FA Cup, League 2, AL, Wild, Team Selection & Scholes

1 hour ago, singe said:

The average wages for the whole of League 2 is £87,000.

I don't know the average managers salary, but £300k will be on the highest side, but I don't think he is pricing himsef out of the job from the start at that price.

I suspect he’d be the highest paid League Two manager at £300k/year. 

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Yes, 300k a year is what Scholes wants, that's what was agreed, up to Lemsagam to make that happen, if not then Scholes will not be taking the job.

If this was ‘agreed’ as you say then he’d be the manager already wouldn’t he??

How can you possibly know the figures involved.

Why would Scholes or Lemsagam put the salary details out to all and sundry...it makes no sense at all.

£300k. That’s about 20000 extra bums on seats over a season. 800 a match? Quite conceivable with a successful team .  

Not even factoring in possible additional sponsorship because of “the name” of Scholes  . Plus the “saving” on what a Bunn might have been paid , possibly £40k

It would be a gamble but ....

9 hours ago, Paul said:

LOL there is absolutely no chance of a 300k salary at Oldham for a manager and any club in League two for that matter!

Tisdale won't be far behind the door so hardly a stretch to think that a top name in English football would be looking to be paid accordingly.

16 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

Cant be bothered posting on several current discussions so this is an all in one post.

FA Cup -  As disappointing as it is to exit, especially in the circumstances and the controversy of those final moments, we should be proud, the cup run has lifted the fans this season with some fantastic followings and some glowing recognition from media and other clubs stating how great our fans have been. Our away followings at times give me goose bumps and show how much we care about this club. We've had a decent run, it could have been better but considering our current situation I think it has lifted the club and we have had some positive publicity.

League 2 - Yes it's not great but we are there because of years of neglect and poor decisions on and off the pitch. We are in reach of the play offs so our season is NOT over, no matter what anybody says. The league is poor and the teams at the top have a little more guile and grind out wins, they are not great shakes and I put it down to a little bit of consistency, something we haven't shown.  We are not that far off but maybe it won't happen this season, we have to hope that improvements will be made to ensure we make a better go of it either in the next 3 months or next season.

AL - I can't read this fella, there are lots of negative comments about him but we have to give him more time, surely. He owns the club and he is the one who has ended Corney's years of demise. I'm on the fence with AL just yet, time will tell.

I know a chairman of another club who thinks the guy is nuts tho.

Wild - He won't take the job, he would be nuts to and you can sense that in his interviews. He should be proud of himself and we should be proud of a fellow fan for steadying the ship this last few weeks, nothing has been his fault and whatever decision he makes on match days, he can't please us all, we all have different opinions on who should play and style of play etc. I thank him for his professionalism and his obvious love of the club, real fan living the dream or nightmare maybe, good luck to him and I hope he goes back working behind the scenes for his own security and sanity.

Team Selection - Well the rumours are that AL is interfering with the match day stuff. This might be the case but I haven't seen any evidence of this just rumours. Maybe that is why Bunn got sacked, for challenging him and rightly so, but there will always only be one winner, AL, the boss , the man who now employs the management. I don't agree with it and I don't think he should be meddling in match day affairs on the pitch.

Scholes - I believe he will be our next manager. Too many things this week have led me to make this statement. The time it has taken, I think this is down to the legality of his 10% Salford share, which would need addressing first. Then the Beckham announcement and the fact that Scholes did not say he wouldn't be our manager, he said "nothing to report"

He was again at the game yesterday, why ? he doesn't follow us home and away, he usually attends the Salford games when he can.

So I think this will happen and I think AL will have to step back a little, I think scholes will have players in mind and already in place to boost the team. The plan might be for an assault on the league next season and possibly a better chance of further investment to help achieve this.

Just remember its only a game, and yes its crap at times but hopefully over the next few days the club will get that long awaited messiah which will put us back on the map for a while and give us all a bit of optimism for the future.

Glass half full and proud of it !!!

P.s    just a note to the usual culprits, I don't bother reading your responses or posts, the other 97% of posters offer much better, balanced and grown up opinions

That is a great and realistic summary. On we go!

IMO...If Scholes is demanding that Al doesnt interfere with the team selection, and stays out of the dressing room, then I for one, think that Scholes may be the one to bring him to his senses. Al may be the owner, but I dont think he has made his money by being stupid. This is not only a once in a generation chance to bring in such a high profile name for the club....but for Al too.Give it a chance man...you never know. IF it all goes T..s up, then its back to plan A, but at least you would have gained some respect for trying to do the right thing.

Apparently we haven’t settled the contracts of Wellens or Bunn.  This may be ALs way of suggesting shite manager / tactics is gross misconduct.  Tom Cruise would struggle making a successful team from our squad possible so unfair on Frankie.

FB was on a reported £40k per annum so where has AL rustled up 7.5x that amount to secure Scholes? If he has then that’s madness because that money could be used towards a striker, midfielder plus a decent coach/manager at L2 level.

14 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Apparently we haven’t settled the contracts of Wellens or Bunn.  This may be ALs way of suggesting shite manager / tactics is gross misconduct.  Tom Cruise would struggle making a successful team from our squad possible so unfair on Frankie.

FB was on a reported £40k per annum so where has AL rustled up 7.5x that amount to secure Scholes? If he has then that’s madness because that money could be used towards a striker, midfielder plus a decent coach/manager at L2 level.

Appointing managers on the cheap hasn't exactly been a route to success for us in recent times...