Trust Oldham - Meeting with Brassbank INFO as of 30/01/19

12 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Ifs buts and maybes. We can only concern ourselves with the now. 

Im interested in questions/answers that could help the club directly or indirectly now. Not what might happen in x number of years. We’ve got enough on our plate. 

I think you’re missing the point. The Trust - thankfully - placed an ACV order on the land. This gives us (the Trust) 6 months to find an alternative buyer before Brassbank can sell it to anyone who they choose. It might not take years.... 

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Judging by what has been said they have the clubs interest at heart...really don’t think they would do something like that....I think Corney May have been the bad boy all along😉

.....you’re being fooled by the language. The only thing they care about is their asset. Sure, if Abdallah could buy it, that would be the best option for them.... but if he can’t, that’s not their problem... they’ll sell it to anyone who wants to buy it for whatever purpose they choose.

Edited by lookersstandandy

45 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Spot on.  People really misunderstand GDPR intentions and problems. 

it could be me being overly sensitive about it but I don't fancy a fine by contacting 300+ people. I am not legal person with it all

That's why we are just checking it out.  I did read its about  re-permissions but also about NOT contacting people if you did not have written permission to start with (onus being on the Trust to prove). The data I had on contacts was a mix bag without the assurities of where the data came from.

If anyone can direct me more, I would appreciate it

Cheers

14 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

.....you’re being fooled by the language. The only thing they care about is their asset. Sure, if Abdallah could buy it, that would be the best option for them.... but if he can’t, that’s not their problem... they’ll sell it to anyone who wants to buy it for whatever purpose they choose.

Dont know how you could possibly know that!

50 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Dont know how you could possibly know that!

....it’s obvious. See my posts above. They (Brassbank) have effectively told us they want to sell the land. The Trust have placed an ACV - Asset of Community Value - order on the land. This gives us 6 months to find a buyer to keep Boundary Park a football ground - that could be starting now. That would take us to August.

If we can’t, they can sell it to who they want. eg Tesco, or Bovis. They won’t want to be our landlords. They’ll want a supermarket/houses on it. We’ll be homeless. Begging Dale or Bury to let us groundshare, like Charlton & Wimbledon at Selhurt Park in the 80s & 90s, or Brighton at the Withdean.

We need to pray for a miracle here.

10 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....it’s obvious. See my posts above. They (Brassbank) have effectively told us they want to sell the land. The Trust have placed an ACV - Asset of Community Value - order on the land. This gives us 6 months to find a buyer to keep Boundary Park a football ground - that could be starting now. That would take us to August.

If we can’t, they can sell it to who they want. eg Tesco, or Bovis. They won’t want to be our landlords. They’ll want a supermarket/houses on it. We’ll be homeless. Begging Dale or Bury to let us groundshare, like Charlton & Wimbledon at Selhurt Park in the 80s & 90s, or Brighton at the Withdean.

Pretty sure there's something that says we have about another 20 years where they can't stop us playing at boundary park?

5 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Pretty sure there's something that says we have about another 20 years where they can't stop us playing at boundary park?

I think we’re 10 years+ into that.... and I’m fairly certain a new owner could renegotiate that, esp if ground rent is not being met.

20 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Got to be used as a sports facility for another 14 years I think. Wouldn’t be in the owners interest to sell to a supermarket owning the ground but can’t use it for 14 years, I’m sure they agreed a new covenant when the council provided money to rebuild the new stand. 

Edited by adamoafc

21 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

You can pray if you like while I just chill out......no chance of that happening.

I am not ignoring this thread....but have been getting some grief of Face ach that i needed to pay attention too....lets just say it got personal and I don't think anyone deserves abuse. That's not me dishing out by the way...anyways

Folks don't worry, we are not at the stage of worry...honest. Lookers is right with regards to the ACV in place on the stadium little wembly and car park and the Trust has to be notified. this is done officially  by the council as they hold the community asset register for the borough.

Cheers and night all..lets be safe out there.

32 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Pretty sure an ACV has to be warned abit more officially than saying it to a few supporters 😂

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

I think you’re missing the point. The Trust - thankfully - placed an ACV order on the land. This gives us (the Trust) 6 months to find an alternative buyer before Brassbank can sell it to anyone who they choose. It might not take years.... 

Your stating again Andy like it’s happening. Or is about to. What evidence have you got that this is their plan?

IF that happens, then we can have the discussion. At the minute your speculating without any evidence to back your point. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Your stating again Andy like it’s happening. Or is about to. What evidence have you got that this is their plan?

IF that happens, then we can have the discussion. At the minute your speculating without any evidence to back your point. 

Their answers to the Trust’s questions tell us they want to sell the land, do you agree with that?

11 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Thank fook for that. Let’s hope this fan led group can raise the funds Brassbank want.

Does this mean the ACV has been activated then? Does it mean Brassbank have an alternative buyer should the fanled group’s bid fails?

6 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Thank fook for that. Let’s hope this fan led group can raise the funds Brassbank want.

This is does mean the ACV has been activated then? Does it mean Brassbank have an alternative buyer should the fanled group’s bid fails?

That’s my understanding. 

Pretty big news this. We will be homeless in 6 months if the Trust can’t raise the funds.

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

We get the feelgood factor with Scholes as manager and ALs statement of intent so there's no reason to think there won't be a buyer.

It could in fact turn out very well.

All credit to the Trust for their initiative.

Edited by BP1960

I appreciate that the Trust will now be in a position whereby there is very little that they can say on this matter.

A couple of questions they should hopefully be able to answer...

1. Does this mean that Brassbank have named a price? I don't expect the price to be shared at this point but it would be good to know that they have named one, otherwise it could be pure bluster.

2. Assuming the price or approximate price is known, how serious is this fan led group? Is there a significant proportion of the price already pledged or is it currently looking for a/the major backer.