Cardiff

Guest Stanley30

Guest Stanley30

Anyone else think it’s a bit OTT considering he never played for them? Fair enough Nantes paying big tributes. Just think it’s weird for Cardiff considering he never played?

6 hours ago, Stanley30 said:

Anyone else think it’s a bit OTT considering he never played for them? Fair enough Nantes paying big tributes. Just think it’s weird for Cardiff considering he never played?

I think it’s a bit OTT that you feel it warrants a post on a Latics forum. He never played for us did he?

Hang your head and show a bit of respect.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JoeP said:

A young man has lost his life horrifically in a narrative of which they were a part.

Different people react in different ways to these events - it's not really the place of those not involved to judge.

Everyone agrees,Stan included that it is very sad that the two people in that plane lost their lives.

However,he does also make a valid point with the feelings of loss from the Nantes club/community being understandable.

There was a real bond between the player/fans after a 4 year stint at the club and this would lead to a great sense of personal loss.

Like Stan says,he never kicked a ball for Cardiff,the supporters can pay tribute,rue his untimely passing but could not and should not mourn his loss in the same way as the people of Nantes.

This behaviour is probably a legacy from the death of Princess Diana,i don't believe ( but stand to be corrected ) that we had seen before, such an outpouring of grief for a public figure.It set a precedent for some would say an over the top expression of sympathy.

13 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Everyone agrees,Stan included that it is very sad that the two people in that plane lost their lives.

However,he does also make a valid point with the feelings of loss from the Nantes club/community being understandable.

There was a real bond between the player/fans after a 4 year stint at the club and this would lead to a great sense of personal loss.

Like Stan says,he never kicked a ball for Cardiff,the supporters can pay tribute,rue his untimely passing but could not and should not mourn his loss in the same way as the people of Nantes.

This behaviour is probably a legacy from the death of Princess Diana,i don't believe ( but stand to be corrected ) that we had seen before, such an outpouring of grief for a public figure.It set a precedent for some would say an over the top expression of sympathy.

Meh, there's worst things in the world to get irritated about..

The death of these  poor men  and your reaction is a symptom of what is wrong with football and our society at the moment. 

1.Football players  are all but commodities being shipped from one place to another, its all about the money, the person isn't really important. The fact that they players/agents have to dress everything up to be seen as a wonderful over the top 'jet set lifestyle' while actually trying to save money is an inditement.-  separate issue but..don't get me started on the way young men are trafficked on the dream of signing  for a club and end up destitute. 

There was an article in the guardian yesterday about footballers wives:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/feb/02/we-took-inspiration-from-mumsnet-the-footballers-wives-support-network

sorry if this doesn't work) - basically how the mighty fall very fast after the game is over.

It made me think the whole football in the premier league is a load of  hyped up rubbish that uses people.

2. There is a real trend at the moment for huge 'notice me' displays of emotion which may or may not be a good thing. The saddest this is that 2 blokes died and people feel that they are entitled to post words to the effect it doesn't matter because they didn't play for team A or B .

We really are going to hell in a handcart, now I'm off to take my anti depressants.

Edited by 4oakslatic
trying to get the link working

Guest Stanley30

Don’t get me wrong it’s horrible that a life has been lost and i am in no way trying to demean the guy or be disrespectful to him. However I am confused by Cardiff’s response 

Just now, Stanley30 said:

Don’t get me wrong it’s horrible that a life has been lost and i am in no way trying to demean the guy or be disrespectful to him. However I am confused by Cardiff’s response 

I suspect the management feel guilty that they have shipped this bloke around without really checking on his safety

The fans are doing what is done at the moment. There has been a trend for this sort of thing that can be traced back to Dianna !!

31 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

Just don't worry about it.  They're not hurting anyone. 

No one's got the right to tell anyone else how they should and shouldn't react.

6 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Just don't worry about it.  They're not hurting anyone. 

No one's got the right to tell anyone else how they should and shouldn't react.

Don't think anyone's telling people how the should react. More a case of highlighting how some people overreact to the demise of someone they've never seen or met, yet feel somehow emotionally connected to them. As tragic as both their deaths are I fail to understand why Cardiff's reaction should be parallel to Nantes'.   

14 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Don't think anyone's telling people how the should react. More a case of highlighting how some people overreact to the demise of someone they've never seen or met, yet feel somehow emotionally connected to them. As tragic as both their deaths are I fail to understand why Cardiff's reaction should be parallel to Nantes'.   

They’re being respectful 

5 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

This is an Oldham forum not a general football one bud. There is even a general bit on here I think. This is not it though. 👍

Sorry, but the World doesn't end at the top of Sheepfoot Lane for some and as we didn't even play yesterday a bit of slack could surely be cut.