42 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

With every extra ticket sold now our human rights & freedom of movement will be eroded further.....

Not to mention the Council Tax bills of the denizens of Bury increased (I'm ok with that bit) 

Your Human rights & freedom of movement might be restricted. Mine won’t

(So I’m OK with it)

8 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Mansfield took 4,283 to their Derby game on Saturday 

Believe we’d take the same if we were sat in third. Even if points difference isn’t actually majorly different. If we had hopes of automatic promotion I think we’d take that number.

Officials:

Bury FC (First Team) v Oldham Athletic FC (First Team)
Football League 2    
Referee: Drysdale, Darren 
Assistant Referee: Moore, Anthony 
Assistant Referee: Plowright, David 
Fourth Official: Lucas, Simeon

Darren Drysdale is one of the better ones. Although that's not hard. 

Iversen

Hunt - Clarke - Edmundson - Nepomuceno

Missilou

Dearnley - Maouche - Baxter - Branger

Lang

This simply has to be the formation to go with.  Even if they have returned to training, the Forest & West Ham lads wont be thrown straight in.

Saw Bury on Saturday at Exeter.  They played 3-5-2, sat in for a lot of the game, letting Exeter have the ball and soaked up pressure, but then hit them on the break with a lot of speed and a lot of quality on the ball.  With Exeter lacking firepower they held out pretty comfortably.

Not sure how much they will sit in against us but we have to match them up in midfield to stand a chance.  Maouche and Missilou sitting with Baxter more advanced would be ideal.

Bury lack size in midfield and attack but possess a lot of quality players.  Adams and McFadzean on the flanks like to get forward and a central midfield of Rossiter, O'Shea and Mayor along with Moore and Maynard up front are a very different attacking threat from the majority of teams we'll play that this level.

Having Lang back is a must and our wide attackers must be able to drag their centre backs out of position for us to stand a chance of winning.

8 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

Iversen

Missilou

Lang

This simply has to be the formation to go with.  Even if they have returned to training, the Forest & West Ham lads wont be thrown straight in.

Would have Hamer in for Hunt. Apart from that, the above team is in my opinion the best starting eleven we can currently put out.

Missilou plays well when Maouche is alongside him. Nepomuceno and Branger are our best left wing partnership. Hamer and Dearnley could be good down the right. Baxter and Lang interchanging up front.

Last night was a horror show. We will be underdogs on Saturday and I expect to see an improved performance.

Seven days is a long time in football 🤔

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Would have Hamer in for Hunt. Apart from that, the above team is in my opinion the best starting eleven we can currently put out.

Missilou plays well when Maouche is alongside him. Nepomuceno and Branger are our best left wing partnership. Hamer and Dearnley could be good down the right. Baxter and Lang interchanging up front.

Last night was a horror show. We will be underdogs on Saturday and I expect to see an improved performance.

Seven days is a long time in football 🤔

I think Hamer is doubtful fitness wise. 

Lang probably is too but more likely to play. 

10 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

Iversen

Missilou

Lang

Decent attacking side that but no protection for the back 4, apart from Missilou (who will have to work his bollocks off) defensively, that midfield is shite.

We will probably be under the cosh for most of the game and Danny Mayor, who was the best player on the pitch at BP will tear us a new one.

Think this is potentially the hardest away game at Bury we have had in living memory...fear a walloping is on the cards!!

14 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

Iversen

Missilou

Lang

This is about as good a side as we can field at the moment. Which on its day is a decent side at this level. Everyone needs to be on top of their game to get something we do that plus the backing of a large vocal following we can get a result.

3 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Fickle team selection on here sometimes. 3 weeks ago it was all Nepo up front he is never a fullback. Now everyone wants him at fullback.

When the alternatives are....Stott or Taylor,

who would you play?

4 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Decent attacking side that but no protection for the back 4, apart from Missilou (who will have to work his bollocks off) defensively, that midfield is shite.

There was more protection for the back four last night in theory but they didn't seem to provide any.... 

6 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Fickle team selection on here sometimes. 3 weeks ago it was all Nepo up front he is never a fullback. Now everyone wants him at fullback.

Fickle or better informed? Nepomuceno has definitely grown into the role. Fullback or wingback? Playing behind Branger on the left he is at his most effective - even if Nepo himself might not agree. 😉