Clarke

Nepo

Sylla

Missile 

Branger

Baxter 

Dearnley 

Lang

Torn between Maouche and Sylla but went with the latter as he's more likely to break up play and disrupt Bury. 

Bloody hell. Torn between a footballer and a raffle winner. I suggest spec savers mate. Sylla couldn’t break a kit kat 

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

Bloody hell. Torn between a footballer and a raffle winner. I suggest spec savers mate. Sylla couldn’t break a kit kat 

At the moment I'd say that Maouche is clearly better on the ball, but Sylla's physical force will make him useful in some matches coming up.

I'd pick Maouche at present without question, but to be fair Sylla after 6 weeks at the club looks way better than Maouche did after 6 weeks.

16 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Couldn't go on Tuesday so I assume your irrationale response is based on his showing in that match. We need an upgrade on the pair of them from what I've seen. 

Edited by welshgaz

Scholes update on players available for Saturday:

Two of those currently training are loan signings Alex Iacovitti and Oladapo Afolayan.

Scholes is monitoring both closely as he looks to get them both up to full speed before throwing them into the first team. “Alex (Iacovitti) has been training for a couple of weeks, since I've been here, and I want to see him in a game.

“It's been difficult because he's a left-back and we've got three or four of them, so it's about waiting for the right team to look at him.

“We've had some games behind closed doors which we have more of in the next couple of weeks, so if we can get him some minutes hopefully, he'll be ready

“Dapo (Oladapo Afolayan) has come in this morning, he's been out for a long time and only had two hours of football since. “He's going to need two or three weeks of really good training, he'll be in the squad for the next three or four games before we look at a start.”

Scholes was also unsure on the availability of Tom Hamer and Callum Lang who both missed Tuesday’s game through injury. “We're not sure on both of them really, Callum (Lang) is still sore and Tom (Hamer) is still a bit stiff, but hopefully they can both train tomorrow, but we'll wait and see.”

🙏 

14 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Two of those currently training are loan signings Alex Iacovitti and Oladapo Afolayan.

Scholes is monitoring both closely as he looks to get them both up to full speed before throwing them into the first team. “Alex (Iacovitti) has been training for a couple of weeks, since I've been here, and I want to see him in a game.

“It's been difficult because he's a left-back and we've got three or four of them, so it's about waiting for the right team to look at him.

“We've had some games behind closed doors which we have more of in the next couple of weeks, so if we can get him some minutes hopefully, he'll be ready

“Dapo (Oladapo Afolayan) has come in this morning, he's been out for a long time and only had two hours of football since. “He's going to need two or three weeks of really good training, he'll be in the squad for the next three or four games before we look at a start.”

Scholes was also unsure on the availability of Tom Hamer and Callum Lang who both missed Tuesday’s game through injury. “We're not sure on both of them really, Callum (Lang) is still sore and Tom (Hamer) is still a bit stiff, but hopefully they can both train tomorrow, but we'll wait and see.”

🙏

PS also says Afolayan got injured in September and hasn't played since. He will probably be on the bench at Bury.

40 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If we are going to get anything from this game it’s essential Lang and Dearnley start the game.

If O’grady and/or Vera feature from the start it might be a good idea to stay in the pub🙄

Despite the fact that O’Grady got a hat trick against  them just over 2 months ago and ‘he always scores against Bury’.

PS I think some pubs may not be serving much based on past experience.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

🙏

Who though those loan signings were a good plan? 

32 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Despite the fact that O’Grady got a hat trick against  them just over 2 months ago and ‘he always scores against Bury’.

PS I think some pubs may not be serving much based on past experience.

Yes...even despite all that!😆

3 hours ago, Buryshaker said:

whats up with O'Grady,

We are currently playing a 4-2-3-1.

O'Grady was the 1 uptop the plan was to fire balls upto him that can work if the 3 behind him get up and run past him however the 2 wingers stayed wide which left Jose Baxter who himself  likes to play in the hole the only one able to get near him to support him. It was a thankless task he was given really the circumstances. He doesn't have any real pace anymore so he cant really work the channels his goalscoring record is generally poor. While not being the best player hes as honest as they come and puts in a shift however tactics like Tuesday wont help him whatsoever. He needs more support if we are going to fire long balls at him.

Callum Lang who has been our best attacking player this season will be a better option and if him and Zac Dearnley play thats probably our best chance of beating you if we can hit you on the break.

17 minutes ago, BFC1885 said:

Hope Scholes doesn't read this board Buryshaker!

You've given him advance warning of our likely side and clues about how to stop us from playing!

Id expect us to know how you play regardless of what is said on here. As I expect your coaches/scouts to know how we play.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Id expect us to know how you play regardless of what is said on here. As I expect your coaches/scouts to know how we play.

It doesn't mean the players are capable of taking it on board.

I once told a manager that under 'no circumstances' were his team to allow the opposition centre forward to turn on the edge of the penalty area on to his left foot and take a pot shot at the goal.

What happened you ask?

Well, in the first minute of the match the opposition centre forward turned on to his left foot on the edge of the penalty area....and scored. 

I asked the manager after if he had warned the players.

"Warned them" he said.."I pinned a notice on the #@%& *^$ dressing room door".

Edited by BP1960