New Zealand based fans

13 hours ago, thetramfixer said:

I've been meaning to ask - who's the Latics fan that my dad was chatting to in Howick, New Zealand a couple of weeks ago?

Could be my friend or her mum, who is out there visiting her other daughter who lives in Christchurch?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, marcuswill said:

Could be old Mick.....who I have had the pleasure of meeting recently. He is based in Auckland albeit out west I think.

7 hours ago, maddog said:

Could be my friend or her mum, who is out there visiting her other daughter who lives in Christchurch?

50 minutes ago, johnboy said:

my best pal -owtb mame stewrat is holiday in christchurh.does this help

16 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Waiting for stewrat to come on and do a FIFY changing best pal to acquaintance 😁

15 minutes ago, phoenix blue and tangerine said:

Dave, my eldest is in Auckland but don't think it's him.

Clearly we have moved on from taking over Towns.....again.

• Like 4

Thanks for all the helps ... Christchurch is on the South Island - and as much as I know that if my parents managed to get from Royton to Howick, it's possible that someone could travel north from the South Island! .. my dad is a complete eeejut at times, chats away with someone, tells them his 'story' but doesn't bother to ask theirs! 

He got the impression (please see above statement) that they were locals - Howick is about the size of Royton so being across from Auckland City is believable?

Ah well ... maybe next time!

On 2/7/2019 at 8:53 PM, thetramfixer said:

I've been meaning to ask - who's the Latics fan that my dad was chatting to in Howick, New Zealand a couple of weeks ago?

I thought it could have been my Oldham born, Latics supporting brother in law, who lives five minutes away from Howick, but having checked with him, it wasn't him chatting to your dad.

Are all these Kiwi Latics fans eligible to join OASIS? You can't get that much further south... 

9 hours ago, newyorkbagel said:

I thought it could have been my Oldham born, Latics supporting brother in law, who lives five minutes away from Howick, but having checked with him, it wasn't him chatting to your dad.

Are all these Kiwi Latics fans eligible to join OASIS? You can't get that much further south... 

OASISH?

Oldham Athletic Supporters In the Southern Hemisphere

Kia Ora

I left Oldham for New Zealand in July 2011 to start a new life with my missus & kids.

So far so good but the one thing I do miss is watching Latics especially the Cup runs.

I started watching Latics as a kid in the 70's when my Dad & my Grandad used to take me and my brother.

My first hero was Alan Groves, Simon Stainrod and Andy Ritchie being the others.

I have watched through thick & thin (mainly thin) and so it felt like I had a part of me ripped out when I left.

My last appearance was also Paul Dickov’s v MK Mongs at home, thankfully I have happier memories than that game to look back on. 

I’ve been back since to BP 0-1 v Burton & 1-1 v Rochdale.

I look forward to watching highlights on the official fb page but it’s difficult trying to see goal highlights on websites such as the BBC or Sky Sports as we cannot view them here.

Still not seen Pete Wild on MOTD after Fulham, please could someone put it on Youtube? 

One day back in November 2012 I was wondering how many other Latics fans there are exiled down under in Australia or New Zealand?

With that in mind and whilst playing around with PaintShop creating my profile image I decided to form LANZAC - Latics Australia & New Zealand Appreciation Club (catchy eh?)

I thought maybe if there was enough of us we could make it more official? or be a sub branch of OASIS or something?

There were quite a few of us I recall but I never got round to doing anything about it, so as it stands I’m the only member!

If anyone has any ideas how to get this going again let us know, that would be Awesome! as we say here.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Latics4lifenotjustxmas said:

Kia Ora

I left Oldham for New Zealand in July 2011 to start a new life with my missus & kids.

So far so good but the one thing I do miss is watching Latics especially the Cup runs.

I started watching Latics as a kid in the 70's when my Dad & my Grandad used to take me and my brother.

My first hero was Alan Groves, Simon Stainrod and Andy Ritchie being the others.

I have watched through thick & thin (mainly thin) and so it felt like I had a part of me ripped out when I left.

My last appearance was also Paul Dickov’s v MK Mongs at home, thankfully I have happier memories than that game to look back on. 

I’ve been back since to BP 0-1 v Burton & 1-1 v Rochdale.

I look forward to watching highlights on the official fb page but it’s difficult trying to see goal highlights on websites such as the BBC or Sky Sports as we cannot view them here.

Still not seen Pete Wild on MOTD after Fulham, please could someone put it on Youtube? 

One day back in November 2012 I was wondering how many other Latics fans there are exiled down under in Australia or New Zealand?

With that in mind and whilst playing around with PaintShop creating my profile image I decided to form LANZAC - Latics Australia & New Zealand Appreciation Club (catchy eh?)

I thought maybe if there was enough of us we could make it more official? or be a sub branch of OASIS or something?

There were quite a few of us I recall but I never got round to doing anything about it, so as it stands I’m the only member!

If anyone has any ideas how to get this going again let us know, that would be Awesome! as we say here.

It even looks French. L'ANZAC

Count me in bra

4 hours ago, Latics4lifenotjustxmas said:

Goals are usually on twitter. Try @pb81fl