Trust Oldham - Meeting with Brassbank INFO as of 30/01/19

33 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Aren't season ticket holders automatic trust members?

HI BP

I am afraid not as per Jorvik above and change was voted for and agreed at the AGM in 2017 (I'm sure). 

Its just taken this long to launch again, GDPR came in last year, finding a capable person with the skillset to help develop/launch a site and all. timescales for a push on it. 

I have made a start this week with the new registration site ran by loveadmin. Accepting members, confirming payments, setting up email templates, arranging collection/delivery of membership cards and all.

We do have some historic stuff to get through, but with GDPR, it means we can't contact people on these lists as we cannot guarantee we have written permission to do so....I know crazy or what. I wanted to send an email out saying re-register or unsubscribe but it seems that's a no-no....aagghhh.....so I am getting my head around how we can do this properly. Might have to be a social media shout out at some point

Also and Its before my time on the Trust and in the early years of 2004, there were life members. Again its historic data so we have to work on getting a message out to those members as well. Luckily there are people on here like Diego and Singe that have been in touch about it already

So its a work in progress....and I am working on it

Cheers

Edited by underdog

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 3:12 PM, lookersstandandy said:

Ok, so here it goes. I can't post all this on the Trust's website so I'm putting it in here;

If I could conduct an interview with the two gentlemen, I would like to ask the following questions;

Casting your minds back to your childhoods. Which places and locations evoke strong & happy memories of your parents, grandparents, siblings & friends and why?

A place that connects me to my family & close friends through my childhood is Boundary Park. We have shared some of the most exhilarating & saddest days of our lives here and we talk about them frequently - like I assume you do regarding yours - when we meet. Our memories date back decades and generations. You two gentlemen are the custodians of this special ‘family’ place. Do you feel any moral duty to the thousands of people and families who feel the same as you do about your special family locations/places? Or, is just as asset from which you give no further thought? Please elaborate.

I think it only fair to sincerely thank you both for saving our football club from being liquated in 2003 and I do not/will never forget this and will be mindful of it as I continue to ask you further questions. Please could you tell me how many years remain on the lease of the land, which forms the home of Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd?

Is it your intention to honour that lease?

Please could you also describe to us the exact boundary of the land that makes up the asset(s) of Brassbank Ltd?

We are aware that it was/is your intention to redevelop part of your land into houses. You have already begun this exercise behind the Chadderton Road End of the football ground. Do you intend to continue and if so, where & when?

We are aware that you would be required to inform the council & Oldham Athletic Supporters Trust of your intention to sell your land under the terms of the Asset of Community Value [ACV] legislation, so as this hasn’t happened, one assumes your intention is to do otherwise?

Once the lease expires, is it therefore your intention to redevelop the remaining land? Or, are you open to (re)negotiating a long-term extension to that lease, if indeed the owner of Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd wishes to explore it?

Would you be willing to sell any remaining undeveloped land to the owner of Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd? Would you accept a valuation based on local land value market rates?

We are aware that the buildings that make up the Chadderton Road End, Rochdale Road End and Main Stand's are owned [inc upkeep costs] by Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd. Do you accept that, without long-term lease certainty, there is no incentive for the owner of Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd to redevelop his buildings, and as such it is the supporters who continue to suffer?

Please could you explain to us the exact % ownership makeup [including all individuals, entities & companies?] of the new stand/building on the Broadway side of the football ground?

Assuming you two gentleman are majority owners, why is it that so much space in your building goes unused?

Are you interested in renting out the unused space to the club or supporters? If so, at what £ per square foot?

Referring back to my special family places/times, there once existed a warm indoor Junior Latics lounge that children were welcome/safe to frequent in the old Broadway stand/building, prior to you demolishing it. At the very least, does it not make you feel even slightly saddened or ashamed that children today are forced to congregate in the cold open space behind the small section of the Rochdale Road Stand, when so much indoor space goes unused in your building? I assume you both have children? Please could I appeal to your consciences to consider allowing some square footage to be made available at a peppercorn rate for the benefit of the young/innocent boys and girls of Oldham as soon as possible?

There once existed large/comfortable indoor sports bar facilities in the Clayton Arms, behind the Chadderton Road End and underneath the stand on the Broadway side of the ground. Today, there exist no comparable spaces. Would you be open to allowing the club/supporters to rent space for such a purpose?

We are aware you are the owners [equal share] of Oldham Event Centre Limited. Would it be reasonable to assume your seeming lack of interest in encouraging space to be rented for the purpose of sports bar facilities, is influenced by the revenue/income your business [OEC Ltd] generates?

Are you aware / do you accept that some supporters boycott use of the OEC Ltd in the belief that all income/profit goes to the OEC Ltd? In the interests of encouraging more people to use the OEC Ltd, please could you tell us if any income/profit made on matchdays or otherwise makes its way to the coffers of Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd? If so, how does the agreement work?

Do you accept that seeing unused space, lends credence to the theory that you want to encourage Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd to vacate your land?

or to save time just look them in the eye and say "we're fucked aren't we?" 

On 2/1/2019 at 7:34 AM, mcfluff1985 said:

Please have this on a stream to watch. Guaranteed among all the well worded and well thought out questions like some of lookersstandandy's above there will be some horrendous mongs asking the most ridiculously entertaining questions 

So you're going to ask a question then...

3 minutes ago, Latics and England said:

So this weekend it is quite possible that we will finally appoint Paul Scholes as manager and on Monday Simon Blitz and Danny Gazal happen to be in Oldham.

I have no idea what this means but it seems to be a massive coincidence.

Stop it.

38 minutes ago, Latics and England said:

So this weekend it is quite possible that we will finally appoint Paul Scholes as manager and on Monday Simon Blitz and Danny Gazal happen to be in Oldham.

Co-incidence really. we were making plans for the meeting pre Xmas and before Bunn left with a Jan/Feb date. Honest.....

We already Pencilled in the owner for January but could not confirm it, then he was not in the country. By time we realised this, it was not enough notice to bring forward the Brass bank one from Feb to Jan and to find a venue as were temporarily homeless.

Honest.....

There is still time to post a question as we will be collating them from Friday/

Cheers

Edited by underdog

51 minutes ago, Latics and England said:

21 minutes ago, underdog said:

Co-incidence really. we were making plans for the meeting pre Xmas and before Bunn left with a Jan/Feb date. Honest.....

We already Pencilled in the owner for January but could not confirm it, then he was not in the country. By time we realised this, it was not enough notice to bring forward the Brass bank one from Feb to Jan and to find a venue as were temporarily homeless.

Honest.....

There is still time to post a question as we will be collating them from Friday/

Cheers

Doesn't it also mean that they have been over here almost the entire time we've been trying to appoint him? 

6 minutes ago, singe said:

Doesn't it also mean that they have been over here almost the entire time we've been trying to appoint him? 

I have no idea. I am not privvy to their movements or business adventures in the UK or America I'm afraid

3 hours ago, Latics and England said:

. . . and Soccer AM is looking for Latics fans to be their 'fans of the week' this Saturday!

:detectivegm0:

Please could you ask Mr Blitz if he’s been bitten by the bug again after the Fulham experience?

If so, tell him to take that feeling when he was on the pitch in front of 5000 fans.  Multiple that by 10 winning a play-off at Wembley/gaining promotion back to League 1.  Multiple it by 100 if we did the same returning back to The Championship.

Only way to do it is strengthen the team and coaching/manager.  You know it makes sense Mr Blitz; complete the job you started before throwing us to the likes of Corney now Lemsagam.  Build it.... the fans will return.  

Seriously - would you buy back the club and invest realistically into us becoming challengers again?!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Midsblue said:

Please could you ask Mr Blitz if he’s been bitten by the bug again after the Fulham experience?

If so, tell him to take that feeling when he was on the pitch in front of 5000 fans.  Multiple that by 10 winning a play-off at Wembley/gaining promotion back to League 1.  Multiple it by 100 if we did the same returning back to The Championship.

Only way to do it is strengthen the team and coaching/manager.  You know it makes sense Mr Blitz; complete the job you started before throwing us to the likes of Corney now Lemsagam.  Build it.... the fans will return.  

Seriously - would you buy back the club and invest realistically into us becoming challengers again?!

I’ve posted previously that someone I know was talking to him in the OEC recently and asked him if he was interested in getting back involved. He said he definitely wasn’t.

2 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Get the questions logged Midsblue. please on the link

3 hours ago, ghostofcecere said:

I’d like someone to ask if they really did try to sign Patrik Berger when they first took over or is it just an OWTB “fact”☺️

Wasn’t that Chris Moore? Along  with John Oster, Jason Mcateer and Craig Faulconbridge?

Edited by youngen

20 hours ago, Midsblue said:

‘Dear unreliable debt guy who has bled us dry and taken all our assets for himself, whilst profiteering our land and not reducing the debt, please will you get back involved in my club?’

WTF is wrong with some people???

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Also, downvote.