Trust Oldham - Meeting with Brassbank INFO as of 30/01/19

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Kinell. The land is up for sale. Should the fanled group fail / AL not have the funds / the council not be willing...... the alternative is a landowner with other objectives..... that do not include the football club being resident on it. There is nothing far fetched about that conclusion.

Think we can rule out the Council (potless)

Think we can rule out Mr :clown: (not a team player/may be potless)

Fan led group ? (who knows,would be nice to think a collective of wealthy fans had the means to do this) Hmmmmmm ?

Outside entity ( Raze the place to the ground and ease the burden on OMBC to comply with GMSF quota) Very possible.

A bit confused here.  I may have this wildly wrong, but the title of the release refers to Boundary Park.  I thought AL owned Boundary Park (which doesn't include the North Stand) and Brassbank owned the land it sits on and the North Stand?

21 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Kinell. The land is up for sale. Should the fanled group fail / AL not have the funds / the council not be willing...... the alternative is a landowner with other objectives..... that do not include the football club being resident on it. There is nothing far fetched about that conclusion.

Kinell. The idea isn’t far fetched. 

The reality of that happening is pur fantasy. 

So you think a commercial venture, will pay vastly over the odds. Knock down a new 7 million pound stand. Then have the spare change left to build what they want. I reckon all of that would only cost 30million plus. All while enjoying the wonderful PR that comes with booting 100+year football club out of its home. 

Yeah. 

Ok. 

45 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

The other alternative is that Brassbank keep hold of it.

16 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Apologies if I’ve interpreted it wrong but if the ACV has been activated doesn’t that mean that they’ve found a new buyer for their land? 

I'm not sure the ACV has been activated, otherwise I think there would be more of a request to raise funds from fans. I think this is just Brassbank seeing if the Trust wanted to do something with it...

Edit - ignore me. The statement says it's part of the first refusal of the ACV. There must be someone else lined up. Interesting that they aren't panicking and rushing round for funds, there must be some decent backers involved?

Edited by jorvik_latic

8 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Apologies if I’ve interpreted it wrong but if the ACV has been activated doesn’t that mean that they’ve found a new buyer for their land? 

Could just be that they've given them a chance to do a deal and this fan led thing think it is feasible.

We certainly won't be out on our ear any time soon.

34 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

I'm not sure the ACV has been activated, otherwise I think there would be more of a request to raise funds from fans. I think this is just Brassbank seeing if the Trust wanted to do something with it...

Edit - ignore me. The statement says it's part of the first refusal of the ACV. There must be someone else lined up. Interesting that they aren't panicking and rushing round for funds, there must be some decent backers involved?

Think the "someone else" is the fan group. Believe it includes Mr Whitehead who built the stand?

11 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

By the fan group you'd say.

Jesus, I need to learn to read. I thought the fan group were working with the Trust to put a bid together.

Edit - they are. Just that the group initiated the talks to buy the stadium, triggered the ACV and then invited the Trust to join them. The statement is confusing - it says the Trust have been invited to join the talks which suggests that it would be rival bids. Headline says they've been invited to join the group.

Edited by jorvik_latic

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Including the apparent need for a great deal of expensive work on the main stand and chaddy end this sounds like fantasy to me. I hope not but I will retain a sceptical view until shown otherwise. 

Do you see another Failsworth saga looming Dave?

18 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

....it’s obvious. See my posts above. They (Brassbank) have effectively told us they want to sell the land. The Trust have placed an ACV - Asset of Community Value - order on the land. This gives us 6 months to find a buyer to keep Boundary Park a football ground - that could be starting now. That would take us to August.

If we can’t, they can sell it to who they want. eg Tesco, or Bovis. They won’t want to be our landlords. They’ll want a supermarket/houses on it. We’ll be homeless. Begging Dale or Bury to let us groundshare, like Charlton & Wimbledon at Selhurt Park in the 80s & 90s, or Brighton at the Withdean.

We need to pray for a miracle here.

I read it that the fans group contacted Brass Bank to purchase the land, not that they were looking to sell. I may be wrong. 

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Why is there always loads of negativity on here from the usual few whenever a major announcement has broken, the trust are merely keeping fans in the loop.....I sometimes wish that they would say fuck all!!!

I don't as would effectively defeat the purpose of the trust and give more ammunition to those that say 'Don't trust The Trust'. 

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Why is there always loads of negativity on here from the usual few whenever a major announcement has broken, the trust are merely keeping fans in the loop.....I sometimes wish that they would say fuck all!!!

I don't feel in the loop as I can't glean much from the extremely vague statement they've released. Less so as I've also read their seemingly contradictory tweet...

Edited by HarryBosch

As ever, hats off to those who volunteer their time for the Trust - I can't/don't want to do it. I had a good chat with Darren in the White Hart recently and he's alright, as were those who went before him (jorvik & leeslover aside), but....

For years most of any info that has been released has been unclear at best and nudge, nudge, wink, wink at worst - more often the latter.

Why can't we just have communications that are always clear, informative and in plain English? 

Well, maybe the trust can have a meeting with a panel of posters from this site. I'm happy to try and bridge but I am sure there are better people suited than me.

In essence we are all here for the good of the club, totally get that some posters are/ can be negative but their views are just as essential.

I don't think it's a matter of the trust trying to confuse anyone but the clubs running matters are fluid and it must be difficult to keep up with the pace.