbo over the will he, won’t he (Scholes) situation, I am making an appeal. I’ve decided (with permission from above [admin]) to place the thread in here to capture as many potential sponsors as possible. So here goes.

Some of you know that my wife has Multiple Sclerosis. It is an awful, debilitating illness that robbed Shirley of her career when she was diagnosed over 20 years ago. There is no cure. It is for life and will only deteriorate over time. Consequently, the Multiple Sclerosis Trust is a charity that is close to my heart.

This is what I am doing to raise much needed funds for the MS Trust. For the whole of 2019, I am not having my hair or beard cut. Some of you will know that I don’t have much to start off with, but it is growing. Slowly, slowly. I actually started the process at Christmas, so I’m expecting a fairly luxurious growth by the end of the year.

Now for the fun bit. At the end of November, I am having my hair and beard dyed. In blue, white and tangerine. God knows where I got the idea for those colours! Although blue and white are the MS Trust colours. How coincidental.

If any of you fine, upstanding citizens would like to sponsor me (or just look at the photos each month), there is a Virgin Money Giving page

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/NoBeardOrHairCut

known as

VirginMoneyGiving | Pete's No Beard or Hair Cuts 2019

Here is some information about MS - www.mstrust.org.uk/about-ms/what-ms/ms-facts

and how the MS Trust helps those with the illness -  www.mstrust.org.uk/.

For those that can give any amount, no matter how small, a GREAT BIG THANK YOU.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, leeslover said:

Bloody hell, we'll be able to rent you out as a scarecrow! But an excellent cause, good luck meeting your target.

Now there's an idea. Can we do it in summer time when the weather is a bit warmer? Don't fancy standing in a field right now. Thanks for the good wishes.

3 hours ago, leeslover said:

Bloody hell, we'll be able to rent you out as a scarecrow!

You can talk. 

Excellent cause, will chip in on Friday (payday). Looking forward to seeing how this develops. 

2 minutes ago, 4oakslatic said:

I’ve donated and wish you both well, looking forward to spotting you at a match or two👍

Fantastic :chubb:. Thanks so much. If all goes according to plan, my very good friend, Mac, and I will be at Crawley.

43 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Fantastic :chubb:. Thanks so much. If all goes according to plan, my very good friend, Mac, and I will be at Crawley.

Have you any other games pencilled in? Apart from the obvious cup semi and final. 

Will donate next month Pete, had a few large outgoings since Xmas. 

As the wife of the man growing his hair and beard for MS Trust this year, THANK YOU to all those who sponsored him today. @Bristolatic is really chuffed and I am very grateful.

This is early days for the challenge - a long time until I can put his hair in bunches and plait his beard.

Only joking (oh no she isn't).

Thanks everyone.

21 hours ago, BristolaticMrs said:

As the wife of the man growing his hair and beard for MS Trust this year, THANK YOU to all those who sponsored him today. @Bristolatic is really chuffed and I am very grateful.

This is early days for the challenge - a long time until I can put his hair in bunches and plait his beard.

Only joking (oh no she isn't).

Thanks everyone.

Now you have your own username on here I would suggest you run an eye over Petes prediction league entries, not been the best of years for him prediction wise. 😁

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

Now you have your own username on here I would suggest you run an eye over Petes prediction league entries, not been the best of years for him prediction wise. 😁

Thank you @disjointed I will indeed when I can find the key to the secret place where he hides them on here! 😉

The URL has changed in the last few minutes to better reflect the purpose of the Challenge that I have taken on. You are invited to share this, especially if you have already shared the original URL. 

If you have already donated, be assured that your donation is safe and will help MS Trust as planned. If you have bookmarked the Virgin Money Giving site, please update accordingly.

The opening post has been edited, but here is the new URL

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/NoBeardOrHairCut

We have received two "Anonymous" donations on Virgin Money Giving; one placed his name in the comments, so a personal "Thank you" is on its way via PM. We have no idea who the other person is but, if it was an OWTB member, "thank you" also. Both donations were Gift Aided, so that helps even more as do all the others who did the same.

It's Monday, time to update everyone about the Fund across both Fundraiser sites, Facebook and Virgin.

The joint target is £1000

The joint donations, so far, are

£350
35%

Those donations were made in 

1 week
with 51 to go

Amazing progress, and @Bristolatic's hair is growing well too.

Archived