1 minute ago, mad4it said:

Err no he didn’t , Moore’s actions (living beyond our means) directly led to the club being placed in administration, we were just his play thing and no doubt used to launder his dodgy money and he ditched us when we no longer suited his purpose 

....and the same hasn’t happened under Corney?  Difference is I knew Moore had the money, I don’t with Lemsagam nor did I with Corney.   Moore did bankroll the club at the tune of over £5m during his tenure and we were able to sell off players he bought to cover some debts and entice Chaytow at the time because that loan was written off.

I agree that Moore, Corney, Lemsagam were/are staking the club beyond our means.  I don’t want to sully the appointment of Scholes because this could well be the catalyst if Lemsagam leaves him to recruit and select.  However how are we affording him if the rumours are correct that it’s £300k salary?!

10 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

....and the same hasn’t happened under Corney?  Difference is I knew Moore had the money, I don’t with Lemsagam nor did I with Corney.   Moore did bankroll the club at the tune of over £5m during his tenure and we were able to sell off players he bought to cover some debts and entice Chaytow at the time because that loan was written off.

I agree that Moore, Corney, Lemsagam were/are staking the club beyond our means.  I don’t want to sully the appointment of Scholes because this could well be the catalyst if Lemsagam leaves him to recruit and select.  However how are we affording him if the rumours are correct that it’s £300k salary?!

The difference is Corney, ( and to some extent Blitz and Gazal ) stayed loyal to the club for 14 years it and without them Oldham Athletic wouldn’t be in existence 

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Did Moore actually end up in prison I know their was dodgy dealings going on with Torex but I think he avoided prison right?

No he got sent down for 30 months but didn't serve that long inside- he was released early on a tag/licence. 

https://www.witneygazette.co.uk/news/10502090.jailed-bosses-who-lost-17m/ 

25 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Think it’s RUMOUR not plural. Eyresie said  300k on here and now most choose to accept that he’s had a glance at the contract before Scholes even signed it. 

40 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Thats what happened.  He pumped money in with big plans,  couldn’t afford the £50k a week extra because his wealth plummeted.   Between Spring and Summer 2003, his wealth dropped by 66% as share value of Torex dropped off a cliff.  

You really need to read up on it.  His 'wealth' plummeted because it never existed.  Torex was a fraudulent enterprise built on false accounting which was the reason its shares were as high as they were.