Trust Oldham - Meeting with Brassbank INFO as of 30/01/19

On 2/16/2019 at 12:10 PM, rosa said:

Ah, 1984. Great novel about totalitarianism and censorship. Wonder what he'd make of calls to ban someone from an internet forum in 2019 for calling a cunt a cunt. From his musings on swearing in Down And Out In Paris And London, I think that he would think it was bollocks. 

"Of its very nature swearing is as irrational as magic—indeed, it is a species of magic."

I'm reading Road To Wigan Pier, and I've just finished his book of Selected Essays; 'England, Your England' and 'Politics and the English Language' must be read by everyone as a basic requirement.

36 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm reading Road To Wigan Pier, and I've just finished his book of Selected Essays; 'England, Your England' and 'Politics and the English Language' must be read by everyone as a basic requirement.

I've got the Road To Wigan Pier lined up on audiobook, will definitely check the other two out. 

38 minutes ago, mad4it said:

Didn’t realise the trust a operated closed shop / a cash for questions policy ? 

Paid members the majority of time, will get priority

With regards to the latest news on a propsed fan led buy of BP, we felt all should get that significant news

we have had a significant increase in subscribers over the last week for fans who have joined

Cheers

19 minutes ago, underdog said:

Paid members the majority of time, will get priority

With regards to the latest news on a propsed fan led buy of BP, we felt all should get that significant news

we have had a significant increase in subscribers over the last week for fans who have joined

Cheers

Clearly mcfluff doesn’t agree with you 

26 minutes ago, underdog said:

If its question with regards to the fan led proposed buy, then there will be no more to be said at the mo.

Anything else then if logged on the trust site we will look out. May i ask was it logged on the trust site?

Cheers

Any chance of clarification on exactly what the proposed bid is for?

14 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

You think there wouldn't be an issue clarifying that. Obviously is

To be fair, they have clearly stated, due to confidentiality agreements signed, they are not able to issue any more details at present. I don't think it will be very long before more is released.