Crawley (a)

32 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I’ll iron it out. I’ll think i’ll just make it a £1 entry into the group and if anyone wants to donate to further costs they can feel free to do so... 

You're a big player now MR KIG, being tracked by the EFL! Next they'll be after manager holding stakes in competing clubs...Thanks for doing this, it's much appreciated and I'd love to be part of your underground syndicate, sounds very alternative and exciting for an old git like me!

• Like 3

Just now, latics22 said:

Jesus, why do u feel you have this need to big up the players everyone else can see ain’t that good ? You must have been a Winchester fan?

I was one to have ago at branger but when he moved over to the left he came to light. Cant seriously say you didn’t see the change in him. 

41 minutes ago, latics22 said:

To be fair, who ever played great result and we now have an outside shot of the play offs with Scholes in charge 

Was you not saying the season was definitely over just before the Crawley match ? Did you not consider we might win this match ? Apologies if it wasn’t you 

That second half just goes to show there’s no god given requirement to play a big lump up front in this division. The moment Vera came off for Dearnley it all changed. We brought on a clever player who retained the ball and played clever first time passes. If this is Scholes’ kind of player then the future’s bright.

Our ability to counter with youthful exuberance and pace was refreshing and damn effective.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

That second half just goes to show there’s no god given requirement to play a big lump up front in this division. The moment Vera came off for Dearnley it all changed. We brought on a clever player who retained the ball and played clever first time passes. If this is Scholes’ kind of player then the future’s bright.

Our ability to counter with youthful exuberance and pace was refreshing and damn effective.

Dearnley came on for Stott, moving Nepomuceno to full back. This was 12 minutes before Baxter came on for Vera. 

14 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Dearnley came on for Stott, moving Nepomuceno to full back. This was 12 minutes before Baxter came on for Vera. 

To be fair it was 3am when I started watching at the start of the second half.

You get the jist of the original point though yeah?

Seen the goals, a very good free kick by Branger and 2 goals hitting them on the break.  Can't argue with that for an away performance!

How did players fit into the system?  I like that (on paper at least) we went back to a 4-4-2 and it seems like the subs really seemed to make a difference.  Did Vera and Lang link well?

9 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Seen the goals, a very good free kick by Branger and 2 goals hitting them on the break.  Can't argue with that for an away performance!

How did players fit into the system?  I like that (on paper at least) we went back to a 4-4-2 and it seems like the subs really seemed to make a difference.  Did Vera and Lang link well?

Vera was very poor again. 

How someone that big can be so poor in the air is puzzling. 

Also why we played Stott at left back also made no sense. I like him as a centre half but not a left back. 

Dearnley made a big difference when he came on. Skill pace and desire on the right hand side. 

Lang did OK and worked his socks off. 

Branger I thought was having a mare until the goal... Made by a magnificent run by Dearnley. Defensivly he offers little and needs to do more tracking Back. However can't knock his goal or his assist. 

System in general OK but midfield were second best to a shit Crawley for the first 60 mins. If we play this system then we need the wide men to get back and defend when not in possession. 

3.0 flattered us but we took our chances and Dearnley could be a gem next season if Scholes can get to keep him. 

3 home wins and the season may not be over after all 😊

• Like 1