Trust Oldham - Meeting with Brassbank INFO as of 30/01/19

12 minutes ago, UpTheLatics said:

I'll join.

I do enough ranting and raving from the sideline...

Cheers

I have logged out of that site for the night, but once we have confirmation of you joining, we will be back in  touch with you to arrange delivery of your membership card (which has a built shield in place to protect up to 5 other card being skimmed).

Worth the membership hahah

17 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Can we not try and get a Q&A with the crazy Moroccan?

as per the link states....he was out of the country for the January one and we hope to re-arrange it soon.

We had this one pencilled in (I couldn't say anything the other day when i was pushed for the Al one to be re-arranged asap).

So this is defo on the agenda to arrange one with the owner

Cheers 

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

That is a fair point. I saw at least 2 fans arrested at Doncaster for going onto the pitch on Saturday, not that I condone it.

KIG is hitting form at the moment, no doubt about it!

1.) The game was over at Fulham so I'm not sure the same rules apply. It also wasn't a confrontational action. 

2.) There are different rules for different folks. AL, never mind Blitz, had no right to go on the pitch without the authority or approval of someone else. However, the owner of one football club is much more likely to get that approval than some random fan. (See above - also see the doctor at Tottenham when Muamba collapsed.)

3. SYP have said that 8 people were nicked in relation to the game on Saturday. I would think all the pitch invaders (bar the pre-teen who went on much after everyone else) and subsequently carted off would be among them. 

Doesn't stop KIGs question being a good one though. 

14 minutes ago, underdog said:

as per the link states....he was out of the country for the January one and we hope to re-arrange it soon.

We had this one pencilled in (I couldn't say anything the other day when i was pushed for the Al one to be re-arranged asap).

Cheers 

What ever you do don’t try and rush him...

12 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

1.) The game was over at Fulham so I'm not sure the same rules apply. It also wasn't a confrontational action. 

2.) There are different rules for different folks. AL, never mind Blitz, had no right to go on the pitch without the authority or approval of someone else. However, the owner of one football club is much more likely to get that approval than some random fan. (See above - also see the doctor at Tottenham when Muamba collapsed.)

3. SYP have said that 8 people were nicked in relation to the game on Saturday. I would think all the pitch invaders (bar the pre-teen who went on much after everyone else) and subsequently carted off would be among them. 

Doesn't stop KIGs question being a good one though. 

As good as his question was, his description of Blitz was even more memorable.

I see no justification at all for owners or ex-owners going on to the pitch away from home. If ordinary fans are arrested for doing so, then Blitz and Lemsagam should receive consistent treatment.

Medical personnel are of course exempt from such a ban, assuming they are going on to the pitch to provide medical services!

Re Fulham, naturally you and I wouldn't see it as confrontational, but Fulham fans might take a different view (though all the ones I met were very good-natured, so probably didn't - but we can all think of other grounds where the home fans wouldn't be so tolerant).

5 hours ago, underdog said:

They are very keen to engage with the fans.

Why?  Has the Trust asked them this?  Perhaps if you clarified this then we can base our question on the nature of the keenness to engage.

Appreciate that we couldn’t expect them to continue bailing us.  Also they’ve probably saved us from Corney imploding the clu.  However, at the moment, it seems very much out of the frying pan with them selling the club to Lemsagam.

Wouldn’t it be better for them if the club folded so they could develop the land for housing?  They’ll get their money back so I cannot see any reason, other than persuading us to spend money in their stand, for them to have any remote interest in our club or clubs future.

9 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Why?  Has the Trust asked them this?  Perhaps if you clarified this then we can base our question on the nature of the keenness to engage.

Appreciate that we couldn’t expect them to continue bailing us.  Also they’ve probably saved us from Corney imploding the clu.  However, at the moment, it seems very much out of the frying pan with them selling the club to Lemsagam.

Wouldn’t it be better for them if the club folded so they could develop the land for housing?  They’ll get their money back so I cannot see any reason, other than persuading us to spend money in their stand, for them to have any remote interest in our club or clubs future.

They approached the Trust, we originally thought it might be around setting up the fans bar in the Royle stand, but alas it was not.

I will presume as the majority of successful businesses, they do have a future plan in place with regards to them being landlords of BP. However, we are not at that stage of the relationship they are going to tell us what it is as it will be commercially sensitive stuff, and emotive stuff as well.

Your last paragraph, yes they could evict us and if any other landlord tennant situation they have the legal right too...but lets face it being the tennant being a football club, they would have quite a few thousand not so happy fans, fellow business owners on their backs and the council. (Well i hope we would)

so back to your first paragraph, this is probably their first/most recent engagement with fans. Its a time maybe to ask that question and maybe then based on their answers, we can then set up another Q and A specifically on a topic if need be.

Is a chance for the fans to get your questions in....rather than the Trust asking our own questions then getting hammered for doing a Q and A and NOT getting you all involved. 

26 minutes ago, underdog said:

They approached the Trust, we originally thought it might be around setting up the fans bar in the Royle stand, but alas it was not.

I will presume as the majority of successful businesses, they do have a future plan in place with regards to them being landlords of BP. However, we are not at that stage of the relationship they are going to tell us what it is as it will be commercially sensitive stuff, and emotive stuff as well.

Your last paragraph, yes they could evict us and if any other landlord tennant situation they have the legal right too...but lets face it being the tennant being a football club, they would have quite a few thousand not so happy fans, fellow business owners on their backs and the council. (Well i hope we would)

so back to your first paragraph, this is probably their first/most recent engagement with fans. Its a time maybe to ask that question and maybe then based on their answers, we can then set up another Q and A specifically on a topic if need be.

Is a chance for the fans to get your questions in....rather than the Trust asking our own questions then getting hammered for doing a Q and A and NOT getting you all involved. 

Maybe they are weighing the trust up as a potential tenant for when the desert rat has shot through.

1 minute ago, archiecat said:

Maybe they are weighing the trust up as a potential tenant for when the desert rat has shot through.

Personally, I am not ruling anything out. Hence its best to have an amicable foot in both camps

I was a very good girl guide.....prepare for the worse, hope for the best..and all

22 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I only have one question.  Why have they approached the trust after all this time?

Good question.

One might speculate that they might need the trust on side for their future plans for the site. They have to give the Trust 6 months to consider making their own bid if they are planning to sell don't they ?

Given that they both live in the States, I'd be surprised if they were coming all this way to just to have a casual chat for an hour on a Monday evening.

1 hour ago, underdog said:

Just a thought, but being as the trust, brass bank  and Lemsagam all have a shared interest, wouldn’t it have been a good idea to get all 3 parties sat down together ?

1 hour ago, underdog said:

My post wasn’t questioning the Trust’s involvement in this Q&A and my intention wasn’t to hammer the Trusts tenacity to open conversation with the two key stakeholders dictating the future of our club and/or home.

Dave better summarised my distrust below;

48 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I only have one question.  Why have they approached the trust after all this time?

They rightly/wrongly walked when the market crashed and property/land bottomed out.  However land prices and housing demands have increased massively during their self-imposed exile.  Club in state of flux, Lemsagam being questioned left, right and centre.

Pure and simple - has Blitz returned to help or his arrival is to prosper from the chaos?

20 hours ago, underdog said:

They are very keen to engage with the fans.

Maybe they should pose some questions to us then? Seems like they're going about it arse about tit, especially since we have no idea why they could possibly want to engage with us?

Ok, so here it goes. I can't post all this on the Trust's website so I'm putting it in here;

If I could conduct an interview with the two gentlemen, I would like to ask the following questions;

Casting your minds back to your childhoods. Which places and locations evoke strong & happy memories of your parents, grandparents, siblings & friends and why?

A place that connects me to my family & close friends through my childhood is Boundary Park. We have shared some of the most exhilarating & saddest days of our lives here and we talk about them frequently - like I assume you do regarding yours - when we meet. Our memories date back decades and generations. You two gentlemen are the custodians of this special ‘family’ place. Do you feel any moral duty to the thousands of people and families who feel the same as you do about your special family locations/places? Or, is just as asset from which you give no further thought? Please elaborate.

I think it only fair to sincerely thank you both for saving our football club from being liquated in 2003 and I do not/will never forget this and will be mindful of it as I continue to ask you further questions. Please could you tell me how many years remain on the lease of the land, which forms the home of Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd?

Is it your intention to honour that lease? Is your tenant honouring that lease?

Please could you also describe to us the exact boundary of the land that makes up the asset(s) of Brassbank Ltd?

We are aware that it was/is your intention to redevelop part of your land into houses. You have already begun this exercise behind the Chadderton Road End of the football ground. Do you intend to continue and if so, where & when?

We are aware that you would be required to inform the council & Oldham Athletic Supporters Trust of your intention to sell your land under the terms of the Asset of Community Value [ACV] legislation, so as this hasn’t happened, one assumes your intention is to do otherwise?

Once the lease expires, is it therefore your intention to redevelop the remaining land? Or, are you open to (re)negotiating a long-term extension to that lease, if indeed the owner of Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd wishes to explore it?

Would you be willing to sell any remaining undeveloped land to the owner of Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd? Would you accept a valuation based on local land value market rates?

We are aware that the buildings that make up the Chadderton Road End, Rochdale Road End and Main Stand's are owned [inc upkeep costs] by Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd. Do you accept that, without long-term lease certainty, there is no incentive for the owner of Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd to redevelop his buildings, and as such it is the supporters who continue to suffer?

Please could you explain to us the exact % ownership makeup [including all individuals, entities & companies?] of the new stand/building on the Broadway side of the football ground?

Assuming you two gentleman are majority owners, why is it that so much space in your building goes unused?

Are you interested in renting out the unused space to the club or supporters? If so, at what £ per square foot?

Referring back to my special family places/times, there once existed a warm indoor Junior Latics lounge that children were welcome/safe to frequent in the old Broadway stand/building, prior to you demolishing it. At the very least, does it not make you feel even slightly saddened or ashamed that children today are forced to congregate in the cold open space behind the small section of the Rochdale Road Stand, when so much indoor space goes unused in your building? I assume you both have children? Please could I appeal to your consciences to consider allowing some square footage to be made available at a peppercorn rate for the benefit of the young/innocent boys and girls of Oldham as soon as possible?

There once existed large/comfortable indoor sports bar facilities in the Clayton Arms, behind the Chadderton Road End and underneath the stand on the Broadway side of the ground. Today, there exist no comparable spaces. Would you be open to allowing the club/supporters to rent space for such a purpose?

We are aware you are the owners [equal share] of Oldham Event Centre Limited. Would it be reasonable to assume your seeming lack of interest in encouraging space to be rented for the purpose of sports bar facilities, is influenced by the revenue/income your business [OEC Ltd] generates?

Are you aware / do you accept that some supporters boycott use of the OEC Ltd in the belief that all income/profit goes to the OEC Ltd? In the interests of encouraging more people to use the OEC Ltd, please could you tell us if any income/profit made on matchdays or otherwise makes its way to the coffers of Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd? If so, how does the agreement work?

Do you accept that seeing unused space, lends credence to the theory that you want to encourage Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd to vacate your land?

Edited by lookersstandandy
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, underdog said:

Cheers 

Somehow I don’t think the outcome of that would be too positive😳

35 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Referring back to my special family places/times, there once existed a warm indoor Junior Latics lounge that children were welcome/safe to frequent in the old Broadway stand/building, prior to you demolishing it. At the very least, does it not make you feel even slightly saddened or ashamed that children today are forced to congregate in the cold open space behind the small section of the Rochdale Road Stand, when so much indoor space goes unused in your building? Please could I appeal to your consciences to consider allowing some square footage to be made available at a peppercorn rate for the benefit of the young/innocent boys and girls of Oldham as soon as possible?

I'm pretty sure there is somewhere in the family stand that has games consoles etc.

21 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

I'm pretty sure there is somewhere in the family stand that has games consoles etc.

It's not a warm welcoming indoor space. It's a like converted garage, partially open to the elements. I understand the capitalism/commercial enterprise in renting out floor/office space..... but with so much of it unused, I find it disgraceful that the landlords/owners of the broadway building can't find it within themselves to be benevolent to little ones who deserve better. It could even benefit the OEC Ltd as more folk would use the building and they could generate more revenue/income. It's where business gets in THE way of basic humanity... and I'd like them to have a think about it when they're with their own families.

Edited by lookersstandandy

4 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

It's not a warm welcoming indoor space. It's a like converted garage, partially open to the elements. I understand the capitalism/commercial enterprise in renting out floor/office space..... but with so much of it unused, I find it disgraceful that the landlords/owners of the broadway building can't find it within themselves to be benevolent to little ones who deserve better. It could even benefit the OEC Ltd as more folk would use the building and they could generate more revenue/income. It's where business gets in THE way of basic humanity... and I'd like them to have a think about it when they're with their own families.

Let's not also forget however that the VOLUNTEERS who used to run the Junior Latics/Boundary Blues club and lounge facilities etc. have long since been pushed out of the picture by the club itself and the community trust. Volunteers were once a valuable part of the fabric of this club until the little self-important people decided they were no longer required. Hence the reason the tuck shop in the RRE has been closed every time my kids have tried to use it int he last few home matches.