21 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Torex shirt. Massive No.

9 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

My thoughts exactly. Bang out of order that. 

Still rather see that than George embarrassing our club though 😩. Bad enough he does it week in week out without doing it on the tele. 

Torex is a big own goal tho. Makes you wonder if it’s a genuine fan or someone that’s found the shirt lying around at their cousins house. 

I remember that summer but am I the only one not fussed that the lad wore a Torex shirt?  Ironically now I see it as a symbol that no matter what is thrown at our club, we’ve survived.  We’ve outlived Torex long after they went belly up and when Moore and his dealings were found out.

Aside from the Royle era, that season under Dowie was one of the best I experienced as a fan.  Moore bankrolled us then he was hit financially - exactly the same as Blitz & Gazal.  

Unfortunately we’ve been blighted with owners promising but not delivering.  Under Moore it clicked and it’s a shame that aside from that season under Shez, the Blitz/Corney era failed continuously to replicate the excitement and success.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

*gillingham

Only if your Westy :OASISscarf:

Haven't watched Soccer AM but if it's the blue and white shirt that's one of the nicest shirts we've had over the years in my opinion, shame it had Torex blazoned across it. 

Edited by yarddog73

46 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Only if your Westy :OASISscarf:

Haven't watched Soccer AM but if it's the blue and white shirt that's one of the nicest shirts we've had over the years in my opinion, shame it had Torex blazoned across it. 

It wasn’t. 

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

That's an...errr...interesting take on what happened....

Thats what happened.  He pumped money in with big plans,  couldn’t afford the £50k a week extra because his wealth plummeted.   Between Spring and Summer 2003, his wealth dropped by 66% as share value of Torex dropped off a cliff.   He personally wrote off over £4.5m in loans to the club and sold it to Jarvis and Joy for £1.  However he left the club debt-ridden and we had the fire-sale of players.

I’m not supporting Moore - the exact opposite - but the same has happened with Blitz / Corney.   Lemsagam apparently had to pay c£4m to pay off a lot of the debts and is now, apparently, funding a similar £200k shortfall each month.  Major difference is that we don’t have major assets in players values as did in 2003.

My post is more a point that these ****ers come and go.  Wearing a Torex shirt is misplaced but I guess the wearer didn’t have a clue the significance - probably knows **** all about our club.  Torex went bump, Moore went to jail and were “surviving” 16 years on and on the advent of appointing one of the most famous English players in Premier history as our manager

1 hour ago, Midsblue said:

Aside from the Royle era, that season under Dowie was one of the best I experienced as a fan.  Moore bankrolled us then he was hit financially - exactly the same as Blitz & Gazal 

Err no he didn’t , Moore’s actions (living beyond our means) directly led to the club being placed in administration, we were just his play thing and no doubt used to launder his dodgy money and he ditched us when we no longer suited his purpose