Trust Oldham - Meeting with Brassbank INFO as of 30/01/19

18 minutes ago, mad4it said:

Ooh aren’t we all gown up using all them grown up word, I would never dream of call anyone a c..t whether in jest or not ... thank goodness you’re longer on the trust 

Cool story. Think you may need to visit mumsnet instead of a football message board, they don’t use the sweary words on there. 

32 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Mad4it needs to stay in a dark room for a few days. Strange character. 

Yes very strange, I foolish believed that this was message board we’re fans could express their opinions and concerns , little did I expect the thought police to be so prevalent ... “it was a bright cold day in April , and the clocks were striking 13” 

1 hour ago, mad4it said:

Yes very strange, I foolish believed that this was message board we’re fans could express their opinions and concerns , little did I expect the thought police to be so prevalent ... “it was a bright cold day in April , and the clocks were striking 13” 

Ok, I didn't want to distract from the issues in hand. I'm a bit under the weather but I'll try and drag myself to the White Hart and tell Harry what I think of him off line.

1 hour ago, mad4it said:

Ah, 1984. Great novel about totalitarianism and censorship. Wonder what he'd make of calls to ban someone from an internet forum in 2019 for calling a cunt a cunt. From his musings on swearing in Down And Out In Paris And London, I think that he would think it was bollocks. 

"Of its very nature swearing is as irrational as magic—indeed, it is a species of magic."

15 minutes ago, rosa said:

Ah, 1984. Great novel about totalitarianism and censorship. Wonder what he'd make of calls to ban someone from an internet forum in 2019 for calling a cunt a cunt. From his musings on swearing in Down And Out In Paris And London, I think that he would think it was bollocks. 

"Of its very nature swearing is as irrational as magic—indeed, it is a species of magic."

:lol: 

Hoisted with your own petard there mad4it. 

26 minutes ago, rosa said:

Absolute quality.

27 minutes ago, rosa said:

😂

Tip o th cap to you. 

32 minutes ago, rosa said:

Double upboat. 

44 minutes ago, rosa said:

I have missed Rosa....being another female and all, we are a rare species on this board are we not...hahah

3 hours ago, rosa said:

Orwell is not the only one with views the rights and wrongs of swearing . George Washington wrote “The foolish and wicked practice of profane cursing and swearing ... is a vice mean and low, without any temptation , that any man of sense and character detests and despises it”

Edited by mad4it
typo

20 minutes ago, mad4it said:

Orwell is not the only one with views the rights and wrongs of swearing . George Washy wrote “The foolish and wicked practice of profane cursing and swearing ... is a vice mean and low, without any temptation , that any man of sense and character detests and despises it”

That's probably why I've never heard of the cunt. 

9 minutes ago, rosa said:

That's probably why I've never heard of the cunt. 

It was a typing error should have said George Washington quite famous quote really , but I’m sure the British force he defeated at Princeton and Yorktown thought (as you suggest) that he was a c..t !

On 2/16/2019 at 9:31 AM, mad4it said:

Ooh aren’t we all gown up using all them grown up word, I would never dream of call anyone a c..t whether in jest or not ... thank goodness you’re longer on the trust 

If either of those two cunts wants to call me a cunt that’s our cunting business not any other cunt’s.