From the board that brought you Wellens v Whittaker - Corney v Lemsagam?

39 minutes ago, mad4it said:

Not many crooks invest substantial amounts of money to support a failing football club for 14 years, and before you throw the asset stripping card on the table... when the 3 amigos took over the club, we were in administration, the best players had already left and the ground was owned by the council. But please enlighten me on how he is a crook, no doubt the crown prosecution services will be eagerly awaiting your evidence!!!

Hiya Si, we all miss you really :D

14 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Semantics..... they took on the club, only on the proviso they got the land [at the same price the council bought it for, when it was likely worth more]..... they had looked at buying Hull City prior to Latics, but couldn't get the same assurances on Boothferry Park.

But the fact still remain, they could have walked away from the club 14 years ago, and left the club in the same deep  sh.t , that Chris Moore left it in i.e in administration with no assets. 

Likely worth more, now there’s an ambiguous statement ? 

13 minutes ago, mad4it said:

But the fact still remain, they could have walked away from the club 14 years ago, and left the club in the same deep  sh.t , that Chris Moore left it in i.e in administration with no assets. 

So, what assetts have we got?

Just now, jorvik_latic said:

Registered for 10 years, first post yesterday! Hmmm. Hi Si.

Erm, why the hell would corney, be interested in posting on here , before , but the recent events at the (to quote Davieset al) the circus, prompted me to do do, I was also curious as to why the trust who are supposed to the fans representatives at the club, have been silent through out , sti waiting to be enlightened!!!! The 

5 minutes ago, underdog said:

knowledgeable yet playful with testing the waters...did get me curious the recent postings

Knowledgeable? It’s called research , simple to carry out , particularly as we now have a handy new tools like the internet and search engines , it certainly beats the blinkered the 3 amigos haters . 

20 minutes ago, mad4it said:

For clarity, this isn't a thread about Chris Moore - a bone fide, proven in court crook. It's Corney/TTA vs Lemsagam.....

....when the TTA were presented with the land [2004] for the same price the Hiretarget plc [The council/Brookhouse developments] bought it from Brierley [1999], presumably there was some commitment to the club required. Equally, the period between 1999-2004 saw land values rise all over the country....

In the end, it's immaterial.... because Two-A's fooked off after 6 years with the land and left us with One-A, who was fookin useless.....

Edited by lookersstandandy

2 minutes ago, mad4it said:

Knowledgeable? It’s called research , simple to carry out , particularly as we now have a handy new tools like the internet and search engines , it certainly beats the blinkered the 3 amigos haters . 

I certainly don't hate them, they saved the club.....but if we had a crystal ball about what our best plans and how they would turn out.

10 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

For clarity, this isn't a thread about Chris Moore - a bone fide, proven in court crook. It's Corney/TTA vs Lemsagam.....

For clarity, it’s called supporting evidence, used to emphasise a point in question in the case the claim that the 3 amigos only took over the club because of the land , that may have been one of their primary objectives, but only they can confirm that . However once they attained their pot of gold, they could have pulled the plug, in the same way that Chris Moore did  

4 minutes ago, mad4it said:

For clarity, it’s called supporting evidence, used to emphasise a point in question in the case the claim that the 3 amigos only took over the club because of the land , that may have been one of their primary objectives, but only they can confirm that . However once they attained their pot of gold, they could have pulled the plug, in the same way that Chris Moore did  

What point are you arguing....?..... my original post said this....

"When TTA took the club on from the administrator and we began with a clean slate, they got the land as part of the deal. Whilst they probably fancied their chances of playing at football ownership for a while - in the liquidity abundant times pre credit crunch - they always had their insurance policy to fall back on. It was therefore easy to see/understand their motives."

Edited by lookersstandandy

5 minutes ago, mad4it said:

I have no doubt that in the later years of Corney's reign, it has been Blitz and Gazal that have kept us ticking over subject to securities. I am not having a pop here and if i was a lending a regular high amount of money I would do the same

In fact the club could not have been sold to Al without Blitz's permission with regards to the debentures secured against the 97% shares that Corney had.

Edited by underdog

12 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

What point are you arguing....?..... my original post said this....

"When TTA took the club on from the administrator and we began with a clean slate, they got the land as part of the deal. Whilst they probably fancied their chances of playing at football ownership for a while - in the liquidity abundant times pre credit crunch - they always had their insurance policy to fall back on. It was therefore easy to see/understand their motives."

The point I’m making is that they had no obligation to stick around once acquired the reason for taking over the club ie the land . This would have left us in the same position as Bradford Park Avenue - playing Sunday league football, you call corney uselesd, but at least under him we had a CEO and board of directors. His plans to build a new ground were scuppered on numerous occasional asions by the local dog walkers and allotment users 

Edited by mad4it

40 minutes ago, mad4it said:

Erm, why the hell would corney, be interested in posting on here , before , but the recent events at the (to quote Davieset al) the circus, prompted me to do do, I was also curious as to why the trust who are supposed to the fans representatives at the club, have been silent through out , sti waiting to be enlightened!!!! The 

Not my place to enlighten. Soz.

4 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

We would have had more fun and success if we just went bust in 04 and did a Wimbledon.

Wimbledon didn’t go bust, they were bought out by a franchise, who as soon as the agreement to stay in Wimbledon expired, they moved the club to Milton Keynes and rebranded the club  as MK Dons

Should we be wary of somebody who has turned up from nowhere to apparently become are saviour??

AL has alledgedly ironed out the majority of our debts and for that he should be given some credit, on the flip side we now have a limited amount of staff at the club from the first team, office and  to the juniors..I will always ask why would a sane minded person take over a football club where he would be throwing away his hard earned money without the possibility of ever recouping the same amount unless you unearth a Messi..

What were the motives of a foreigner coming to Oldham with an average fanbase of 4,000 and always languishing at the lower end of league one , in the shadow of the two prem clubs and locals preferring to cheer them on the TV..

We are currently watching the worst team i have seen in my 36 years supporting us..

The Tta before AL saved us at the last minute and kept us afloat and seemed to have the right intentions at first before it became clear they would be wanting to get their money back by selling land and then two of them walking away leaving Corney to deal with it..

I struggle to see why anyone would like to own a football club unless money was absolutely no object, it makes you question if there are alterior motives of owning our club if you dont invest..

All seems a bit dodgy to me and especially when Simon Blitz popped up at Fulham, is AL an aquitance of the tta...Just a thought..

5 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Not my place to enlighten. Soz.

Taken from the mission statement on the trusts website 

“Working with the Supporter Liaison Officer, Trust Oldham will help to provide a structured communication channel for Oldham Athletic fans” 

The words here being  structured communication ... soz 

21 minutes ago, mad4it said:

“Working with the Supporter Liaison Officer, Trust Oldham will help to provide a structured communication channel for Oldham Athletic fans” 

Still not my place. Soz. 

42 minutes ago, mad4it said:

sorry decided I needed a bath....The SLO is for your matchday/club experience/issues. It is seperate to what the Trust does which i have mentioned on a previous thread from another posted who quoted the same line,

The club should be holding fan/club meetings three times a season. They haven't so far

Again we have digressed onto a different topic. There is a seperate pinned trust thread for questions so any of the Trust team then does not miss any questions on reams/pages of thread if you log off for a bit

Thanks

Edited by underdog