From the board that brought you Wellens v Whittaker - Corney v Lemsagam?

9 minutes ago, underdog said:

sorry decided I needed a bath....The SLO is for your matchday/club experience/issues. It is seperate to what the Trust does which i have mentioned on a previous thread from another posted who quoted the same line,

The club should be holding fan/club meetings three times a season. They haven't so far

Again we have digressed onto a different topic. There is a seperate pinned trust thread for questions so any of the Trust team then does not miss any questions on reams/pages of thread if you log off for a bit

Thanks

Thanks for the clarification, like the majority of the fans I’m concerned about the future of the club 

1 minute ago, mad4it said:

Thanks for the clarification, like the majority of the fans I’m concerned about the future of the club 

Totally agree and so is the Trust, hence the ACV in place. The Trust rep is the person who has legal entitlement/responsibilities of the business of OAFC once they take up the role

The SLO is fans linked to the club for you matchday experience (home and away) and any customer service issues around the club

Like i have said, we have kidnapped this thread. If you have any questions please post them in the pinned thread so the Trust team can respond. There is also relevant info on there so your questions could have been already answered by a previous poster.

1 hour ago, mad4it said:

1. The point I’m making is that they had obligation to stick around once acquired the reason for taking over the club ie the land . This would have left us in the same position as Bradford Park Avenue - playing Sunday league football.....

2..... you call corney uselesd, but at least under him we had a CEO and board of directors.

3. His plans to build a new ground were scuppered on numerous occasions by the local dog walkers and allotment users 

1. I'm lost on the point you're making..... as that appears to be the same thing I've already said.....

2. That should highlight to those who defend him, how woefully Lemsagam is running the club.....

3. His? It was Blitz's plan to move to Failsworth so he could maximise the value of BP.... Corney was a bit part player in that....

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

1. I'm lost on the point you're making..... as that appears to be the same thing I've already said.....

2. That should highlight to those who defend him, how woefully Lemsagam is running the club.....

3. His? It was Blitz's plan to move to Failsworth so he could maximise the value of BP.... Corney was a bit part player in that....

The point I’m making is that corney wasn’t as bad as the picture you paint of him.

you also claim the 3 amigos had already claimed the loans  back in the value of the land and the house built on it ... the brought the land back from the council , so any profit they made from it was there’s in the first place, in the same sense that if you sell your house any profit made on it will be yours to keep and not the previous owner !!!!

45 minutes ago, mad4it said:

.....the brought the land back from the council , so any profit they made from it was there’s in the first place, in the same sense that if you sell your house any profit made on it will be yours to keep and not the previous owner !!!!

.....yes.... but the profit they could make by building on the land was significantly more than the £3m they got it for.... hence, any money they pumped into the football club - in the early days, presumably with good intensions - they were always able to claw back via the land.

Like @underdog said, I am partially grateful they saved us from liquidation, but it was also clear that they had a Plan (and I could therefore understand their motivation) to recoup their losses if it went tits up. It went tits up.....

Edited by lookersstandandy

13 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

He was. 

So let’s do the maths , AL is claiming to be putting £200k a month in to the club to keep it afloat, which suggests that (initially) the TTA  (and latterly)  corney (wether financed by Blitz or not (and assuming similar costs ( although I’m sure they would have been higher because of the higher league position))) , they would have “invested” close to £34m during the 24 years they “owned” the club .., clearly set of bad b....rd’s the lot of them!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, mad4it said:

So let’s do the maths , AL is claiming to be putting £200k a month in to the club to keep it afloat, which suggests that (initially) the TTA  (and latterly)  corney (wether financed by Blitz or not (and assuming similar costs ( although I’m sure they would have been higher because of the higher league position))) , they would have “invested” close to £34m during the 24 years they “owned” the club .., clearly set of bad b....rd’s the lot of them!!!!!!

Is that plus or minus the several million made from sales and cup runs? Oh, and selling sell-on clauses?

5 minutes ago, mad4it said:

:petesake:

3 hours ago, mad4it said:

The point I’m making is that they had obligation to stick around once acquired the reason for taking over the club ie the land . This would have left us in the same position as Bradford Park Avenue - playing Sunday league football, you call corney uselesd, but at least under him we had a CEO and board of directors. His plans to build a new ground were scuppered on numerous occasions by the local dog walkers and allotment users 

That’s a fair point, a new ground he would have deserved every brick within his name in (wine disclaimer)

1 hour ago, mad4it said:

The point I’m making is that corney wasn’t as bad as the picture you paint of him.

you also claim the 3 amigos had already claimed the loans  back in the value of the land and the house built on it ... the brought the land back from the council , so any profit they made from it was there’s in the first place, in the same sense that if you sell your house any profit made on it will be yours to keep and not the previous owner !!!!

You seem to have good knowledge of the workings of the club for somebody with a Man City username ...

19 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

.....yes.... but the profit they could make by building on the land was significantly more than the £3m they got it for.... hence, any money they pumped into the football club - in the early days, presumably with good intensions - they were always able to claw back via the land.

Like @underdog said, I am partially grateful they saved us from liquidation, but it was also clear that they had a Plan (and I could therefore understand their motivation) to recoup their losses if it went tits up. It went tits up.....

Apart from a couple of dozen houses on the site of the former Clayton Arms (which the club made no money from , because JW Lees owned the pouring rights) , the site remains largely undeveloped , so you can hardly say that they’ve made large swaithes of money from the land (at best they’ve broken even) ,I’m not sure about your understanding of economics, but the purpose of any business is to make money, yes had things gone to plan the car park would now be a housing estate, and they may have made a few quid, but in the same sense we would have had a nice new ground and the borough of Oldham would had had improved (amateur) sporting facilities 

3 hours ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Should we be wary of somebody who has turned up from nowhere to apparently become are saviour??

AL has alledgedly ironed out the majority of our debts and for that he should be given some credit, on the flip side we now have a limited amount of staff at the club from the first team, office and  to the juniors..I will always ask why would a sane minded person take over a football club where he would be throwing away his hard earned money without the possibility of ever recouping the same amount unless you unearth a Messi..

What were the motives of a foreigner coming to Oldham with an average fanbase of 4,000 and always languishing at the lower end of league one , in the shadow of the two prem clubs and locals preferring to cheer them on the TV..

We are currently watching the worst team i have seen in my 36 years supporting us..

The Tta before AL saved us at the last minute and kept us afloat and seemed to have the right intentions at first before it became clear they would be wanting to get their money back by selling land and then two of them walking away leaving Corney to deal with it..

I struggle to see why anyone would like to own a football club unless money was absolutely no object, it makes you question if there are alterior motives of owning our club if you dont invest..

All seems a bit dodgy to me and especially when Simon Blitz popped up at Fulham, is AL an aquitance of the tta...Just a thought..

Allegedly being very important! Can u imagine, the outstanding debts having been paid and we still owe the scouse debt! Is there a time scale on accounts being submitted, if u have nothing to hide, why hide it ?

1 minute ago, mad4it said:

1. Apart from a couple of dozen houses on the site of the former Clayton Arms.... so you can hardly say they’ve made large swaithes of money from the land....

2. I’m not sure about your understanding of economics....

1. Yet.

2. I have a degree in Mathematics & Statistics & am the Managing Director of a business.

23 minutes ago, mad4it said:

Make up your mind. You said Corney wasn’t as bad but now you’re talking about the other 2? Corney (singular) was a wrongun. 

12 minutes ago, mad4it said:

Apart from a couple of dozen houses on the site of the former Clayton Arms (which the club made no money from , because JW Lees owned the pouring rights) , the site remains largely undeveloped , so you can hardly say that they’ve made large swaithes of money from the land (at best they’ve broken even) ,I’m not sure about your understanding of economics, but the purpose of any business is to make money, yes had things gone to plan the car park would now be a housing estate, and they may have made a few quid, but in the same sense we would have had a nice new ground and the borough of Oldham would had had improved (amateur) sporting facilities 

There was planning for 90 house, behind the chaddy which would include the loss of little wembly (45 have been built)...I was looking at the line of sight and losing little wembly could still happen subject to road access.

Then you have the land and car park the club sits on

Then you have the land that goes at the back of the frizzell stand, partially sold for the renal unit and up sheepfoot lane. That did have planning permission to build was to be NHS staff flats, four stories high, with health centre. Still room to develop around there

GMSF back on the agenda with open consultation for green belt land to be grabbed, there is a motion that those developers who had/have planning permission should be force to complete their house builds before greenbelt losses.

There is still money to be made

26 minutes ago, maddog said:

Is that plus or minus the several million made from sales and cup runs? Oh, and selling sell-on clauses?

What cup runs (they were few and far between) and the last player we sold was big money was earl barrett, as for the (Tarkowski)  sell on clause , it was a case of damned if you do and damned if you don’t (and the money from selling it , may have kept the wolves from the door (and kept the club afloat) we lost money by refusing to sell on the Micah Richards clause (and ended up with nothing) , we also list money when Chris Porter shafted us by f..king off Motherwell