Jump to content
HarryBosch

From the board that brought you Wellens v Whittaker - Corney v Lemsagam?

Recommended Posts

A year in, give or take,  what are we thinking - were we better off under Corney or are we better off now under Lemsagam? 

 

Was "careful what you wish for" accurate? 

 

ūüćŅ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, latics22 said:

That’s like choosing between hitler and starlin!

Hmmm that's pretty much where I am with it all...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For a lot of years Corney was the only game in town and it appeared to be pretty clear he couldn't sustain it for much longer.

 

Now it seems equally evident that Lemsagam is the only game in town and we don't know whether or not he can sustain it.

 

So on that basis Lemsagam shades it.  Not the most definitive conclusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, latics22 said:

That’s like choosing between hitler and starlin!

 

I was going to use Corbyn and May although I didn't want to go on about Politics anymore today.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, latics22 said:

That’s like choosing between hitler and starlin!

 

There's a chance for a magnificent period of bird related punning here but I'll settle for don't be a tit.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a serious note If Corney and his mates had run the club close to properly then we would have attracted a higher calibre of owner. Instead their legacy is a botched job at stadium redevelopment, unclear ownership of assets and an owner who we have no idea or not if he knows what he's doing.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Corney was an actual crook, it’s only really

come to light since his departure. Up until then he still had some die hard supporters on this forum.

 

Abdallah is a chancer who probably deep down has good intentions but evidently has a raging ego problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everytime I think Lemsagem may be the biggest weapon for his tantrum sackings and team interference, I remember that Corney decided that he should have a brick in the new stand with his name written in gold letters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Corney was an actual crook, it’s only really

come to light since his departure. Up until then he still had some die hard supporters on this forum.

 

Abdallah is a chancer who probably deep down has good intentions but evidently has a raging ego problem.

It’s been suggested to me by someone that deals with the club that the new owner is also a crook.

 

Rock and a hard place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When TTA took the club on from the administrator and we began with a clean slate, they got the land as part of the deal. Whilst they probably fancied their chances of playing at football ownership for a while - in the liquidity abundant times pre credit crunch - they always had their insurance policy to fall back on. It was therefore easy to see/understand their motives.

 

The "We'll only call in the loan if/when the club gets back to the Premier League" nonsense was a smokescreen, they'd already taken the loan back in the land value / ability to redevelop it. Hey presto, houses built behind the Chaddy End and further beyond whether they're ready.

 

When two of them fooked off, the remaining clown stayed because he enjoyed the lifestyle, attention & notoriety of football ownership. He didn't really care about the long term future of the club. He had no Plan beyond surviving the next bill. Hygiene factors such as paying people on time or at all, not being served winding up orders or turning to loan sharks, went out the window.

 

So, when Mr. Lemsagam arrived, it is only sensible to ask the question....Why would a Moroccan football agent living in Dubai buy a struggling League One football club that didn’t own its land/ground, the only stand that has potential to earn non match day revenue and - if you take him at his word - move his family (although his recent sojourn to Dubai suggests he hasn't done this) to a very cold & wet part of Northern Europe? I'm still yet to work it out.....?

 

....which (again) - if you take him at his word that he's in it for the long term (however he defines that) - if he's any good/wants to be successful, requires him to have a Plan for addressing infrastructure, facilities, personnel, marketing.... and most important of all, Capital!

 

Yet, 12 months on, he has no effective Board of Directors, no Chief Exec, he's contributed to a relegation, he's hired/fired at will with numerous reports of disgruntled ex employees both playing/non paying, issues with hygiene factors have continued into his tenure, we have no 1st team manager nearly 1 month after the last one was sacked, the youth set up are bereft of coaches..... need I go on?

Edited by lookersstandandy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Corney was an actual crook, it’s only really

come to light since his departure. Up until then he still had some die hard supporters on this forum.

 

Abdallah is a chancer who probably deep down has good intentions but evidently has a raging ego problem.

Oh I remember those days, getting absolute pelters for calling out Corney on a regular basis and having to defend myself for not going to see him when he called me out.

 

What I will say about Corney though is he recognised when the team need strengthening either it be the manager on the playing side or a combination of both, strangely if he was still here and not bankrupted us I think we'd still be a League 1 club and I've spoke to friends who've worked for him and have a very high opinion of the bloke, personally felt he was way out of his depth and it was the right time for him to move on.

 

This new bloke has already contributed to a relegation and is overseeing an absolute pantomime of a club at the minute, sacks the whole coaching team just before the window, installs his brother as Sporting Director and fucks off out of sight no doubt until the window reopens, patience amongst the fan base will start to wear extremely thin if he continues to fuck about without any semblance of a plan and he's getting to the stage where the honeymoon period will be well and truly over, let's hope he can sort his shit out before it's too late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Corney was an actual crook, it’s only really

come to light since his departure. Up until then he still had some die hard supporters on this forum.

 

Abdallah is a chancer who probably deep down has good intentions but evidently has a raging ego problem.

Not many crooks invest substantial amounts of money to support a failing football club for 14 years, and before you throw the asset stripping card on the table... when the 3 amigos took over the club, we were in administration, the best players had already left and the ground was owned by the council. But please enlighten me on how he is a crook, no doubt the crown prosecution services will be eagerly awaiting your evidence!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

When TTA took the club on from the administrator and we began with a clean slate, they got the land as part of the deal. Whilst they probably fancied their chances of playing at football ownership for a while - in the liquidity abundant times pre credit crunch - they always had their insurance policy to fall back on. It was therefore easy to see/understand their motives.

 

The "We'll only call in the loan if/when the club gets back to the Premier League" nonsense was a smokescreen, they'd already taken the loan back in the land value / ability to redevelop it. Hey presto, houses built behind the Chaddy End and further beyond whether they're ready.

 

When two of them fooked off, the remaining clown stayed because he enjoyed the lifestyle, attention & notoriety of football ownership. He didn't really care about the long term future of the club. He had no Plan beyond surviving the next bill. Hygiene factors such as paying people on time or at all, not being served winding up orders or turning to loan sharks, went out the window.

 

So, when Mr. Lemsagam arrived, it is only sensible to ask the question....Why would a Moroccan football agent living in Dubai buy a struggling League One football club that didn’t own its land/ground, the only stand that has potential to earn non match day revenue and - if you take him at his word - move his family (although his recent sojourn to Dubai suggests he hasn't done this) to a very cold & wet part of Northern Europe? I'm still yet to work it out.....?

 

....which (again) - if you take him at his word that he's in it for the long term (however he defines that) - if he's any good/wants to be successful, requires him to have a Plan for addressing infrastructure, facilities, personnel, marketing.... and most important of all, Capital!

 

Yet, 12 months on, he has no effective Board of Directors, no Chief Exec, he's contributed to a relegation, he's hired/fired at will with numerous reports of disgruntled ex employees both playing/non paying, issues with hygiene factors have continued into his tenure, we have no 1st team manager nearly 1 month after the last one was sacked, the youth set up are bereft of coaches..... need I go on?

I guess the real question is are we in a better place than we were a year ago, or a year prior to the takeover.
Jan 28th 201Jan 218we were 22nd in L1 having lost to  Plymouth

Jan 28th 2017 we were 23rd in L1 having lost to Bradford


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

When TTA took the club on from the administrator and we began with a clean slate, they got the land as part of the deal. Whilst they probably fancied their chances of playing at football ownership for a while - in the liquidity abundant times pre credit crunch - they always had their insurance policy to fall back on. It was therefore easy to see/understand their motives.

No they didn’t they bought the land back from the council for £3m , and could quite easily pulled out once this was acquired, knocked the ground down and built a retail park or housing complex and left us in the s..t like Chris More did ...!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mad4it said:

No they didn’t they bought the land back from the council for £3m , and could quite easily pulled out once this was acquired, knocked the ground down and built a retail park or housing complex and left us in the s..t like Chris More did ...!!!!

 

Semantics..... they took on the club, only on the proviso they got the land [at the same price the council bought it for, when it was likely worth more]..... they had looked at buying Hull City prior to Latics, but couldn't get the same assurances on Boothferry Park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had to guarantee to play football for ten years I believe.

 

Corney would have kept us in league 1 waiting for a gullible person to come along and buy a worthless football club.

 

The gullible person relegated my team, gave me a scarf and has the interpersonal skills of a brick wall.  The sooner he puts his name on a brick and finds another gullible person to buy our worthless football club the better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×